Anyone else follow NCAA Men's Volleyball - bracket challenge

This is the gayest thread I've ever seen.

Strange responses.

NCAA Men's volleyball is legit. It is much more entertaining for me to watch than soccer or baseball or golf.

Strange responses.

NCAA Men's volleyball is legit. It is much more entertaining for me to watch than soccer or baseball or golf.

It is pretty good. I have seen some games live, when I was at PSU, and PSU has good teams. It is constant action, serve, spike, dig, set, spike, dig set on and on and on. The athleticism is underrated. It is constant jumping, spiking, digging, getting back up.

I love watching Men's Volleyball, but it's almost never covered.

Sometimes I can catch it on ESPN3 local for free. It's hard to get involved, though, when the sport basically isn't covered. There's no drama, no narratives, no way to pull you in by showing you how the history of the sport is being authored as it unfolds in front of your eyes.

Sports need stars. They need a way to build up the personalities. Faces give you stories beyond the points and the outcomes.

Yep, it doesn't get TV coverage and how the game is promoted is pretty weak. BYU has their own TV channel and broadcast all their home games with some pretty solid commentary but they are the exception.

But with the Internet there are often live streams of the matches.

The match I am most interested in watching on Saturday is UC Irvine vs UCLA. They split during the season - both won at home. Going into the season a lot of people thought the national championships would be a battle between UCLA and Ohio State.

But UCLA suffered injuries and has not lived up to the hype and have not played to their ability. UC Irvine tried different line ups during the first half of the season and finally found one that works and are playing really well and upset Ohio State in Ohio a couple weeks ago. Ohio State had the second longest winning streak ever in NCAA volleyball.

To add a storyline...the UCLA coach coached UC Irvine to a national title and left to coach at UCLA. He is also the USA National Volleyball head coach The coach who replaced him at UC Irvine coached UC Irvine to a national championship the next year. The UCLA coach hasn't had much success ( qualified for 1 NCAA Tournament in 4 years) while at UCLA despite getting highly regarded recruits each year.

So can UCLA redeem themselves now that it is conference playoff time and live up to they pre-season hype or will they even make the NCAA Tournament?

Free live feed to the match on Saturday

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

U
C
L
A

UCLA fight fight fight.

This is the type of player that should be promoted more. He is UCLA true freshman middle. He is still raw but has a very high ceiling. Freak athlete.

This is the type of player that should be promoted more. He is UCLA true freshman middle. He is still raw but has a very high ceiling. Freak athlete.

Would win UFC gold with 2 months of training.

too bad this :eek::eek::eek: didn't take up a real sport like Basketball. probably could have ended up getting paid more than the Women do. Seems like a sport @therealdope would follow

Back