Anybody else think that Diaz brothers really just doing it for $$$?

Lift2live

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Comparing to other fighters who still kind of care of competition and belts, legacy etc. I know they still care about money but I think Diaz brothers, esp Nick are really just for the money. And he is not even that good

He goes away. Spends money. Comes back after a wait and fights GSP. Then does the same and comes back to fight Anderson Silva

Now he is wanting GSP rematch etc

Thing is, if he was good and at least gave some challenge to GSP or Silva-ok. But dude was just beaten up, played around and got paid

Any fighter could do that. He had nothing to offer vs GSP or Silva. Is that fair that this junkie gets $$$ big money fighting big fighters when he does not put up any challenge?

Hope UFC cuts them both. They seem to be truly there for $$$ and wanna fight big names after spending years in hiatus

I saw his fight other day vs GSP and I was like -Who even thought that he was some big match up for GSP?

'Prizefighter', look it up... they're all in it for the money.

Last edited:
They're all in it for money. Not one fighter would be in the UFC if it wasn't for money..

Diaz bros don't ennjoy hurting other humans .That is a PLUS.

But they still will do it for the money. HMM, conflicted thoughts lol.

They say they don't like fighting a lot

Everyone does it for the money. Their thing is that they might be wasting the prime of their careers as they sit on the sidelines.

'Prizefighter', look it up... they're all in it for the money.
Yeah . but if you read me correct-He sits for years not fighting and then comes and fights GSP. That GSP fight was after he was away for long

Then he comes, does not even fight. Did he even hit GSP with any sig strikes? 5 rounds? He just stood there and got paid

Other fighters put health on the line

Dont talk smart to me man. Tell me Tony vs Pettis, Conor vs Khabib, Dustin vs Justin, Mj vs Khabib etc were not beaten and trained hard for fights. Not just $$$

Diaz offered nothing to GSP. he just got beaten up like some C class fighter and got paid
How is that fair?

Comparing to other fighters who still kind of care of competition and belts, legacy etc. I know they still care about money but I think Diaz brothers, esp Nick are really just for the money. And he is not even that good

He goes away. Spends money. Comes back after a wait and fights GSP. Then does the same and comes back to fight Anderson Silva

Thing is, if he was good and at least gave some challenge to GSP or Silva-ok. But dude was just beaten up, played around and got paid

Any fighter could do that. He had nothing to offer vs GSP or Silva. Is that fair that this junkie gets $$$ big money fighting big fighters when he does not put up any challenge?

Hope UFC cuts them both. They seem to be truly there for $$$ and wanna fight big names after spending years in hiatus

I saw his fight other day vs GSP and I was like -Who even thought that he was some big match up for GSP?

1. When you grow up, you'll realize the value of money in your life.
2. When you stay MMA fan for longer than 2 months, you'll understand real value of Diaz brothers.

Everyone does it for the money. Their thing is that they might be wasting the prime of their careers as they sit on the sidelines.
What prime? Nich Diaz is a C class fighter who has almost no sig wins. Just things here and there

I was coming from competition point of view. If he put up a good fight vs GSP/Silva-then ok. Get paid and go smoke weed

But dude had 0 Sig strikes vs GSP. pretty much anybody from Top 15 can do that, get beaten by GSP and get paid

Why was he there? Hype?

What prime? Nich Diaz is a C class fighter who has almost no sig wins. Just things here and there

OK, from here now ANYTHING you say is irrelevant.
You're completely clueless. Get back to us when you actually watch MMA for more than a month.

/thread.

I was coming from competition point of view. If he put up a good fight vs GSP/Silva-then ok. Get paid and go smoke weed

But dude had 0 Sig strikes vs GSP. pretty much anybody from Top 15 can do that, get beaten by GSP and get paid

Why was he there? Hype?

ThornyDisastrousIndianabat-max-1mb.gif

Yeah . but if you read me correct-He sits for years not fighting and then comes and fights GSP. That GSP fight was after he was away for long

Then he comes, does not even fight. Did he even hit GSP with any sig strikes? 5 rounds? He just stood there and got paid

Dont talk smart to me man. Tell me Tony vs Pettis, Conor vs Khabib, Dustin vs Justin, Mj vs Khabib etc were not beaten and trained hard for fights. Not just $$$

Diaz offered nothing to GSP. he just got beaten up like some C class fighter and got paid
How is that fair?
Fuck you, Diaz warned everyone...

They’ve openly admitted they don’t like fighting. They’re prize fighters who don’t lead flashy lifestyles. If Nate could fight Conor every 5 years he’d probably do that and fight no one else (mma wise) for the rest of his life. Nick has other investments. I’m sure secretly Nate hopes Conor stays popular forever, lol.

They aren’t hurting but they’re opportunists. Their opponents represent a check. GSP, Conor, who ever is most popular.

Why was he there? Hype?
He started fighting when fighting didn't pay much at all. Those two brothers also don't have sponsors albeit it is mainly on their part that they are terrible candidates for a major sponsor. It is true he is winless for several years but you have to look at the big picture. He came up short for the Condit fight and fought GSP for the title next. His next fight was moving up a weightclass against Anderson who was making his comeback.
C ranked fighter is a bit harsh but maybe a fighter who is tough if you try to "fight" him but easy to win against if you have a gameplan.

They’ve openly admitted they don’t like fighting. They’re prize fighters who don’t lead flashy lifestyles. If Nate could fight Conor every 5 years he’d probably do that and fight no one else (mma wise) for the rest of his life. Nick has other investments. I’m sure secretly Nate hopes Conor stays popular forever, lol.

They aren’t hurting but they’re opportunists. Their opponents represent a check. GSP, Conor, who ever is most popular.
Lol at investments. He just learned how to pay his taxes.

Only just worked that out?

Yeah. I never watched GSP fights much. So I went through the whole library and saw Diaz fight. The hype was as if Diaz was Conor but the skillset was that of Lobov. I think he hit George with 1 or 2 strikes and thats about it

Im not a big fan of the current Diaz bros status quo but you are going off the deepend here man.
C class fighter with no sig wins?
Zero sig strikes vs GSP?

Allow me to help you out:
Vs GSP:
Diaz was outclassed by GSP in almost all areas but to say he didnt land any punches is crazy. He landed 99 strikes, 19 of them considered sig strikes. That doesnt sound great but the Diazes are famous for punches in bunches not power strikes. Again, yes he was outclassed but give credit where its due.
http://m.espn.com/extra/mma/fightstatistics?fightId=171430&src=desktop

No sig wins?how new are you?
Nick Diaz has been fighting forever. His first huge win was his KO of Lawler. The reason for that is that Lawler was a young power puncher with 6 out 8 wins by KO/TKO. Everyone thought Diazs only chance was his Ju Jitsu and he came in and out boxed lawler. After that he won some,lossed some but eventually left the UFC. After a few ups and downs he went on a 11 fight win streak that included Frank Shamrock, K.J. Noons,Evangelista Santos, Paul Daley and ended with his return to the UFC by beating B.J. Penn.
Then he lost a boring decision win to Condit and was suspended for weed.
Upon his return he was lined up for the GSP fight.
So to answer your question, why did he get to fight GSP? Because he was beating everyone else and just lost for the interim belt.
Since the GSP fight he has become a prima donna but before that he was a pretty regular fighter, averaging 2-3 fights a year until he got suspended for weed.

I get the hate. The Diaz bros are a bunch of bullshit these days but to shit on Nate like hes some chump that didnt deserve his opportunities just shows your immaturity or lack of knowledge about mma.

How is that fair?

Why was he there? Hype?

The Diaz brothers have never made a secret of it, where have you been? Neither really enjoys fighting, they're just good at it.

Back