Anybody here used EarSplintz?

sjmoon92

White Belt
Reaction score
I going to start BJJ and I want to prevent cauliflower as much as possible. I do not care about it being a badge of honor. I am not sure how Earsplintz really work. Do you put them on after training?

Well, i can tell you that once your ear is damaged with swelling from it, it is really extra super painful, so i dont know of anyone that would want to put something like that on their ear.

There are two ways to completely not get cauliflower ear:

wear wrestling headgear

dont do grappling martial arts

If you are really concerned wear headgear or don't train. I think Ear splintz are for recovering after cauliflower ear. I think the Dr. places them in your ear after draining it. Someone with better knowledge than me probably knows what ear splintz are.

I see. So will wearing headgear prevent cauliflower ear 100% of the time?

I see. So will wearing headgear prevent cauliflower ear 100% of the time?

Well I started getting cauliflower ear got my ear drained and the Dr. said to stay off it for six weeks. Fuck that. I just wear the damn ear muffs. It stopped the pain I was having when it was getting rubbed. I have been using them for about 4 months and I haven't had another outbreak.

Some guys have told me it doesn't matter though. You may still get the cauli from wearing them.

I don't see how that's possible if they are made of hard plastic.

I don't know man. That's what I have heard. I use mine and haven't had a problem yet. I know my ears hurt bad when my cauli started acting up. After wearing those ridiculous looking ear muffs no more pain.

I don't know man. That's what I have heard. I use mine and haven't had a problem yet. I know my ears hurt bad when my cauli started acting up. After wearing those ridiculous looking ear muffs no more pain.

The only way that happens is if the model is defective somehow, and presses on the ear.

The only way that happens is if the model is defective somehow, and presses on the ear.

Good to know. I think guys at my gym don't want me to wear those things. I don't care what they think; cauliflower ear hurts and my wife doesn't dig it to much either.

Edit: I just reread your question and Earsplintz are for when you already have cauliflower ear.

I just wear my earguards if my ears ever feel sore and my ears are still fine after 3 years. I think it also depends on the person on how easily you will get cauliflower ear. They're your ears so it won't matter what other people think about the ear guards if you want to protect them.

I've noticed sometimes after rolling for awhile and the headgear gets sweaty it will move if someone grabs it or I am trying to pull my head out of a choke. This can fold up the ear so I imagine that would be how you could still get cauliflower ear. I usually just reset them if this happens.

Edit: I just reread your question and Earsplintz are for when you already have cauliflower ear.

Last edited:
I going to start BJJ and I want to prevent cauliflower as much as possible. I do not care about it being a badge of honor. I am not sure how Earsplintz really work. Do you put them on after training?

Hi there ,
I know this is an old post but there's a new invention Caulear protection this product is new to the market it's a virtually invisible ear shield, strong,light , flexible doesn't impair hearing ,it is selling on the web for all athletes BJJ Gracgo MMA , Rugby.This protects and provents against cauliflower ears!! Selling in Ireland , USA,U.K.,Italy France and Germany.Any athletic can purchase these through caulear protection.com check out the face book page see who uses them and referrals from medical professionals! Great protection for use in training and competition !

Hey, everyone. I work with Earsplintz so I wanted to answer some of these questions.

-Yes, You were them after training, not during.
-No, they don't hurt, Since they are molded perfectly to your ears they only need light pressure to keep them from filling up.
-You can mold your ears before cauliflower ear strikes OR directly after draining (Doctor recommended).
-Headgear isn't 100% but it definitely helps.

I wear my Earsplintz after training if my ears hurt normally for 30min-an hour (pro tip, keep a set of the molds in the freezer for a cold compress = heaven.) If they hurt really bad, then I wear them to bed and use my headgear for the next week or so. I got involved with the company because Earsplintz was the only thing that worked on my ears after two weeks of draining even with clamps and magnets! They are the best solution on the market

Use promo code SHERDOG for $10 off! www.EarSplintz.com

Last edited:
Back