any tool fans here?

<{jackyeah}>

Best live band I've ever seen I think. Not even a fanatic (I probably like 8 to 10 songs) but man they are unlike any other band out there, ever.

My Tool station on Pandora has been seeded with Korn, The Deftones, and Rage against the Machine. Considering whatever they throw in, it gives me a pretty good mix.

While thinking about it, at the end of one of the Tool tracks you hear Maynard going off on some dude smoking weed at the show. He asks security to 'kick the Bob Marley wannabe motherfucker out of here'. I always find that humorous.

Craftsman has really went down hill the past 10 years.

One of my favourite bands. Justin Chancellor rules.

<{jackyeah}>

Best live band I've ever seen I think. Not even a fanatic (I probably like 8 to 10 songs) but man they are unlike any other band out there, ever.
Just came in to post this as well pal!Brilliant live band which got me interested in A Perfect Circle who are also one of the all around best live bands i've ever seen.....cheers.

MMA is a bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call Sherdog
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Mayberry Bay.

Fret for your body and
Fret for your jobs and
Fret for your women and
Fret for your money and
Fret for your mental health and
Fret for your ipad and
Fret for your flag and
Fret for your car.

Learn to swim
I wanna see it all come down.
Bring it down
Suck it down.
Flush it down.

4th best concert I have been too.
Cant beat Pink Floyd for sound, production, body of work or overall concert experience.

My Tool station on Pandora has been seeded with Korn, The Deftones, and Rage against the Machine. Considering whatever they throw in, it gives me a pretty good mix.

While thinking about it, at the end of one of the Tool tracks you hear Maynard going off on some dude smoking weed at the show. He asks security to 'kick the Bob Marley wannabe motherfucker out of here'. I always find that humorous.

IIRC; he was referring to the lead singer of Green Jelly, in jest.

Does it become more dorky the older you get?

Undertow has a lot of good songs, but Aenema has to be my favorite. Latteralus may be tied for that spot though. But after that, Adam Jones's guitar playing became a bit too masturbatory. I know he is a big fan of Robert Fripp and King Crimson and all, but even Fripp's playing gets a little stale after the millionth time he changes keys in a song playing the same riff.

Seen them live in '06 and it was incredible. Justin Chancellor and Danny Carey are the GOAT rock band rhythm section.

ooaxlu.jpg

Undertow has a lot of good songs, but Aenema has to be my favorite. Latteralus may be tied for that spot though. But after that, Adam Jones's guitar playing became a bit too masturbatory. I know he is a big fan of Robert Fripp and King Crimson and all, but even Fripp's playing gets a little stale after the millionth time he changes keys in a song playing the same riff.

over the years undertow has been my fav for the sheer rawness and emotional connection i have not just with the words the guutar bass and drums have their own story. you just have to know how to appreciate them as an each and then the parts together. i love aenima it is what got me hooked way back when and lateralus was technucally very good as well.

just to me personally it goes top 3 undertow aenima lateralus.

i started this thread to see if anyone gets that same vibe from that album. i see bits and pieces. just not anyone as hooked as me on this album...yet.

if i let you...
you would make me destroy myself...
in order to survive you..
i must first survive myself...
and i can sink no further....
and i cannot forgive you...
theres no choice but to confront you...
to engage you..
to erase you...
ive gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain...
i will use my mistakes against you...
theres no other choice...
you should end this now..
we can end this now...
your nothing now...
your no one now...
but my soul must be iron...
cuz my fear is naked...
im naked and fearless..
and my fear is naked.

(proceed to scream with maynard here)

Back