Any word on Matt Hughes?

squatchi26

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Really havent seen much on the forums. Has anyone read how in the world he got hit by a train? Seems like a hard thing to do. Sucky situation and prayers go out to him and his family.

Is he in coma or was that not confirmed?

when he wakes up he's in for one big country breakfast

In Hughes’ case, Triumph Over Tragedy is helping to have him evaluated by “one of the country’s top traumatic brain injury centers.”

“Matt has sat on Triumph Over Tragedy Foundation’s board for five years. The Georgia based non-profit serves families affected by spinal cord and brain injuries,” read a Ulrici’s statement on behalf of Hughes’ family on Wednesday. “We are working closely with the foundation on the next steps with Matt’s care including having him evaluated by one of the country’s top Traumatic Brain Injury Centers. We are taking Matt’s situation day by day and ask his fans and colleagues to continue to lift him up in prayer.”

There were no other specific updates on Hughes’ overall condition.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/matt-hughes-to-be-evaluated-by-leading-traumatic-brain-injury-center

In Hughes’ case, Triumph Over Tragedy is helping to have him evaluated by “one of the country’s top traumatic brain injury centers.”

“Matt has sat on Triumph Over Tragedy Foundation’s board for five years. The Georgia based non-profit serves families affected by spinal cord and brain injuries,” read a Ulrici’s statement on behalf of Hughes’ family on Wednesday. “We are working closely with the foundation on the next steps with Matt’s care including having him evaluated by one of the country’s top Traumatic Brain Injury Centers. We are taking Matt’s situation day by day and ask his fans and colleagues to continue to lift him up in prayer.”

There were no other specific updates on Hughes’ overall condition.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/matt-hughes-to-be-evaluated-by-leading-traumatic-brain-injury-center
Sounds like he's not doing well and this will be a long term thing.

So sad. Apart from being a UFC legend, he seemes like a genuine good guy, a family man. Thoughts and prayers for his family

It doesn't sound good if they're saying he hasn't really woken up yet. Very unfortunate situation. Sounds like him and his family have long, tedious road ahead, unfortunately.

It doesn't sound good if they're saying he hasn't really woken up yet. Very unfortunate situation. Sounds like him and his family have long, tedious road ahead, unfortunately.

Wow that really sucks I kinda figured no news is good news apparently not the case.

So sad. Apart from being a UFC legend, he seemes like a genuine good guy, a family man. Thoughts and prayers for his family
I dont really want to get into this in this context, but you might want to look a little closer. That said, this is still a tragedy and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Matt is a legend and pioneer. Fuck i hope he makes it out. F u to anybody that makes light of this. He is the WW King imo.

Well I don't know the guy on a personal level. Regardless of what he is or isn't, still sucks to see this happen.

Not looking good from the reports, if he makes it out alive it looks like he'll have some kind of permanent damage.

This whole thing remind me of Michael Schumacher situation

The situation sucks all around. I can only imagine 3 scenarios where this could happen: DUI, someone tried to kill him or his truck just happened to breakdown on the tracks. I just cant wrap my head around getting hit by a train.

Back