Anyone else cringe when Rogan called Stipe baddest man on the planet?

Can anyone imagine Dwight Howard at heavy weight spamming oblique kicks and eye pokes lol? he'd be an A level athlete version of jon jones

I noticed how Rogan turned face so quickly, he was hyping Ngannou up like crazy, he was starting the Ronda stuff with him. Once in a lifetime nonsense, and as soon as Ngannou lost he is all over Stipe, made several beautiful gorgeous lovely tweets about Stipe and he said nothing prior. What a joke. its embarrassing.

I also noticed How Stipe ignored all the tweets and didn't acknowledge and reply to any of them hahahaha, Stipe knows..

Joshua has bette punching than anyone in mma history. Also can fight more than 5 minutes. Yes... In a street fight id take him over the sad crop of ufc heavyweights. Btw he sold 70k seats in 5 minutes for his next fight so the world agrees...

Im a ufc fan. Bought the last ppv. Was sad at the display. Number one contenders in a sport dont quit. What is this we paid for?
he can bo for more then 5 minutes, an mma fight/street fight whatever scenario ur talking about is different

dude would be gassed just like ngannou tryna wrestle

LOL Cerrone got blasted by Darren Till how he is one of the best strikers in UFC? He's not even the best WW striker, not even top 3, Thompson would embarass him, try again

Cerrone is one of the most successful strikers in UFC history, right up there for record number of wins. As if this washed up version losing to self proclaimed LHW Till means anything.

Conor, also one of the best strikers in UFC history, is 0-1 in boxing with all losses coming by stoppage.

Anderson Silva, one of the best strikers in UFC history, is 1-1 in boxing with all losses coming by stoppage.

Try again.

CuYCTjc.gif

I know wrestling is god and all that but are we supposed to believe that just because he is ufc champ he can whip anyone's ass in the world in real life? Shit... Id take joshua in that parking lot anyday...
Stipe is one tough SOB.......but he has zero mystique.

I don’t think he is the baddest man on the planet at all. Some LHWs(Jones, DC, maybe even Anthony Johnson if he was still fighting) would mop the floor with him.

Fair enough. "Baddest man on the planet" is obviously hyperbole. But don't sell Stipe short, he is literally the most dominant HW champion in the history of the UFC.
No disrespect to stipe. It was the hyperbole marketing playing for the teenage mma fan boy that offended me.

Cerrone is one of the most successful strikers in UFC history, right up there for record number of wins. As if this washed up version losing to self proclaimed LHW Till means anything.
Cerrone is not only a striker. He wins fights because he is well rounded and has a damn good grappling, i don't really remember but i'd say most of his wins were by submission, he wouldn't be nearly as sucessful without his top BJJ and wrestling. Till, Thompson and Ponzinibbio are better strikers. Cerrone as "one of the best strikers" is just absurd. You are totally wrong.

Also: Fabio Maldonado is 25-0 at boxing. We are talking about the big guys here, leprechaun midget has nothing to do with that.

What was he supposed to do ? The pathetic UFC hype machine had it all over the posters. I thought it was stupid to begin with. But, that’s the way it is.

He’s the baddest man in the UFC. So, I’m not going to worry about it too much.

But, now those assholes need to get behind Stipe. Even if he did make the boss look like the piece of shit he is. And, Dana was giving him props in the interview I saw on FS1.

It’s not worth getting over, TS. Just go with the Orinoco Flow and enjoy the ride.

We got the champion we deserve. And even if he isn’t the baddest man on the planet. He’s a really good guy. And, he’s pure badass.
No issues man. But the whole "ufc champions are the baddest people of their weight" thing is laughable. Thats my point

My issue is that we should enjoy ufc and any other combat for what it is. A sport. The "baddest man on the planet" is laughable given the level of competence we have in the hw division in both boxing and mma. The hw champion of ufc does not mean they can whip anyones ass in the world until we get a transcendent champion. As it is we have a hard working guy who knows how to fight. Not the same thing. Its pathetic fan boys need these myths to enjoy the sport. Also, no HW in ufc is worth a 65 dollar ppv. Disagree?
Quite simply, Stipe is the person that has provided the most evidence that he is the "baddest man on the planet", that is all, nothing is really proven, but no one can argue a better claim to that title.

Quite simply, Stipe is the person that has provided the most evidence that he is the "baddest man on the planet", that is all, nothing is really proven, but no one can argue a better claim to that title.
UFC fan boyism and discounting the eyeball test sure. But the few hundred thousand people who care dont change the reality of the thousands of people who would have a reasonable shot against what we saw on Saturday. Top athlethes from the nfl and boxing etc

Idk it is a little weird but then again, you'd be crazy to pick Joshua over stipe on a street fight lol, literally he'd just duck the first punch and take him down

I'm a Stipe fan but let's be real, Joshua would fucking annihilate him in a street fight, and any other UFC heavyweight.
Lol you clearly never trained MMA or been around pro MMA trainers when they train. Joshua would get absolutely destroyed by any top 20 heavyweights in the UFC.

No issues man. But the whole "ufc champions are the baddest people of their weight" thing is laughable. Thats my point

Why is it laughable?

You've provided exactly zero reasoning, other than saying "I think Anthony Joshua would beat Stipe in a real fight." And, tbh, if anything is laughable, it's that opinion still existing in 2018.

Yes, a boxer could potentially knock someone out with the first punch, but chances are, they're need quite a few punches. I mean, how often does a fight end with literally the first punch thrown? Not often. Whereas a wrestler legitimately only needs to get hold of a guy once, and he's probably taking them down. Then the boxer's on his ass and essentially completely ineffective.

MMA is not a real fight... But it's A LOT closer than boxing. So, for me, I'd pick any MMA fighter to beat any similarly sized boxer in a "real" fight.

They simply have more effective weapons.

Joshua has bette punching than anyone in mma history. Also can fight more than 5 minutes. Yes... In a street fight id take him over the sad crop of ufc heavyweights. Btw he sold 70k seats in 5 minutes for his next fight so the world agrees...

Im a ufc fan. Bought the last ppv. Was sad at the display. Number one contenders in a sport dont quit. What is this we paid for?

Punching isn't TDD. Not a single boxing technique his equivalent to stuffing a TD.

Him selling 70k seats means he can stuff Stipe's TDs? Boxing fans buying boxing tickets means he can outwrestle an MMA fighter?

Are you trolling? If you are you are skilled if not you are years behind buddy.

Conor, also one of the best strikers in UFC history, is 0-1 in boxing with all losses coming by stoppage.

Anderson Silva, one of the best strikers in UFC history, is 1-1 in boxing with all losses coming by stoppage.

Try again.

CuYCTjc.gif

Was he over the hill when Mas finished him in barely over 1 round?

Was he over the hill when Lawler outstruck him?

Was he over the hill when RDA finished him in 1 round?

Was he when Guillard put him on roller skates?

What about when Pettis finished him in 1 round?

What about when Nate pieced him up?

What are they if Cerrone is top 3 UFC strikers of all time?

P.s. posting his kickboxing record wouldn't have looked as stupid I suppose considering he could kick any boxer in his weightclass in the head with ease.

Back