Any1 feel let down by Doom?

This ammo discussion is making me think about general gaming difficulty.
Usually the go to difficulty modifier for a game like this is just adjusting HP values. I think most would agree it is a pretty thoughtless way to make a game harder.

But looking at this ammo deal it seems like people understand that ammo is available but they don't want to take the steps to acquire it.
Is this a case of players not enjoying a forced difficulty mechanic or is it a case of players not enjoying a core element that is implemented well.

To me it is almost like saying 'I don't like that I have to aim at enemies, it would be much easier if they just died for me.'

Graphics were great but it got repetitive quick. Enter area kill everything....rinse repeat. I enjoyed it but GOTY? Not so much

Graphics were great but it got repetitive quick. Enter area kill everything....rinse repeat. I enjoyed it but GOTY? Not so much

have you never played a doom game?

Usually the go to difficulty modifier for a game like this is just adjusting HP values. I think most would agree it is a pretty thoughtless way to make a game harder.

But looking at this ammo deal it seems like people understand that ammo is available but they don't want to take the steps to acquire it.
Is this a case of players not enjoying a forced difficulty mechanic or is it a case of players not enjoying a core element that is implemented well.

To me it is almost like saying 'I don't like that I have to aim at enemies, it would be much easier if they just died for me.'
I have no idea what you just said

So you wanted Doom 3 instead of Doom 1&2?
giphy.gif

still my undisputed game of the year.

For anyone interested there's a really interesting documentary on Youtube that just went up last week about the development of DOOM (2016). Of particular interest is footage in part 1 of the cancelled "Doom 4" that was being worked on at id between 2008 and 2013 before they scrapped it and started over with DOOM 2016 in its current form. They'd never shown Doom 4 footage before.

People like to complain about anything and everything. Someone will spend 120 hours in a game and still complain about it.

For anyone interested there's a really interesting documentary on Youtube that just went up last week about the development of DOOM (2016). Of particular interest is footage in part 1 of the cancelled "Doom 4" that was being worked on at id between 2008 and 2013 before they scrapped it and started over with DOOM 2016 in its current form. They'd never shown Doom 4 footage before.

Second this. I enjoyed it a lot and subbed to that channel.

Highly recommend checking it out.

GOTY for me, not had this much fun on a game since MW came out for ps3.

On my 8th play through so far, just really digging everything about it.

Only annoying thing is it take 75GB on my PS4.

This was awesome, thanks for posting it.

Have finally had some time to sit and watch this, was a really good documentary plus was good to see some of that cancelled game.

Yes but games have evolved in the last 20 years

Like Halo? Enter room/area and kill everything. Like Call of Duty? Enter room/area and kill everything. Like Far Cry? Enter room/area and kill everything.

Thanks for posting this, I'm currectly downloading the videos and going to sit down with some popcorn to enjoy in their entirety.

Back