Anybody else probably going to skip the PPV tonight for college football?

Beng serious. I respect those who like the card but every MMA fan has different fights that interest them. I'm not going to pay to see a lightweight title fight and to HW has been fight each other. Besides the UFC's final four PPV cards of 2013 are going to be epic and I'd rather save my money to buy all of them.

stopped reading right there, must be trolling.

Definitely watching UG vs Clem and the MH vs TCU. (Saban probably didn't enjoy that read option just now, TS.)

I'd be more on the fence bevause I'm a big Benson fan, but I felt burned after that last PPV. I doubt I buy another one until Cain's.

And look at Sherdog shitting on college ball. What sack-carrying American man hates college football? Dame.

If Ohio State didn't play the morning game I would. My cousin plays for TCU, so i'll be watching some TCU/LSU, but i'll still watch the PPV at the bar tonight. Wouldn't miss Ohio State for anything though. College football > NFL

Definitely watching UG vs Clem and the MH vs TCU. (Saban probably didn't enjoy that read option just now, TS.)

I'd be more on the fence bevause I'm a big Benson fan, but I felt burned after that last PPV. I doubt I buy another one until Cain's.

And look at Sherdog shitting on college ball. What sack-carrying American man hates college football? Dame.

Amen brotha!

just stopping by to say Manziel is a boss

original.gif

views? NCAA football gets a lot of them.

Americas sports/music/movies are worth more money then most countries are worth lol

would like to respond, but i don't really grasp the point you are making. sorry

They need to work out some sort of salary for college football players.

agree, to someone looking from the outside in it boggles my mind that the guys risking their health are getting squat. yes i know they getting a college education (for what that is worth to them)

for people in the know, what happens to a prospect like Clowney (i think his name is) if he gets a career ending injury when right now everybody thinks he is good enough to be in the NFL.

They are no doubt all on scholarships and getting free college education. Some of these schools are elite institutions that other kids go $100k+ in debt to attend. They are also given a platform of national fame and the potential to win a career in the pro leagues. Sure it's not millions of dollars a year, but it is a pretty damn good deal for a bunch of 20 year olds who don't really have much else to offer the world aside from their athletic gifts.

Yeah. Listen to people bitching about player pay and you'd think every D1 player was Johnny Football.

My buddy was a walk-on tight end at Marshall. He barely played and got a free education. For every Manziel and Cam Newton, there are a thousand nobodies getting free room, board, books, and tuition. Student debt iscrushing this country, and these guys skip this over.

But the autograph rule is pretty dumb...

They are no doubt all on scholarships and getting free college education. Some of these schools are elite institutions that other kids go $100k+ in debt to attend. They are also given a platform of national fame and the potential to win a career in the pro leagues. Sure it's not millions of dollars a year, but it is a pretty damn good deal for a bunch of 20 year olds who don't really have much else to offer the world aside from their athletic gifts.

i put this in another post, but i will ask you

for people in the know, what happens to a prospect like Clowney (i think his name is) if he gets a career ending injury when right now everybody thinks he is good enough to be in the NFL.

would like to respond, but i don't really grasp the point you are making. sorry

agree, to someone looking from the outside in it boggles my mind that the guys risking their health are getting squat. yes i know they getting a college education (for what that is worth to them)

just pointing out just how little MMA means compared to most entertainment and you loyal few MMA fans need to get over that.

I have one of those fancy computers where you can open TWO DIFFERENT tabs and you can, like, put on two different things, and then you can kinda watch both. It's pretty revolutionary...

:eek:

1. You're asking this on an MMA forum obviously the vast majority would prefer the fights.
2. I really like the card at least the main event
3. Most of the games tonight are going to be so ridiculously one sided anyway

Personally I'll be watching the fights but there are a few games I'd skip an event for

If it was pro I could see it, college football? set the dvr

Lold.

Anything else important you feel you want to share?

Yeah. Listen to people bitching about player pay and you'd think every D1 player was Johnny Football.

My buddy was a walk-on tight end at Marshall. He barely played and got a free education. For every Manziel and Cam Newton, there are a thousand nobodies getting free room, board, books, and tuition. Student debt iscrushing this country, and these guys skip this over.

so would the costs of education for all the Football players be anywhere near how much the colleges are making off college football?

70%..... 50%.... 20% what would be a close guess.

Wut?

Back