Anybody else excited for the start of Bare Knuckle FC?

I personally like small glove fighting because of reasons addressed above ( your strategy changes defensively etc. )

I don't understand why they need to do bare knuckle instead of just 4oz gloves like JWP's caged muay thai. Give some degree of protection while still altering the sport a bit.

Bec Rawlings just won a Ko victory in r2 of bareknuckle boxing this weekend. In a post fight interview,she said it was just like MMA gloves. So then why do bareknuckle at all?

my two cents

Head kicks and elbows are probably more lethal than bare knuckle punches
yeah but i the volume of it before ref stop the fight that what worry me.
when we see head kick or elbow its like one big BANG ! then ref jump in.
but bare knuckle ? im worry it gonna be like Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang ! (is he out ?) alright ref jump in, shat that too late

yeah but i the volume of it before ref stop the fight that what worry me.
when we see head kick or elbow its like one big BANG ! then ref jump in.
but bare knuckle ? im worry it gonna be like Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang ! (is he out ?) alright ref jump in, shat that too late
If you're worried about volume, gloves are worse than bare knuckle

Seemed like a pretty cool show to me. Then again, I didn't pay for it, and it featured run of the mill former UFC fighters like Bec Fuck Rawlings and Ricco Suave Rodriguez. It needs better fighters to sign up for the pain to be worth the pay imho #johnson
Amanda-Nunes-Lion-Head-UFC-207-weigh-in.jpg

Seemed like a pretty cool show to me. Then again, I didn't pay for it, and it featured run of the mill former UFC fighters like Bec Fuck Rawlings and Ricco Suave Rodriguez. It needs better fighters to sign up for the pain to be worth the pay imho #johnson
Amanda-Nunes-Lion-Head-UFC-207-weigh-in.jpg
It's a gimmick filled with fighters that aren't good enough to compete at the higher levels in Boxing or MMA. They already did the bare knuckle shit in MMA when they went all old school Vale Tudo in Rio Heroes and even Wanderlei came out against it.

For me, a fight in a ring with two professionals that had trained for it is every bit as real as a fight as a barenuckle brawl in the streets.

This is not an equivalent comparison.

You should compare 2 pros in a ring vs 2 pros in the street.

Maybe we should not use the word “real” as it may cause people to perceive fighting in big gloves as less real.

I think we could use the word resemble the street fight without weapon 1 on 1 more closely. And yes, when you are experienced on the street, you can pick the fight when no weapon or other people involved.

Im not proud to be in several street fights because its pretty stupid. I admit that.
But bareknuckle street fighting certainly provokes a more primal sense of survival than sparring full force. I have not fight professionally, only amateur with shinguards so maybe im a bit biased.

I am stressing it again, I understand that fighting in the street is stupid. But when you live in a country where people dont really respect personal space and rights, its pretty easy ro get mad.

When I lived in Europe, not once.

The biggest downside of barehand fighting is that punching can get you STDs if you punch people with deseases in the mouths. Fists get cut really easily.

This is not an equivalent comparison.

You should compare 2 pros in a ring vs 2 pros in the street.

Maybe we should not use the word “real” as it may cause people to perceive fighting in big gloves as less real.

I think we could use the word resemble the street fight without weapon 1 on 1 more closely. And yes, when you are experienced on the street, you can pick the fight when no weapon or other people involved.

Im not proud to be in several street fights because its pretty stupid. I admit that.
But bareknuckle street fighting certainly provokes a more primal sense of survival than sparring full force. I have not fight professionally, only amateur with shinguards so maybe im a bit biased.

I am stressing it again, I understand that fighting in the street is stupid. But when you live in a country where people dont really respect personal space and rights, its pretty easy ro get mad.

When I lived in Europe, not once.
Well sparring full force is nothing like fighting for the first time

I personally like small glove fighting because of reasons addressed above ( your strategy changes defensively etc. )
Offensively it changes as well. Opponents cant hide behind big gloves a wall. Punches and elbows get inside much easily. Cant put too much weight onto punches or hands break.

Well sparring full force is nothing like fighting for the first time

How much?

My friends told me its only that getting hit makes you tired faster due to bare bones, a bit more adrenaline due to the crowd and fear of lost, etc.

Pain, not so much, shin on shin pain during the fight not so much, only after.

The killing intention of the opponent is the same.

No experience on getting hit by elbows though.

Offensively it changes as well. Opponents cant hide behind big gloves a wall. Punches and elbows get inside much easily. Cant put too much weight onto punches or hands break.

How much?

My friends told me its only that getting hit makes you tired faster due to bare bones, a bit more adrenaline due to the crowd and fear of lost, etc.

Pain, not so much, shin on shin pain during the fight not so much, only after.

The killing intention of the opponent is the same.

No experience on getting hit by elbows though.
Idk how to explain it, you'd have to experience it yourself.

No not really. I’ve always had a problem with mma being fought in a cage, always seemed like very low brow entertainment. Fighting bare fisted? If we’re stooping down to that level why pay to watch athletes fight in a ring when I can go to a dive bar and watch the same thing for free every night?

No not really. I’ve always had a problem with mma being fought in a cage, always seemed like very low brow entertainment. Fighting bare fisted? If we’re stooping down to that level why pay to watch athletes fight in a ring when I can go to a dive bar and watch the same thing for free every night?
There are no pre-fight odds on spontaneous dive bar fights like there were for Bare Knuckle FC bouts. I watched a stream of it and I was thoroughly entertained.

if there was a bar that had
a card of bar fights every night I would check it out.

A cage isn't really realistic either. I'd say most fights happen on the streets or in a bar.

I personally prefer the ring, because it makes it more difficult to just run away. It opens up for more complex strategies and you can kick and clinch freely. The mma gloves are cool because then fighters can't hide behind the gloves. I think bareknuckle is lame though. Fighters will be much more cautious when punching so that they don't get injured.

I think bareknuckle is lame though. Fighters will be much more cautious when punching so that they don't get injured.

In Lethwei it doesn't seem like they're more cautious punching.

In Lethwei it doesn't seem like they're more cautious punching.
They don't have as much to lose i guess. Can you imagine someone like Petrosyan letting his hands go bareknuckled

They don't have as much to lose i guess. Can you imagine someone like Petrosyan letting his hands go bareknuckled

Petrosyan breaks his hands closing a door though.

Back