Anybody else think that Laquinta's strike game is on point and he can go with Conor?

The dude was getting jabbed by the same hand over and over again by Khabib. Literally Khabib would jab his face 3 times consecutively within a 3 second time span and Al couldn't move his head.

He definitely was not a boxer.

And don't discredit Alvarez and Aldo for their heart and chin. Both guys in their day had chins and massive heart, especially Aldo.
Actually, Al was a wrestler and a boxer growing up.
Khabib jabbed his face nonstop because Al was seriously focused on staying on his feet. Watch any other fight. Hes got great hands and head movement. Always has.

Ive been a huge Iaquinta fan since he went rampage on that hotel room years ago, but honestly, Conor destroys him. Conor would KO Iaquinta in the first 2 rounds with counter strikes. Iaquintas chances get much better if he can survive until the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds without sustaining too much damage.

So Conor loses a fight and now his shit, can’t do shit, and has always been shit?

Who says mma fans are fickle little beasts.

I think people believe Conor has lost the eye of the tiger, which could be true.

I don't think the Khabib fight was proof of that. We need to see Conor fight someone who isn't the best LW in the world to get a better idea of where he stands. There are some great fights to be made for Conor, let's see which one he takes.

Al s striking is pretty good. I also liked Weidmans striking in the Jacare fight. With that said Im not that impressed with Kevin Lees striking though. Not a fan from wha Ive seen from hes coach D Cooper.

The dude was getting jabbed by the same hand over and over again by Khabib. Literally Khabib would jab his face 3 times consecutively within a 3 second time span and Al couldn't move his head.

And don't discredit Alvarez and Aldo for their heart and chin. Both guys in their day had chins and massive heart, especially Aldo.

Conor almost got KO'd by Khabib in Conor's best round.

I think people believe Conor has lost the eye of the tiger, which could be true.

I don't think the Khabib fight was proof of that. We need to see Conor fight someone who isn't the best LW in the world to get a better idea of where he stands. There are some great fights to be made for Conor, let's see which one he takes.

Agreed.

I’d like to see Conor fight khabib again, but rocky 3 style where someone takes him out of comfort zone and trains him properly and he trains properly.

Agreed.

I’d like to see Conor fight khabib again, but rocky 3 style where someone takes him out of comfort zone and trains him properly and he trains properly.

I think that would be a catastrophic mistake.

I'm not saying Conor couldn't win that fight, but I do think it's extremely unlikely, and another loss like that would crush his confidence. Just like the first time Conor could land and finish, but most likely he gets taken down and punished again. What's worse is in a second fight he probably worries about the striking more and gets taken down more easily, which is incredibly ironic.

I don't like Conor but if he's going to fight I want to see him against someone who wasn't designed in a lab to destroy him.

Conor talked a lot of smack about Al. That's a fight I'd like to see, and I'd even consider Conor the favorite to win.

I think it's enough to win. For one, Al will be presenting the TD threat. Sure, it wasn't enough to phase top level grapplers, but it's enough for Conor. Al is a legit wrestler who has hands, cardio, and grit. Conor doesn't want that smoke.

I'm just going based off of what Kavanagh said. You know, you would assume his own head coach would know more than a few people on an MMA forum right?

4 fights in one year:

Final product

xpwN5Bf.gif

bTBuWWC.gif

MxyNUf2.gif

FslE-q.gif

conor-cross-into-lead-uppercut-cross.gif

But yeah, it's delusional to make an observation. He was much cleaner and quicker at UFC 205 + Khabib was just way better on the night

The same coach has also hinted he is on his way down.

He was great at 145. Nobody can deny that, but I have a feeling he will finish 155 with a losing record in the UFC.

He is durable and a nightmare match up for Conor.

I rather see the potentially more entertaining Conor-Barboza fight. But Iaquinta proved his worth....the LW division is the best right now.

Jesus Christ when did Al get so overrated around here??? It’s like khabob fans have to justify his wins so overrated his opponents . Al is okay but nothing top tier. Kevin lee being #4 at lw is like derick Lewis being #4 at hw. Shit I think Klose beats Al, Connie would have a field day…my lord settle down sherdog
Lightweight is nothing like heavyweight. Derrick Lewis has nothing other than nasty power. Kevin Lee has nasty wrestling, savage ground and pound, and underrated submissions on top of developing stand-up. He had an off night, but he's still one of the best.

Lol Al Iaquinta is a punching bag, even Lee busted him bad, Conor would have a field day with him.

I think Al would do what Khabib did - Take McG down early and make him grapple. McG's arms fill with blood and he becomes non-threatening on the feet for the remainder of the fight.

Ok and Khabib beat Conor on the feet as well whats your point?

Lee > Conor

Therefore

Al >> Conor

Or

Real estate > plumbing

Aldo and Alvarez were great in their division or Bellator (washed up rejects).

We are talking about UFC and LW division. Why do you think somebody like Dustin, Nate or Nick Diaz are here and Alvarez is with Asians fighting fixed fights?

Please tell me you just started watching this shit recently. Otherwise I'd be concerned for your mental health because that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen here

It would be a complete encore of the Alvarez fight - Inferior striker gets countered over and over again by McGregor's laser precision and has to resort to a few desperate takedown attempts that are all easily stuffed as well. The damage adds up before the end of round 2 and he gets finished.

There's nothing about Al's skill set to make you think it would go any other way.

Same as Lee fight. 3 rounds Conor wins. 5 rounds Al wins. Conor's comeback fight needs to be 3 rounds. I really have no faith left in Conor but If he got up for it he could easily beat Al in a 3 round fight. I think the magic is gone and the man is done. I think he burned some bridges with WME and Dana, and he's not even in contact with his coach and has no legit training partners. But 3 rounds Iaquinta doesn't have the striking or the wrestling to beat Conor.

EDIT: Actually maybe he does beat Conor in 3. Shit, he probably does. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Last edited:
Al is a big guy who could very possibly bully Conor and overwhelm him. Conor is far more polished technically, but Al is a much bigger, and stronger guy.

Back