Anybody here living the podcast life?

Obviously Chip Chipperson is the best
then there's Marc Maron
Bill Burr's Monday morning thing
Robert Kelly's YKWD

Watch this one, Vos talks about his crack addiction, then some moron tries to follow Bill Burr talking about Patrice and pretty much destroys his comedy career. It's fucking brutal.

Larry Pepe (email subscription podcast)

Larry's really good, started listening to him after hearing him guest on Junkie Radio.

You don't listen to Heavy Hands? I could swear I saw you Tweetering with Ruebusch not too long ago.

Larry's really good, started listening to him after hearing him guest on Junkie Radio.

You don't listen to Heavy Hands? I could swear I saw you Tweetering with Ruebusch not too long ago.

Ah I forgot about that one, I do check in with Heavy Hands from time to time. I’m not a weekly listener, but I respect their knowledge.

And yes, I think we have tweetered on occasion

Earwolf stuff. Mostly Spont and CBB. the DTFH and some Radiolab... and the first season of "We're Alive" which is a sort of audio book, or a narrated story about zombie survival...
Monica
I love CBB and Spont. Have you listend to big grandes teacher lounge or the Andy Daly pilot podcast?

Monica
I love CBB and Spont. Have you listend to big grandes teacher lounge or the Andy Daly pilot podcast?

I listened to a few teachers lounges and the Andy Daly stuff on cbb. I like Andy Daly but haven't vibed with his podcast yet.

Kinda bummed that spont will end soon but PFT will move on to something great!

Aside from Rogan do you guys get down on some podcasts?

I used to be a TV/Movie nerd but I had to change that and now I have been finding myself following podcasts. Honestly there is some fantastic stuff out there.

Any recommendations for true crime, languages, history etc...

I have been following most of the Earwolf stuff Comedy bang bang, Teachers Lounge, Andy Daly, Spontanation, how did this get made.

All day, every day... Never listen to music in the vehicle anymore. Even at work sometimes. I run 5 days/week and listen then too

Bill Burr
Adam Carolla
Ben Greenfield (sometimes... dude is a little crazy... lol)
Car Talk (So awesome, listened to these guys when I was a kid with my dad)
Crimetown (Season 1)
Dan Carlin
Fantasy Footballers - Their daily show during football season is great if you enjoy Fantasy Football
Radolab
Dan Patrick Show - I listen this one more than all the others... 3 hours everyday
Serial Killer Podcast - This guy is doing this one his own. It's pretty good
WAN Show - Tech news
We're Alive - Pretty good Zombie drama. I've listened to it twice.
WTF with Marc Maron

and a few other Fitness Podcasts

Rogan’s, and not so much podcasts, but Shapiro, Dave Ruben.

Bisping’s is growing on me, but those dudes neeed to tone down the language. Can’t listen to it at work because of the constant F-bombs from Luis.

Get one of these...

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-He...?ie=UTF8&qid=1544799404&sr=8-1&keywords=SX991

Fits under my collar and I'm able to listen to stuff at work. Works great. Also good for making phone calls when driving.

I've been listening to Dave Ruben a little bit lately.

I listened to a few teachers lounges and the Andy Daly stuff on cbb. I like Andy Daly but haven't vibed with his podcast yet.

Kinda bummed that spont will end soon but PFT will move on to something great!
Some of the characters aren’t as good as others but the don dimello, August Lindt, and L Ron Hubbard episodes had me in tears. I think he characters are better as features but with a good cast of other comedians it can be great. Dimello with mantzoukas and L Ron, August Lindt with PFT
Teachers lounge grew on me and the OJ white bronco stuff had me cracking up for days.

What about the magic tavern?

Some of the characters aren’t as good as others but the don dimello, August Lindt, and L Ron Hubbard episodes had me in tears. I think he characters are better as features but with a good cast of other comedians it can be great. Dimello with mantzoukas and L Ron, August Lindt with PFT
Teachers lounge grew on me and the OJ white bronco stuff had me cracking up for days.

What about the magic tavern?
I've listened to 1 or 2 magic taverns, I could get into that I think. Every once n a while I branch out but I've only so much time for podcasts and my big 3 fill the void well, cbb spont and the dtfh.

I like Lauren lapkis (sp) so maybe ill give her stuff more of a listen and I really liked the r u talking rem re me, not because I particularly like rem but cause Adam and Scott have great chemistry plus their knowledge and Interest in the music comes through.

Edit: the cbb "best of"'s should be coming soon, those are the best!

been mentioned a few times, but Last Podcast on the Left is amazing. It's like if Coast2Coast AM was hosted by comedians, and the research they do is unreal. I also dig some pro wrestling ones, 83 Weeks with Erick Bischoff as well as What Happened When with Tony Schiavone and Something to Wrestle with Bruch Prichard. For movies/comic books/games I like Jittery Monkey's Nerds United, and for Cornhuskers i like 5 Heart...there's a few others but those take up most of my listening time.

My Favorite Murder is pretty interesting. Not so much because of the two hosts, but because of all the crazy murders they get into that I've never heard of.

I love listening to people discuss serial killers for some reason.

I've tried a few times to listen to these twits, and I just can't do it, I have friends that love them ,but every time i listen to it its like that skit "The Californians" on SNL and I cant do it "oh my god last week I was on the 405 and took that down to the 121 and went all the way to alemeeeda, and then...." ugh...It's like The Californians reading cliffs notes to LPotL's best shows lol...if you like serial killer ones, check out Last Podcasts heavy hitters, they do all the biggies, Gein, Bundy, Dahmer, and a ton of others...and Henry Zebrowski does imitations of them that are hilarious.

I've listened to 1 or 2 magic taverns, I could get into that I think. Every once n a while I branch out but I've only so much time for podcasts and my big 3 fill the void well, cbb spont and the dtfh.

I like Lauren lapkis (sp) so maybe ill give her stuff more of a listen and I really liked the r u talking rem re me, not because I particularly like rem but cause Adam and Scott have great chemistry plus their knowledge and Interest in the music comes through.

Edit: the cbb "best of"'s should be coming soon, those are the best!
What do you think should be the best for this year?
I might be leaning towards the Hopox brothers, that or middleditch and Sanz.

What do you think should be the best for this year?
I might be leaning towards the Hopox brothers, that or middleditch and Sanz.
i've listened to every one but can't remember them specifically. I do remember a few stood out though and when i was listening to them i thought this should be in the best of's... wish i could remember which ones... schwartz and middleditch are gold. I like the interplay with paul rust too and if there was a
"monster fuck" episode this year with Leo Karpatze (Nick Wiger) thats probably my pick for the best!

Last edited:
Back