Any tips on triangle setup?

• Thread starter Deleted member 509215
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 509215

I’m having a lot of trouble getting a triangle choke from guard in GI. Every time I’m getting swept or it’s defended. Any tips? Im 5’8” 135 lbs. if that helps...

It's an extremely broad question.

There are countless ways to set up the armbar from guard. From a beginner perspective, attacking off of the overhook is extremely high percentage.

If you are a white belt, set up is not the only important thing, there are many things about the triangle you need to know. If you have a good triangle specially as a white belt and blue you could revolve your whole guard game Around it, I sucked at it and was never able to finish it up unto I stumble with Ryan's DVD, after watching it, studying it and even dream with it, my triangle sky rocket, turning into my main weapon, and I'm 5'7...

How do you get swept from triangle in guard?

Just don't be in a hurry to finish it. If you can't finish yet, make it a personal goal to hold the position as long as you can. If you can keep their posture broken and a good angle, the finish is inevitable, but first you have to maintain it.

Neil Melanson's classic book on the triangle was just released, lots of great setups there.

Neil Melanson's classic book on the triangle was just released, lots of great setups there.

I've tried a bunch of his stuff, I don't why it just doesn't click on me..

Do you have a specif technique that you have used with success From his stuff?

I've tried a bunch of his stuff, I don't why it just doesn't click on me..

Do you have a specif technique that you have used with success From his stuff?

I like the overhook a lot for no-gi, I've found most of setups from there to be useful. Especially if you also have a decent omoplata if flows pretty well.

I was deep purple before I could hit the triangle regularly. A mounted triangle taught me what I needed to know to hit it from guard.

Against other white belts just spam this set up over and over again.

Back