Anyone else no longer a Mighty Mouse fan?

why? because you say so? Nah, it just worked out this way where cody is injured, tj wants his title fight and mm needs to be fucking challenged already. Now I am not responding anymore. I gotta go.

Because TJ never earned a 125 title shot. Never fought at 125 in UFC. Not hard to figure out.

MM is just trying to keep some level of sanity for the sport. He said if TJ wants a shot he can come pick up a win at flyweight. Sounds reasonable to me.

And he was absolutely right when he said this is the only sport where the best don't get paid like it. Even top boxers that wouldn't get recognized on a NYC street make better money.

Because TJ never earned a 125 title shot. Never fought at 125 in UFC. Not hard to figure out.

did frankie (the first time) or ken flo earn fw title fight? When you're trying to get people more excited about a division you allow for this. There is precedent for it. Now fuck off with this shit.

Sigh. That's not the point.

You tried to justify a top contender from a bigger weight class deserving a title shot because he can simply make the weight.

And there are reasons TJ doesn't fight at 125. It's not easy for him. There are problems, and lets see how those problems unfold against wide spread of styles at 125.

TJ did not earn this title shot. He was on a reality TV show and is being rewarded.

Borg missed weight by 4.5 pounds 2 fights ago.

Next excuse?

It's a big shame because it's not like TJ is much bigger than him. He's a bit taller and little bit broader but their walk around weight is probably only 5-10lb difference. I could be a bit more understanding for Dom who is a lot taller and longer.
It's a little more then that. TJ could maybe make 125 the same that DJ could make 115. But yes in the realm of possibility.

IMG_4647.JPG

did frankie (the first time) or ken flo earn fw title fight? When you're trying to get people more excited about a division you allow for this. There is precedent for it. Now fuck off with this shit.
Frankie didnt earn it the first time and i love Frankie. Kenny fought a top contender at 145 showing he can make weight so yes he earned it.

I used to love Mighty Mouse and would always stick up for him and brushed off his haters as insecure virgins but refusing to take the opportunity to fight TJ is unacceptable.

He's been crying about how he doesn't get paid enough. The way you get paid is by having fans. You're not going to gain fans by fighting guys who realistically are far far inferior skill wise compared to the top contenders at 135-170. Does he just want UFC to give him money because he wants it? He's fighting in the least popular division in the UFC and he's so much better than anyone else that there's no excitement at all.

He doesn't want to challenge himself and people, rightfully so, don't consider his title reign as impressive as Silva or Jones or McGregor. If he beat TJ, who is considered a top fighter, he would start getting the respect and fans he desires.

And for the record, I still think people who make fun of his height constantly are sad men.

All that aside, I think the biggest hurdle is if Dillashaw could make 125. He looks rough when he makes 135 and obviously going down to 125 can be at least attempted by cutting down on the calories, but that extra 10lbs is going to be horrible for him, I'd imagine.

It's there in the archives that he has complained about not getting paid, so there's nothing to debate on that topic. But he did do an interview where he was talking about the importance of defending titles (I think he was just talking to MMA writers at a UFC card) and I remember thinking he seems to have a different outlook on things. I thought he was angling about the significance of breaking Silva's record.

In all probability; if this was for the title, I think it co-mains a PPV at best so the financial incentive might not be there. Unless he's bartering with the UFC behind closed doors trying to pump up his pay.

I think Dillashaw has everything to gain from the fight if it happens and he wins: 2 x Champion in different weight classes. Can't see him going up and down in weight if he was to win the 125 and 135 belt.

I'd definitely be interested in watching him fight Dillashaw at a catch weight rather than a title fight with Borg.

Kenny did.

Edgar got a title shot? Title shots for anybody!

He is probably just playing hard to get to make sure he gets paid good vs someone like TJ(Top BW without a title).

The heat he gets right now is 90% caused by fools who are just happy now they can finally shit on him without having to use his size as an argument.

It's hilarious that he gets shit for not being to keen on fighting a top guy from a higher weight class when there is several champs who do not want to fight guys in their own division.

Edit: For the record I would love to see DJ vs TJ.

Last edited:
Borg missed weight, TJ deserves a title shot.

Fill in the gap for me please.

TJ is a former champ and a far tougher challenge. Even the most blinkered of MightyDuck fans knows this.

Borg only has a 2 fight win streak against nobodies, is 5-2 and has missed 126 twice, nevermind trying to make championship weight.

TJ is a former champ and a far tougher challenge.

Is that why they have weight classes? Because bigger fighters are tough to fight?

I've been a mma fan for a short time but I've never heard "he's a threat or style match up so he deserves a shot"

Never was a fan in the first place. Prior to winning the title, the best compliment I heard was how much trouble he gave Cruz.

I'd like to see this fight, but MM not clamoring for it isn't exactly a problem for me. What if they make the match and TJ can't get under 130 lbs? What then? I don't care that he's never won at 125. He was champ at 135, that's enough for me. But he's A LOT bigger than MM. I'm not sure I believe he can make the weight just because he claims it, while trying to keep his name up.

Also, it's amazing how quickly people get accused of ducking on this forum. I remember a few months ago when Woodley was the ultimate ducker because he wouldn't fight WB and Maia. Lol.

Nothing has happened yet. Cody was only officially pulled this week.

At this point Id say it's pretty safe to assume MM doesn't give the slightest fuck what the fans want or their opinion on him.

Took his poster off my bedroom wall just last night.

Back