Anyone else not surprised Werdum for KTFO?

Schoolboy Q

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Werdum was getting old and seemed like he was overlooking Volkov, glad he got KTFO, at least HW has a new contender who isn’t pushing 50.

I’m surprised Wersum got KOd. He’s had a legendary chin over the years. That said time has caught up with him, it was only a matter of time

40 year old who had 4 fights in the span of 8 months.

Thats more fights than Cain has had in the last 4 years.

I was surprised they made it to the 4th round after how exhausted they were after the first round.

Congrats to Volkov though. Hopefully Werdum hangs em up. He looked 40 tonight and got put out cold.

If Overeem loses, we might get Werdum Overeem 4.

{<jordan}

I’m not surprised after seeing OutKast he was in the second round. I knew it was up for grabs at that point

I don't think he was over looking tall Russian dude at all. He stated numerous times that he knew he was really dangerous, thus his grappling heavy game plan...which, in general was going well, until he decided to brawl. He paid the price. Another thing, these are HW's, you take enough shots, ones going to get you...it happens to ALL of them.

Werdum was getting old and seemed like he was overlooking Volkov, glad he got KTFO, at least HW has a new contender who isn’t pushing 50.

He could have been overlooking him. He had been broadly hinting of late that he wanted on UFC 226, in position to sub in for Miocic or Cormier if the need should arise. It's bad enough to talk of future fights, but naming a date even in the most elliptical of fashions is the kiss of death.

volkov is the best polish fighter and best eastern european fighter in the ufc.

40 year old who had 4 fights in the span of 8 months.

Thats more fights than Cain has had in the last 4 years.

Bro why does Cain NEVER fight? People always say injuries.. but no injuries last this long surely? Can't he just admit that maybe he trains wrong and mix it up? Its so lame to see a good fighter not fight.. all i remember is they said he trained harder than anyone.. very clearly remember that, so maybe he just always fucks himself before he even gets to fight?

Not really, not after watching the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Werdum looked old today. Really slow and back to doing the flopping on his back and begging his opponent to jump into his guard stuff.

giphy.gif

Bro why does Cain NEVER fight? People always say injuries.. but no injuries last this long surely? Can't he just admit that maybe he trains wrong and mix it up? Its so lame to see a good fighter not fight.. all i remember is they said he trained harder than anyone.. very clearly remember that, so maybe he just always fucks himself before he even gets to fight?
Have you watched his training videos?

Terrible form and training methods, I'm shocked he has actually made it to the octagon.

He got all HYPED up and rushed at him the SAME way he did against Stipe, and got flatlined again. It was hilarious

I thought that Volkov could do it, but he's fought super-safe in the UFC so far. I'm a fan of both so I'm okay. :cool:

Not surprised even one bit, My friend saw the fight and told me Werdum won by KO. I thought "damn, Werdum is a legend man guess Volkov wasn't all that". When I checked Sherdog and found out I was getting trolled, I wasn't shocked at all......it was the most likely outcome tbh. Tis the way of the game, all your favorite fighters will be getting slept in their late thirties and early forties no matter how great they were.

Have you watched his training videos?

Terrible form and training methods, I'm shocked he has actually made it to the octagon.

Many years ago, but this would explain a few things!

Werdum hasn't looked great in a long time, so not surprised.

not much. Werdum was trying to get the fight to the ground and he was having success but he got gassed hard along with Volkov. but what sealed the deal was that volkov's always fights outside and when Werdum was trying to brawl, he got tagged.

I think this fight really showed Werdum's age and striking weaknesses which Volkov kinda exploited since he is a very safe fighter.

Many years ago, but this would explain a few things!
I've noticed since Rockhold and khabib have moved their training camps away they have made fight night.

Back