Anybody else critical of their race etc because people will judge your whole people because of it?

GOATER

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I found myself, doing this twice today......1st some Mexican guy(Could've been some other latino but whatever lol) dropped some bread on the floor and put it back on the shelf....I didn't see but my dad saw and told me afterwards, I immediately thought that guy makes us look bad(I told my dad he should've said something but I understand why he didn't, it was quick thing and you don't know if people are hotheads and shit)......2nd I went to see overboard in Spanish today, right behind us, there was kids talking/standing and acting like kids, the parent didn't do shit.....Personally it didn't affect me but I knew that if some white people(Not saying all white people, Some white people) were there, they would be rustled beyond belief and they would hold it against Mexicans lol.

I was like "these people make us look bad, I know if any right wing white saw this, he will judge all Mexicans based on these idiots"....

I feel as a Minority, I know people will use 1 bad experience and judge us all because of it...This doesn't just go for white people, people in general tend to judge ASAP based on one experience.

So when I see a Mexican do something unacceptable, it offends me way more....I feel that it's just ammunition to use against me.....Also I don't do this to other races....If a White/black/asian/etc fucks up, I don't hold it against their whole people.

I know that I have nothing in common with the 2 persons I saw today, except I'm Mexican.....but that commonality, is enough for people to judge me based on something I never did.

So it got me thinking.........Do white people think this about their own white people? Do other minorities think like this?

I don't want to think like this, but sadly this is how America is at the moment because of how quickly they judge.

Maybe Im racist agaisnt Mexicans/myself ...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............Maybe the racist have won if I think like this?

I found myself, doing this twice today......1st some Mexican guy(Could've been some other latino but whatever lol) dropped some bread on the floor and put it back on the shelf....I didn't see but my dad saw and told me afterwards, I immediately thought that guy makes us look bad(I told my dad he should've said something but I understand why he didn't, it was quick thing and you don't know if people are hotheads and shit)......2nd I went to see overboard in Spanish today, right behind us, there was kids talking/standing and acting like kids, the parent didn't do shit.....Personally it didn't affect me but I knew that if some white people(Not saying all white people, Some white people) were there, they would be rustled beyond belief and they would hold it against Mexicans lol.

I was like "these people make us look bad, I know if any right wing white saw this, he will judge all Mexicans based on these idiots"....

I feel as a Minority, I know people will use 1 bad experience and judge us all because of it...This doesn't just go for white people, people in general tend to judge ASAP based on one experience.

So when I see a Mexican do something unacceptable, it offends me way more....I feel that it's just ammunition to use against me.....Also I don't do this to other races....If a White/black/asian/etc fucks up, I don't hold it against their whole people.

I know that I have nothing in common with the 2 persons I saw today, except I'm Mexican.....but that commonality, is enough for people to judge me based on something I never did.

So it got me thinking.........Do white people think this about their own white people? Do other minorities think like this?

I don't want to think like this, but sadly this is how America is at the moment because of how quickly they judge.

Maybe Im racist agaisnt Mexicans/myself ...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............Maybe the racist have won if I think like this?
you sound like an uncle tomas ;)

Sometimes I wish I had a race, but I'm so mixed up i can't love or hate anybody.
It's lonely.

you sound like an uncle tomas ;)
Im Mexican....not proud to be Mexican people tho...Im not proud to be American either.

But I do like being American/Mexican....and I accept it...just not proud of something that is 100% chance.

Im Mexican....not proud to be Mexican people tho...Im not proud to be American either.

But I do like being American/Mexican....and I accept it...just not proud of something that is 100% chance.
you have dual citizenship? its not chance tho bro. your parents chose to have children. that isnt a chance.

I am critical of the way my people treat animals, and some minorities in their country. My parents were very backwards but very stereotypical. Once I told them I had to go, and they just do right here in front of everyone.

I feel like us mixed race peoples have to put up with too much bs from the crybaby "pure races." Grow the fuck up!

people are individuals but we can make approximations based on race, gender, etc...

This is the real white privilege right here

I am critical of the way my people treat animals, and some minorities in their country. My parents were very backwards but very stereotypical. Once I told them I had to go, and they just do right here in front of everyone.
what are you bro? i gotta know lol

Not really anymore. Anybody who judges me based on race is going to have plenty of high-profile examples to choose from (both good and bad). Especially now. It's too easy to find support for either bias for me to worry about what individual white persons are doing and how others are judging them.

Every racial minority in the history of the world has felt insecure about their race.

It's possible for racial majorities to feel the same, particularly in the case of progressive white folks who care about the black community but struggle to relate or of white persons who grow up in minority communities, but it's pretty well a birthright to folks of color.

This is the real white privilege right here
I was wondering that...If I were white, I probably wouldn't think "Damn that white guy is making us whites look bad!!!" lolololol

A self hating liberal? You don't say!

You mean he's self-aware.

Granted, yes, that self-awareness and capacity for existential anxiety may well be the biggest predictor of being progressive. Generally, conservatives seem to be pretty damn self-unaware and uncritical.

I was wondering that...If I were white, I probably wouldn't think "Damn that white guy is making us whites look bad!!!" lolololol

I imagine that educated and intelligent white folks in red states like Alabama face some anxiety over how they are perceived due to the Roy Moore voters of the world.

Back