Any version on Jon Jones would absolutely maul Fedor

You'd have to specify whether we are talking about prime or current Fedor.
It matters.

Skill wise it's not even close between Jones and Fedor. Jones is better almost everywhere. Fedor is tough as fuck though so Jones would probably win via doctors stoppage.

The skill level at HW and LHW has gotten worse not better since 05.
Actually I amend my last post.

Stipe Miocic is far and away better than pretty much any HW of the Fedor era. So at the very top that has improved as well.
Werdum is better than Nog and CroCop and arguably Fedor. I know her was a staple back then as well, however he’s easily better than he’s ever been (at least two years ago he was)
Cain is better than pretty much any HW of the old era when he’s actually active.

So you’re wrong about HW as well.

I am certain that prime Fedor would beat OSP Jones. So title is a lie.

Regarding athletic ability, Fedor had the best hips in MMA history at HW, and his combination of core strength and quickness/speed was phenomenal. Only an idiot would suggest otherwise.

Jones obviously has impressive physical aspects as well (his reach being chief among them), but in terms of pure athletic ability for MMA, they both have a lot going on.

I know one thing, only an idiot makes definitive statements regarding the outcome of a hypothetical fight between two fighters whose primes are separated by a decade, especially when they've never even fought in the same weight class. That's the only thing I can say for sure about this.

Jones can't even dunk. Fedor is one of the best athletes in MMA. He's explosive and fast as hell. Jones isn't a great athlete at all. He's got a great frame for his style.

And if HW is so bad why does Jones cut weight to LHW? Does he do it for the challenge???
Jones cant dunk is an absolutely stupid point to bring up.

Stop trolling.

Jones would probably win but I wouldn't be surprised seeing Fedor KTFO Jones

Regarding athletic ability, Fedor had the best hips in MMA history at HW, and his combination of core strength and quickness/speed was phenomenal. Only an idiot would suggest otherwise.

Jones obviously has impressive physical aspects as well (his reach being chief among them), but in terms of pure athletic ability for MMA, they both have a lot going on.

Only an idiot would infer that I said Fedor was a bad athlete.

I said Jones is a better one, and I think it’s obvious.

Actually I amend my last post.

Stipe Miocic is far and away better than pretty much any HW of the Fedor era. So at the very top that has improved as well.
Werdum is better than Nog and CroCop and arguably Fedor. I know her was a staple back then as well, however he’s easily better than he’s ever been (at least two years ago he was)
Cain is better than pretty much any HW of the old era when he’s actually active.

So you’re wrong about HW as well.

LMAO. Stipe is a part time fire man with no real martial arts background. He's a golden gloves boxer with low level wrestling. How in the hell is that better than 2005 when we had sambo world champions and K1 greats with 100 fights before MMA competing?

I do think Jones is more skilled. But Fedor has insane explosiveness and power for a HW. Not an easy fight to pick, but seeing Jones manhandle DC twice tells me Fedor isnt going to be getting him down. It's all whetheror not Jones can weather the blitzkrieg.

Jones cant dunk is an absolutely stupid point to bring up.

Stop trolling.

It's an athletic feat that someone who is 6'4 and has an 81 inch reach should be able to do if they are a good athlete like you say.

It's an athletic feat that someone who is 6'4 and has an 81 inch reach should be able to do if they are a good athlete like you say.
Dunking is a skill.
Its something that has to be taught. He did it incorrectly.
I know it’s a funny meme/sherdogism but come on son. You’re better than this.

Only an idiot would infer that I said Fedor was a bad athlete.

I said Jones is a better one, and I think it’s obvious.

Did I quote you? Sensitive much? Touchy?

Are you having a bad day or something? Is that why you are trolling?

LMAO. Stipe is a part time fire man with no real martial arts background. He's a golden gloves boxer with low level wrestling. How in the hell is that better than 2005 when we had sambo world champions and K1 greats with 100 fights before MMA competing?
You’re killing my very serious thread

BUD

Back