Anybody else sick of all this faux trash talking and aggressive face offs?

No he turned it into a fucking cartoon by going full ham...and exposing the large group of idiots who like that shit.

Go watch the Ali vs Liston weigh in and tell me Conor is full ham.

In '63 Paret called Griffith "maricon" because Griffith was bisexual. Griffith beat Paret to death in the ring continuing to hit him while he was unconscious against the ropes until the ref stepped in.

That's full ham. Conor talks a little smack, he's just better than most at it.

Go watch the Ali vs Liston weigh in and tell me Conor is full ham.

In '63 Paret called Griffith "maricon" because Griffith was bisexual. Griffith beat Paret to death in the ring continuing to hit him while he was unconscious against the ropes until the ref stepped in.

That's full ham. Conor talks a little smack, he's just better than most at it.

Conor with the sunglasses indoors, showing up late for pressers...being a physically small guy who "wings" himself out...wears the cartoon wardrobe and walks like vince macmahan

oh and he repeats the same 3-4 line catch phrases as loud as possible.

yeah...cartoon.

I don't follow cartoons and I outgrew the WWE.

Who exactly are you trying to blame here? You dick weeds are the ones that create a positive response to these things. People throwing chairs = PPV buys.

It's like when one dumbass does something retarded on Youtube and it gets popular and now all the dumbasses are trying to do it

Not comparable to WWE/Conor like manufactured tripe. Ali completely turned on Frazier after Joe had lent him money and testified to Congress to reinstate Ali after his refusal to go to war. Part showmanship/part Civil Right Crusader/part pride hurt a$$hole -Ali went on to call Joe a 'White man's hero' and 'Uncle Tom' to the point Frazier needed 24 hour police protection and kids getting beat up at school.

Thats way beyond these pedantic "your a bitch! No YOUR the bitch bitch" nonsense we see today. Worlds apart.

I'm a big fan of the professionalism associated with a good ole fashioned handshake + staredown. This WWE-type shit is embarrassing and just one step closer to just all out scripted fights.

Before McGregor, nine times out of ten, face offs and press conferences were just that. Some got hostile, but most of were peaceful.

Post McGregor, everybody is trying to copy his thing and create buzz by making a spectacle of themselves.

All of this trash talking is artificial and insincere and stale and boring.
WE WANT REAL FACEOFFS!!

Don stare.gif

Yeah I'm sick of it . Seems forced . If it's natural animosity , cool. But it seems so fake and scripted . I like good drama in the build up to a big fight like anyone else . But most of the time a good fight sells itself to a REAL fight fan .

No. I'd rather see fighters try and hype the fight up (even if its cringey), than the same old boring shit.

Don't you get it?

Its the same old boring shit again, just in a different format.

Nobody's trying to be themselves, they're just forcing trash talk.

I don't watch MMA to see animosity, I personally couldn't give a shit. I just want to see the best fighters in the world fight the best fighters in the world.

I could do without the press conferences altogether.

Yeah I'm sick of it . Seems forced . If it's natural animosity , cool. But it seems so fake and scripted . I like good drama in the build up to a big fight like anyone else . But most of the time a good fight sells itself to a REAL fight fan .
Totally. So true.

These guys literally hated each other -or at least they hated Ali.

"Truth is, I'd like to rumble with that sucker again -- beat him up piece by piece and mail him back to Jesus. ... Now people ask me if I feel bad for him, now that things aren't going so well for him. Nope. I don't. Fact is, I don't give a damn. They want me to love him, but I'll open up the graveyard and bury his ass when the Lord chooses to take him." ~Joe Frazier in Old Age

See this shit was real bad blood and THAT is interesting to watch play out. Manufactured fake WWE shit is pathetic and you guys who need it to make it 'less boring' need to stop eating so much soy. Shits for girls.
Yeah it's especially awful how Ali vilianized Joe as an Uncle Tom sell out when it was furtherst from the truth. Joe actually helped Ali when while he was down in his life. Ali seems like born thay nice of person judging from how he treated people who were kind to him.

It's what you folks wanted, don't cry about it now. Eat your cake.

In that gif, we witness Dana getting his ass kicked by a chair. That's why he started juicing....fear of chairs.
Wow, I never realized that was Dana. He looks like a security guard to an office building. Hella skinny and a little hair.

Indeed. What I want to see is real strife which makes sense, not cringey groundless mental-disorder-like show.

Before McGregor, nine times out of ten, face offs and press conferences were just that. Some got hostile, but most of were peaceful.

Post McGregor, everybody is trying to copy his thing and create buzz by making a spectacle of themselves.

All of this trash talking is artificial and insincere and stale and boring.
annoying as fuck i hate that shit..i respect if its real but you can see right through this act...u have to be like that from day one...thats why i love the diaz bros.. they are the originals..and conor too..even though he came in the game late he was that way from day one...gotta respect that...but all this other shit is gay..that last UFC summer bullshit press conference was SO CRINGY OMG...i hope they can get their act together..

Back