Anyone else not go to Prom?

i went w/ one girl, and left w/ another

good times

I didn't go to school, so nah. When I was younger I used to feel like maybe I missed out. But I think even if had the chance I would've just stayed home tbh.

I thought it was lame and didn't want to go. Looking back I wonder if I missed out. Anyone else not go?
Didn't go. Wasn't into dancing, didn't have a girl (although in hindsight, someone or other would've wanted to go). I think the main thing was I ran my mom's car into a tree learning to park... derp.
I stayed home and chatted with some girl from another state Yahoo! messenger. Then I went to the afterparty and wrecked, booted from the party for being loud (from a hater broad I was supposedly friends with since middle school... wasn't even her house). Told the girl I who was the prettiest girl in middle school I loved her amd she never gave me a chance. Got put in a drunk van, she came and checked on me, and I elicited a sympathy kiss on the cheek (maybe should've pushed for the lips). Several years later in college, I bumped into her and she brought it up and I admitted that I was honestly fucking with her.
But from the van, my friends walked me to my door, rang doorbell and ran. Then I woke up wondering how mh shoes ended up off, and was told my mom sae me knocked out and looked out for me.

Not sure I would've had any more fun at the prom. And date or no date, I still would've got Anglo boy wasted and made a scene, most likely.
No Ragrets.

Except for every other way I squandered my youth. :(
Why are we even talking about this, guys?
<mma1>

No, i didn't like high school and didn't like most of the people in my class. Went with my girlfriend to her prom. We had an ok time, but it wasn't anything great.

I tried to back out of it since I broke up with my gf a few weeks before prom, but my friend (female) who graduated the year before wasn't having any of that bullshit. It was 60% she wanted a 2nd prom and 40% she didn't want me to miss out.

Turned out great though. I'm glad she forced me to go.

Never went to any of my proms.

No regrets whatsoever.

Disappointing you guys never went, with all the teen movies made, that made murica look like the coolest place, {I would learn in adulthood its a bigger dysfunctional shithole than most places}….the prom was the one thing we could look on from the outside and laugh at how fuckin lame the whole thing is.

Disappointing you guys never went, with all the teen movies made, that made murica look like the coolest place, {I would learn in adulthood its a bigger dysfunctional shithole than most places}….the prom was the one thing we could look on from the outside and laugh at how fuckin lame the whole thing is.

A lot of great HS movies in the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s.

fuck that. me & the gang skipped it & went all out during the after parties. good times.

I made a thing called a "green dragon" which was soaking a bunch of weed in vodka for a few weeks until it turns green then straining it and drinking it. Our entire prom party got so fucked up we were passed out by 9pm and missed the whole thing

Went to mine. Did the limo thing with 3 other couples so it was like $30 each. Ended up making out with one of the grade 11 sluts pissed out of my mind at the after grad party instead of my prom date. Oops. Never talked to either girl again after that night. Good times. Not bad I guess for the quiet guy at school.

Prom was great, I'm not surprised most people on this forum were antisocial though.

My girlfriend at the time was in the year below so she wasnt allowed to go so I just went with my friends, it's the last real big party with your school group, end of an era, I don't know why you guys were so keen on missing it.

my gf at the time was 21 and thus, was not allowed in.
Lol your prom carded people for those overage? I’ve never heard of that. Or was your girlfriend from Canada? Haha

I would, but but legally I can't be within 500 feet of a school zone.

I didn't go. One of the reasons is that I didn't like the high school I was going to at the time and I was kinda broke. I have tons of Facebook friends from my other high school but none from the high school I was going to at the time of the prom.

My best friend in high school was a hot girl. I wanted to ask her to prom but she had a boyfriend. I took her to my work dinner and my coworkers asked "Isnt that the girl you were going to ask to Prom?", right infront of her. I just kind of froze like oh god. I felt her kick me hard under the dinner table and she gave me this look like "You better ask me right now infront of everyone". I just put my head down and smiled.

A month later it was my birthday and she wrote me a nice long card and it the end it said "So, when are you going to ask me to Prom?".

What I dont think she realized is that me and her boyfriend had a lot of tension and I didnt feel right asking her while she had a boyfriend. I never asked and I never went.

Never went and never regretted it. Got an early start drinking.

I'm in the UK and we didn't have proms. Everyone got pissed in a field on the last day of school and I finger-blasted a girl, though. Good times.

Back