Anybody else probably going to skip the PPV tonight for college football?

Yeh. I like UFC a lot more than college football but this card is the first in awhile that has no fights that interest me enough to warrant me putting down the cash. I'd be surprised if this card gets 200,000 buys I'd be shocked if this gets 300,000.

please tell me this is a joke post or you are trolling.

Ohh and guys I'm pretty sure Dana would never admit it but I'm 99% the ufc takes a hit during football season, in terms of PPV buys and everything.

I assume this means American Football? Lol your going to miss an epic card like this for an College game of Gridiron... I am confused

You're from New Zealand, it's understandable to not get it.

College football is like a religion in the south and certain other places. Probably more popular than the NFL.

American football is a joke, what's the point of "Colleging" it?

free education? and those kids are the future of the NFL and the NFL is 50x larger then MMA.

NCAA football is bigger then the UFC. just because a few hundred sherdoggers think otherwise doesn't make it not true.

What a boring sport to watch. I shouldn't judge, but why anyone would watch football of any type over mma is beyond me.

People tried to tell me Id like it if I learned how it was played. I did, still no good, lol

Such short plays, great for those with short attention spans I guess.

Ohh and guys I'm pretty sure Dana would never admit it but I'm 99% the ufc takes a hit during football season, in terms of PPV buys and everything.

what is your prediction for the score? 50-10, 70-17.

I find it pretty funny how mad and serious y'all are taking this post hahaha. Some of y'all are delusional, you think the UFC is the biggest sport in the world. Don't get me wrong i absolutely love UFC, but football is a distant # 1 for me

Shitty card. Probably will have a game on, with little interest.

College football is like a religion in the south and certain other places. Probably more popular than the NFL.

what i don't get is how student athletes (said in cartmans voice) get paid nothing yet TV contracts are in billions. to me this is just madness.

Negative. I don't follow college football or the NFL so I'm not missing a thing.

No one that's an actual MMA fan will skip 164 for college football lol

nah i'll have games on mute on the 32" tv and the fights on the 50"

I guess I could likin it to our provincial rugby, we have a huge game on today but luckily for me its just after the ppv... but tbh I'd still easily watch the ppv. I suppose I can understand though... tis like religion to watch rugby games in some parts here too

i will mist certainly skip these shitty prelims for the UT games but than i will be catching ppv at 9:30 central.

Shitty card. Probably will have a game on, with little interest.

double-take.gif

do i want to watch 15 second bursts of mostly uneventful "action" interspersed with minute long breaks, or watch somebody get knocked unconscious.

easy choice.

You clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about...

I believe it's a 35 second play clock in college, 40 in the NFL.

Try playing the game with 50lbs. of pads on etc. for an hour at that rate and tell me what shape you need to be in.

MMA is superior to American football in the context of pure cardio, but don't assume most of those guys on the field aren't in amazing shape.

Essentially if you haven't played the shit your opinion is hardly worth hearing. "Uneventful action", lol, yeah it looks that way when you're a newb and only watch the ball ;-)

I have the utmost respect for mma as the ultimate combat/contact sport, but the moment I hear a statement like this I know someone has never played the game.

I never understood the popularity of watching college sports, and would you believe it, even high school sports.

Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of amateurs? I want to watch sports performed at the highest level and you only find that in the pro leagues.

Whatever, to each their own.

Back