Anyone been tempted to 'Challenge' Traditional Martial arts schools ?

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
You don't want to be a dick, but has anyone been tempted to challenge (in a nice explorative, "learning experience for everyone way) traditional martial artists to full contact sparring ?

The exotic kung fu styles etc

I remember seeing footage of two of the highest level Wing Chun practioners going at it, and they ended up rolling around on the floor !

This isn't meant to denograte traditional martial arts. I practiced shotokan karate and judo as a kid and Taekwondo in my late teens, i just find the dynamic and the place of traditional martial arts schools in today's world interesting

i remember talking to a very highly ranked Shotokan instructor and he mentioned that the low stance katas weren't just for show, they were designed to building explosive power in the legs. I thought to myself, well since then, we have friggin plyometrics !

Seems arrogant and gay imo.

If you do decide to dojo storm, at least get it on video

inb4 TS gets reckd by muay chun

If you want to train MMA than do it, work hard and let your insecurities go.

thinking about going and kicking the shit out of other schools is a mental need to feel superior that reflects on U.

Go back and train hard!

It's annoying when fake schools proclaim their efficiency, I get it, but obsessing about what other people are doing is your own lack of confidence.

Go back and train hard!

99.9% of the public isn't capable of high level training that would be required to physically dominate, the other .1 aren't training to purposefully go out and kick somebodies ass.

don't worry about it.

Go back and train hard!

If you want to test your skills go to any inner city gang zone and parade around with a big shinny watch and a fat wallet and see how well you do. There will be plenty of willing participants to help you figure out your level of capability.

LOL!

If you are to chicken to do that then STFU and go back and train hard!

No, because I know what would happen. Back when I was young my TKD instructor believed in hard sparring for his students. When we went to tournaments we'd usually kick the crap out of other competitors but lose on points half the time because it was first hit and not knockdown rules. In hindsight, it must've sucked for the other guys when they thought they were doing a fun points fight only to have it go Cobra Kai on them.

There's this Wing Chun guy who goes around other schools to challenge them.

Here's one of MT

Here's one of TKD

Here's a small compilation of some of the fights/challenges.

There are other vids of him challenging other schools/arts on youtube.
It's been done. It was the norm. The Gracies used to do it. They used or probably still accept challenges. It's not the norm now but I'm sure most schools would love to accept your challenges. Ever so often I'd see some street thug challenge a boxing gym or a MT gym which is also on YT.

Last edited:
Back