Anyone else agree with this? Cormier assessment.

TheGumby

Claymation Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He's already tweeted asking the fans to pick between Gus or Volkhan. Dude just got KTFO in a pretty bad way. I say give Cormier 4-6 months no contact and let Gus v Volk happen to decide whom the next challenger is. I don't think it's an inheritantly good idea to have Cormier back out soon. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Or maybe he feels he has something to prove and wants to get back in there asap before his body forces him to retire.

Let he and his team decide the best course of action.

Some guys need a break after being KO'd, for confidence/mental/physical issues.

Some guys need to get back in so they do not lose their confidence...I think Cormier falls into this category.

He's already tweeted asking the fans to pick between Gus or Volkhan. Dude just got KTFO in a pretty bad way. I say give Cormier 4-6 months no contact and let Gus v Volk happen to decide whom the next challenger is. I don't think it's am inheritantly good idea to have Cormier back out soon. Just my opinion.
He said in the same series of tweets he would take 6 months.

No, we dont need Gus and Volkan to fight each other. They're the future of the division at this point. Let Gus get that title fight.

DC isn't getting any younger, and he's got a lot to prove, seeing that he lost both of his fights against Jones, and isn't the actual champ. So it's kinda obvious why he would want to get inside the cage and prove that he's the champ.

DC in those same sets of tweets says he doesn't plan on fighting until early next year so he can get at least 6 months of recovery from the damage.

Better luck next time TS.

Well, he didn't truly lose as the fights were so close and Jones is a degenerate drug cheat.

find a way to stretch out fights between these three guys n that's the formula .. More $$$ makes the most sense in UFC eyes

I agree with making Gus vs Volk. Not because of D.C being koed, but because I'd like a more clear cut number 1 contender

No, we dont need Gus and Volkan to fight each other. They're the future of the division at this point. Let Gus get that title fight.
In other words, we cant have any white on white crime. Hahaha. Lets not lose 50% of our title contenders.

I agree with making Gus vs Volk. Not because of D.C being koed, but because I'd like a more clear cut number 1 contender
Yes. It is close. I think gus is slightly ranked higher. I say make gus vs cormier two. I think gus takes it.

Who knows if rumble will throw his name back in the cage.

Nah

Former champ on a 3 fight Win Streak, in a weak division.

Might make good ppv number tbh.

+ Fresh matchup

Sounded better when I thought it was sarcasm...

That's the way to go. Gus otherwise, but DC shouldn't come back too soon to get KO'd when he's not ready.

Back