Anyone else Disappointed by the Promotion of 229?

EXOICHO

PRIDE
@Black
Reaction score
I understand that they don't actually need to spend a lot of money promoting the fight because of how huge it is, but I was hoping they'd have a McGregor/Aldo esque promo with high production value and actually some level of art to it.

Instead we're getting super generic fight commercials.

No because I already know when the fight is going to happen.

'Cause the fight promotes itself there is no need to spend the money. That money will be wasted cause there won't be a significant return on the investment.

I understand that they don't actually need to spend a lot of money promoting the fight because of how huge it is, but I was hoping they'd have a McGregor/Aldo esque promo with high production value and actually some level of art to it.

Instead we're getting super generic fight commercials.
Worried about someone pulling out...

The fight in in October.

It hasn't even really started.

It’s in October, it’ll really start to ramp up in September. Give it time, the hype needs to peak at the right point.

Give it a few, TS.

My guess is the first presser, shit will go next level.

I may bust McGs balls here, but NO ONE can sell a fight like that mo-fo.

Disappointed but not surprised given the recent poor promotion they have done for their PPVs over last year or so. As usual they are relying on Conor to do the heavy lifting on this one.

Both guys are deep in camp now. This is a historic fight.

Give them at least until September to start really doing media stuff hardcore.

Both guys are deep in camp now. This is a historic fight.

Give them at least until September to start really doing media stuff hardcore.
tumblr_oby5brV38Q1vbe7guo1_1280.jpg

<Y2JSmirk>
You realize that not too much promotion is needed when the tickets are sold out in 3 min.

to all the people who replied saying "HURR it sells itself"

read the fucking OP retards, i already acknowledged that.

To everybody else, you're my boys

For some reason I feel like the lead up is going to disappoint. Maybe I'm wrong.

And it is a bit odd that we haven't really gotten anything yet.

For some reason I feel like the lead up is going to disappoint. Maybe I'm wrong.

And it is a bit odd that we haven't really gotten anything yet.

Remember when nobody gave a fuck about the "lead up" consisting of fake manufactured drama and who could yell over the other guy the best? Lol. Was good times.

Too early

Its not 2010 anymore, we have short attention spans nowadays. They need to start marketing the week of the fights not months before.

UFC has always been bad at promoting fights regarldess. Bunch of youtube videos is all they upload.

+ we already know Kalabeeb is pulling out so no point promoting

Wait until he pulls out then promote the replacement

Remember when nobody gave a fuck about the "lead up" consisting of fake manufactured drama and who could yell over the other guy the best? Lol. Was good times.

Ain't this the damn truth. Did anyone salivate over Chuck's pre-fight pressers or get into manufactured drama leading up to Anderson fights?

It saddens me how blurred the line between the sport of MMA and the spectacle of pro wrasslin' has become.

i love you fake oldschool fans

MMA has always been tied closely with pro wrestling

Ain't this the damn truth. Did anyone salivate over Chuck's pre-fight pressers or get into manufactured drama leading up to Anderson fights?

It saddens me how blurred the line between the sport of MMA and the spectacle of pro wrasslin' has become.

Well to be fair this all started with an Anderson fight although he wasn't the one doing the talking.

Back