Anybody else think that Laquinta's strike game is on point and he can go with Conor?

Post ring rust Conor will be sharper, cleaner, and quicker.

When he's on point, Con doesn't get hit often. Conor takes this one
Ring rust only works when your injured. Conor been healthy the past 2 years he even took a boxing fight a year ago. "Stay ready so you don't have to get ready" that's Conor right there..

I'm just going based off of what Kavanagh said. You know, you would assume his own head coach would know more than a few people on an MMA forum right?

4 fights in one year:

Final product

xpwN5Bf.gif

bTBuWWC.gif

MxyNUf2.gif

FslE-q.gif

conor-cross-into-lead-uppercut-cross.gif

But yeah, it's delusional to make an observation. He was much cleaner and quicker at UFC 205 + Khabib was just way better on the night

You're seriously trying to use eddie's punch drunk ass to highlight conner's striking? The underground queen got his ass kicked vs any competent striker he faced, and only found success by guys who engaged him in a brawl. He had no answers for cerrone past the first round, and got decimated by poirier twice.

I'm just going based off of what Kavanagh said. You know, you would assume his own head coach would know more than a few people on an MMA forum right?

4 fights in one year:

Final product

xpwN5Bf.gif

bTBuWWC.gif

MxyNUf2.gif

FslE-q.gif

conor-cross-into-lead-uppercut-cross.gif

But yeah, it's delusional to make an observation. He was much cleaner and quicker at UFC 205 + Khabib was just way better on the night
Well, he's fairly changed his tune. Before, the fight McGregor and his coaching team, were openly saying that he was in the best shape of his fighting career, and that he had a perfect camp..

Well, he's fairly changed his tune. Before, the fight McGregor and his coaching team, were openly saying that he was in the best shape of his fighting career, and that he had a perfect camp..

I think Kavanagh knew Conor was going to get whooped. Before the fight, he gave no predictions at all. Owen Roddy stated that Khabib would be Conor's toughest test of his career, and Artem being Artem said 1st round KO.

This was the clip where I realized Conor was fucked Lol

Even when he was raging, Lee threw a shot and Al just ducked his head. In Khabib fight he was also ducking nicely

Was he a boxer or something? Dude is actually very very good and technical. Unlike little guys like Aldo and Alvarez, Al got chin and heart and can give Conor a nice shooting match. Both of them are not great at TD and do not attempt them and have good leg strikes

Mark my words Dana will book this fight. This will be the Conor vs Nate in LW, and maybe better coz Nate is a dirty fighter and Al was on point all 5 rounds

Plus Al deserves few millions payday, he fought the best and got beaten by Khabib
Iaquinta vs Ferguson would be the fight to make. I legit think Iaquinta belongs up there with Ferg, Khabib and Conor.

The dude was getting jabbed by the same hand over and over again by Khabib. Literally Khabib would jab his face 3 times consecutively within a 3 second time span and Al couldn't move his head.

He definitely was not a boxer.

And don't discredit Alvarez and Aldo for their heart and chin. Both guys in their day had chins and massive heart, especially Aldo.
True he did take a few jabs by khabib.. if conor fought him he wouldn't get touched.... Oh wait

1Ru13ay.gif

So Conor loses a fight and now his shit, can’t do shit, and has always been shit?

Who says mma fans are fickle little beasts.

. He was much cleaner and quicker at UFC 205 + Khabib was just way better on the night

This is some kind of weird idealization. Conor looked so good in that fight because Alvarez played directly into his hands, and it was a masterful performance by him. If Khabib fought like Eddie had we would have seen a repeat at UFC 229. It's not about conors skillset diminishing, it was about the clash of different styles and how it affected the trajectory of the bout.

Conor would never take that fight, he knows it.

Conor would never fight Iaquinta. Could you imagine if he was beaten by a real estate agent? His image would take a big hit.

He can go with Conor but if he doesn't mix in his wrestling Conor wins IMO

Jesus Christ when did Al get so overrated around here??? It’s like khabob fans have to justify his wins so overrated his opponents . Al is okay but nothing top tier. Kevin lee being #4 at lw is like derick Lewis being #4 at hw. Shit I think Klose beats Al, Connie would have a field day…my lord settle down sherdog

Not enough power or precision.
Conor would slice and dice him six ways from Sunday.

I don't really care for Conor and I especially don't care for his fans. That said I think Conor would handle Al without too much trouble. Al has good footwork and it won his this fight, but Conor's is better. He sets better traps, hes got great TDD, and he hits on angles that knock people out. I think Al would be +400 in that fight and rightly so.

Strike game

Jesus Christ when did Al get so overrated around here??? It’s like khabob fans have to justify his wins so overrated his opponents . Al is okay but nothing top tier. Kevin lee being #4 at lw is like derick Lewis being #4 at hw. Shit I think Klose beats Al, Connie would have a field day…my lord settle down sherdog

lol this place has gotten more ridiculous than ever as of late. "You're only as good as your last fight" * 100 these days. Lee and Ortega are now bums, and Iaquinta KO's Conor.

This is some kind of weird idealization. Conor looked so good in that fight because Alvarez played directly into his hands, and it was a masterful performance by him. If Khabib fought like Eddie had we would have seen a repeat at UFC 229. It's not about conors skillset diminishing, it was about the clash of different styles and how it affected the trajectory of the bout.

Never said his skill set diminished. It was just obvious that he was not as sharp, clean, or fast as he was when he was active.

He's a great fighter but 155 is a shark tank

It is, and I have expected Conor to lose every fight he has ever had.

I am still of the view that “half a game plan” Eddie would beat him and should have beat him.

Nevertheless, Conor has proven on many occasions that he belongs at the top, whether I like it or not.

Nah he has the same flaw as Edward where he has all his weight on his front foot for a reach advantage. He leans too much although he has a pull counter. Mcgregor's monkey arms will hit him very easily.

Back