Anyone aspire to live outside of the US?

North or south? I'm partial to the south myself. Beautiful countryside there rather than just a bunch of flat farmland.
Bavaria seems like a very nice place to live. Have always dreamed of living in Germany since I was a teenager, but Merkel and her open door policies have ruined that for me.

I like how ts complains about hipsters, while saying total hipster shit

Italia, or Fapan.

Bavaria seems like a very nice place to live. Have always dreamed of living in Germany since I was a teenager, but Merkel and her open door policies have ruined that for me.
I wouldn't have taken you for a white genocide alarmist, but to each their own.

The south of Germany is where it's at. My family history ties heavily to Baden-Württemberg and it is absolutely stunning. It is hilly to mountainous, contains the schwarzwald (black forest) and is generally a bunch of smaller cities surrounded by countless square miles of vineyards on the rolling hills, speckled with little wine towns. It's the region which borders Bavaria, with the French and Swiss borders on its edge too. It's not quite the tourist hotspot that Bavaria/Munich is but, frankly, it's a nicer trip in a lot of ways.

You have no idea. Take a look at his meat threat in the war room. It may well trigger the douchpocalypse.

What's hipster shit? Not liking reality tv or pop culture? I guess that makes my grandparents hipsters lmao.

I wouldn't have taken you for a white genocide alarmist, but to each their own.

The south of Germany is where it's at. My family history ties heavily to Baden-Württemberg and it is absolutely stunning. It is hilly to mountainous, contains the schwarzwald (black forest) and is generally a bunch of smaller cities surrounded by countless square miles of vineyards on the rolling hills, speckled with little wine towns. It's the region which borders Bavaria, with the French and Swiss borders on its edge too. It's not quite the tourist hotspot that Bavaria/Munich is but, frankly, it's a nicer trip in a lot of ways.

You have no idea. Take a look at his meat threat in the war room. It may well trigger the douchpocalypse.
Facts are facts. Sorry that's so triggering.

North or south? I'm partial to the south myself. Beautiful countryside there rather than just a bunch of flat farmland.

Yeah, I was thinking south as well. Maybe the Munich area or around Stuttgart. I've been told that I may have language issues being in Bavaria and not a native speaker (especially since I plan on learning standard German), but it's all about the experience to me. I supposedly have family ties in Frankfurt, so that's an option as well.

If I could get a job, i'd probably make the move tomorrow to be honest. What better way to learn than being there? But my plan is to get out from under my US debt and just up and go.

Curious as to where you brahs would like to settle down.

The cost of living is getting out of control in this country and idk man, I'm tired of being around people that look and sound like me constantly. I want to live somewhere where the people are different. American culture has become so corporate it's sickening. Everywhere you go it's the same strip mall, the same franchise restaurants, the same looking dumb bimbos with the same looks and the same hipsters.

Would love to settle down outside of this country and be a foreigner in a different land where corporate culture isn't so widespread and the people aren't so culturally homogeneous and into reality tv and pop culture.

First round draft picks would be:

Irish countryside
Ireland-countryside-landscape.jpg

pros:
-quick/cheap access to mainland europe
-irish girls
-lack of strip malls/corporate and pop culture
-rich history and culture
-no drug/gang epidemic
-clean air and water
-could get to a major city like dublin fairly quickly for some nightlife
-people speak my language (barely lol)

cons:
-expensive
-cold

Argentinian Coast
house-dune-luciano-kruk-arquitectos-architecture-residential-buenos-aires-argentina_dezeen_2364_col_7-852x479.jpg

pros:
-cheap. money goes a long way
-live on the beach (I surfed as a kid when I lived in cali and I've always wanted to be back in a position where I could surf daily. GOAT recreational activity)
-ethnic girls
-rich culture and history
-awesome food

cons:
-semi 3rd world
-probably a good deal of drugs/crime

anyone else wanna settle down outside the US? Post where you'd like to go.

Argentina is a semi-third world country? What are you smoking, boludo?

In college I spent time in Ireland, England, And Germany. I went back to Germany and England the last few years. It has changed a lot. I'm not saying for better or worse but England lost a lot of its identity and feels like India minor now. I couldn't believe how many people were from India. Germany still has its identity but I was shocked by how many muslims. Like that's the country they went to? Lol I lived in Ireland and would do so again.

Argentina is a semi-third world country? What are you smoking, boludo?
Isn't it? Like I know Buenos Aires is supposed to be nice but I've been looking at properties in coastal cities and slot of them definitely do not look up to first world standards

Isn't it? Like I know Buenos Aires is supposed to be nice but I've been looking at properties in coastal cities and slot of them definitely do not look up to first world standards

There are plenty of prominent people that live in costal cities in Argentina during the summer. Argentina is country that was built on European immigration. Granted, over the last couple of decades an influx of Bolivian, Paraguayan, Chilean and Peruvians have come to Argentina for work but Argentina is the most western country in all of Latin America.

Reading op made me think of this:

If you're really serious, I'd narrow down to 2-3 options and spend a few days in each.

There are plenty of prominent people that live in costal cities in Argentina during the summer. Argentina is country that was built on European immigration. Granted, over the last couple of decades an influx of Bolivian, Paraguayan, Chilean and Peruvians have come to Argentina for work but Argentina is the most western country in all of Latin America.
Yeah that's why I would consider living there, because it's the most western nation in South America.

Reading op made me think of this:

If you're really serious, I'd narrow down to 2-3 options and spend a few days in each.

That's funny I watched that with my girl a couple weeks ago. Hadn't seen it in foreverrr

Already have a place(need to know basis) but I love Switzerland. I'd have to give up probably 10 years and more likely than not a passport to make it out there but it might actually be worth it. It's beautiful, clean, and culturally rich. Just stay out in some remote hamlet and when you want some excitement drive or catch the train up to Austria, France, Germany, or Italy and back home in no time. Unfortunately it's not the most inexpensive place. Uruguay and Scotland are great countries too. Malta's pretty alright as well.

I used to want to live elsewhere. Then I moved to Hawaii. Problem solved.

Yeah, I've kind of been prodding the waters regarding that. Going to school to get into environmental law and have no idea what it takes to practice law in Europe. If anything though I'm sure I could land a consulting type job over there if I complete my schooling and get a resume under me.

It's not that easy, unless you somehow get a passports from another EU country.

Plus I think you need to do a bit more research.

pros:
-quick/cheap access to mainland europe Ryanair is handy for city breaks
-irish girls Get old fast and bitch
-lack of strip malls/corporate and pop culture Starbucks, McDonalds, Subway and all that shite is here too
-rich history and culture Slagging
-no drug/gang epidemic You'll still spot the odd smack head around.
-clean air and water = sideways rain.
-could get to a major city like dublin fairly quickly for some nightlife Dublin is full of jackeens and tourists
-people speak my language (barely lol) You'll have trouble with the accents, especially in the west.

cons:
-expensive for cars/insurance, utilities but a higher standard of living.
-cold dark, and wet winters., with less than 12 hours of daylight from Oct to April.

Back