Anybody else sick of all this faux trash talking and aggressive face offs?

The summer kickoff was just so horrible. It had WME shite spread all over it. Looked like they had been given lines to say to one another. I actually felt a bit sick listening to Nunes and Shevchenko.

Time Stamped

Nunes actually looked relieved when it was over to her credit. If it doesn't come naturally then they shouldn't have to say anything about their opponent.

I don't mind trash talk when it's genuine like after Bisping beat Rockhold who was then ultra salty at the post fight presser. That was funny and that was genuine distaste they had for one another.

But this pre-planned stuff is just horrible. WME is horrble.

Last edited:
I like it. Makes the fight more interesting with some beef.

it's so new.

article-2059249-00D2A6A300000190-122_468x374.jpg

I blame commission. Just suspend for a year a fighter who throws first punch or shove regardless of the gate/ ppv buys and we will see none of it
The commission needs to suspend/fine anyone guilty/suspected of fake trash talk.

it's so new.

article-2059249-00D2A6A300000190-122_468x374.jpg

These guys literally hated each other -or at least they hated Ali.

"Truth is, I'd like to rumble with that sucker again -- beat him up piece by piece and mail him back to Jesus. ... Now people ask me if I feel bad for him, now that things aren't going so well for him. Nope. I don't. Fact is, I don't give a damn. They want me to love him, but I'll open up the graveyard and bury his ass when the Lord chooses to take him." ~Joe Frazier in Old Age

See this shit was real bad blood and THAT is interesting to watch play out. Manufactured fake WWE shit is pathetic and you guys who need it to make it 'less boring' need to stop eating so much soy. Shits for girls.

Doesn't bother me at all.

It has zero bearing on my life.

MMA fighters turning themselves in to "dude bro alphas" is just feeding an old stereotype and bringing the sport back.

No. I'd rather see fighters try and hype the fight up (even if its cringey), than the same old boring shit.
@Kung Fu Tze lol why did you like both of the first two posts, they're the opposite of each other!

These guys literally hated each other -or at least they hated Ali.

"Truth is, I'd like to rumble with that sucker again -- beat him up piece by piece and mail him back to Jesus. ... Now people ask me if I feel bad for him, now that things aren't going so well for him. Nope. I don't. Fact is, I don't give a damn. They want me to love him, but I'll open up the graveyard and bury his ass when the Lord chooses to take him." ~Joe Frazier in Old Age

See this shit was real bad blood and THAT is interesting to watch play out. Manufactured fake WWE shit is pathetic and you guys who need it to make it 'less boring' need to stop eating so much soy. Shits for girls.
that was all manufactured by ali. yes frazer grew to hate him but make no mistake that was manufactured just the same.

that was all manufactured by ali. yes frazer grew to hate him but make no mistake that was manufactured just the same.

Not comparable to WWE/Conor like manufactured tripe. Ali completely turned on Frazier after Joe had lent him money and testified to Congress to reinstate Ali after his refusal to go to war. Part showmanship/part Civil Right Crusader/part pride hurt a$$hole -Ali went on to call Joe a 'White man's hero' and 'Uncle Tom' to the point Frazier needed 24 hour police protection and kids getting beat up at school.

Thats way beyond these pedantic "your a bitch! No YOUR the bitch bitch" nonsense we see today. Worlds apart.

Before McGregor, nine times out of ten, face offs and press conferences were just that. Some got hostile, but most of were peaceful.

Post McGregor, everybody is trying to copy his thing and create buzz by making a spectacle of themselves.

All of this trash talking is artificial and insincere and stale and boring.
Agreed. Everyone wants to be like Conor...but they aren't even close. Maia stayed true to himself.

Why don't people understand that they don't HAVE to watch this stuff?

Before McGregor, nine times out of ten, face offs and press conferences were just that. Some got hostile, but most of were peaceful.

Post McGregor, everybody is trying to copy his thing and create buzz by making a spectacle of themselves.

sometimes its genuine, i got no problem with that , its the nature of the business.
the rest is monkey see monkey do

I also hate it. Cheapens the sport. I refuse to watch face-offs and Weigh ins and pre-fight hype for this reason precisely . I want to see the fight . Sometimes I will watch a post fight analysis or press conference . The hype before hand really means nothing in regards to who is actually more skilled and most likely to win. I also hate that it appeals to the lowest common denominator among us .

you are just noticing this side effect now?

they best part is when champs don't defend their titles...

the female champs have more balls now then the males.

Does nothing for me.
Never did.

I guess it works though, and I'm just in the minority.

McGregor didn't invent this, and it's not new. At most he made it popular again.

Ali was doing this shit in the 60s, and he didn't invent it either. He picked it up from a radio interview with a wrestler named Gorgeous George.

No he turned it into a fucking cartoon by going full ham...and exposing the large group of idiots who like that shit.

Back