Anyone else growing a little bored with TV shows?

G

Guestx

I've seen a lot of people say the opposite, that they've grown bored with movies and are gravitating toward TV shows. In fact, I was kind of feeling that way for a little while.

But now I think the pendulum is swinging in the other direction as I've begun to really appreciate taking in a story all in one go instead of having it stretched out over 10+ episodes.

The only shows I got going right now are The Path, The Last Kingdom and The OA. Usually I'll have three times that many.

The only issue I might have with the TV shows that I watch is that there is a bit of a time comment to them. Movies will always have a special place in my heart though even though I think many of them suffer creatively. Even though I would consider this the golden age of tv I don't like most TV shows and the ones who are putting out the best content seem to not have to answer to as many masters such as network TV shows. Besides commercials make TV almost unwatchable to me at this point.

The only issue I might have with the TV shows that I watch is that there is a bit of a time comment to them. Movies will always have a special place in my heart though even though I think many of them suffer creatively. Even though I would consider this the golden age of tv I don't like most TV shows and the ones who are putting out the best content seem to not have to answer to as many masters such as network TV shows. Besides commercials make TV almost unwatchable to me at this point.

Regarding movies suffering creatively, my solution to that lately has been to watch more independent stuff. And by that I mean what I call studio-backed "fake indies" like Captain Fantastic, which I thought felt very fresh and original, as well as truly independent films like this documentary-of-sorts I watched the other night called Actress.

Basically I've just been going out of my way to find things that aren't the usual films you're going to find at the Megaplex.

No shit about the idiot box.
But watch it, cause it only worked while it lasted for incubus.
It can be that they werent as ahead of the game as they thought they were, or they werent as commited as they should have been, maybe cause that was their "gameplan", or cause its a "diferent time", or maybe cause the audience just isnt "prepared" for that "reality".
Variables ...
tyrant-quote.jpg

... not that i actually "blame" The tyrant tho. but thats me.

Back