Any star wars fan not interested in seeing episode 9? **Poll**

Will you be seeing Episode 9 in theaters?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The thing is action scifi fantasy genre mostly appeals to boys - so why werent there any characters they could identify with? Ill take my own kids as an example; my 7 year old liked anakin in the clone wars animation and luke in the originals , liked kylo rens light saber but none of the other characters so no action figure sales from our family. My daughter kind of liked Rey but not as much as the other girls stuff her friends are in to. So who are the toys geared towards? Who would buy the new characters action figures? Fin wasnt a hero and a bit pathetic. Its marketing madness

It is bizarre to admit that I'm not. But I really have not liked 8 and 9.

I’m still going to see it but I’m not nearly as excited as I was for the previous ones. I actually haven’t seen Solo yet but it’s really just a side story anyways. I should catch that before it’s not in theaters anymore though...

Johnson + Kennedy in a trebuchet, launched to Mars.

giphy.gif

Adios.
71azht1WUpL._SY606_.jpg

I only watch the despecialized original trilogy. I couldn't give one shit less about episode 9. TLJ was a cinematic universe killer, not even just a trilogy killer.

I'll watch with low expectations after the BluRay comes out.

I'll probably watch it on netlix at some point, but not excited for it. I just finally got around to watching The Last Jedi last week. What a disappointment. Drives me crazy that Rey just comes in with no training but is some super powered jedi. Even Snoke remarks to Ren, "a girl with no training beat you in combat." I agree the newer characters are kind of meh, and i didn't like how they used Luke in the last film. Not surprised the new Solo movie flopped, and i'm not excited to check it out, though i probably will at some point in the future.

You're shitting me, right?

It was beautifully directed, and had one of the best final acts of any SW film ever, but the characters were paper-thin.

It took big balls to kill everybody off at the end, but none of the deaths had any weight behind them.

*Oh shit, that one dude died... what was his name? He looked kinda cool.*
- My exact thoughts on seven different ocassions.

That said, the two scenes of Darth Vader made my IMax ticket price worth it just to see them.

I literally can't remember any character's name from that movie. In my head, they are Spunky Female Lead, Vaguely European Guy, Funny Robot, Donnie Yen, other Guy Who isn't Donnie Yen, and Whimpering Pilot.

The now-commonplace criticism that Rogue One only works if you have seen the original trilogy is also spot-on. Rogue One would have flopped if it hadn't been explicitly a Star Wars film. It is basically a really high-budget fanfic.

What are we supposed to be looking forward to?

I literally can't remember any character's name from that movie. In my head, they are Spunky Female Lead, Vaguely European Guy, Funny Robot, Donnie Yen, other Guy Who isn't Donnie Yen, and Whimpering Pilot.

The now-commonplace criticism that Rogue One only works if you have seen the original trilogy is also spot-on. Rogue One would have flopped if it hadn't been explicitly a Star Wars film. It is basically a really high-budget fanfic.

And Bor Gullet

Don't forget Bor Gullet god dammit!

Borr Gullet lives.

Not a fan, but why wouldn't you? Sort of like the 3rd Matrix. The 2nd was so shit, you knew it couldn't be redeemed, yet you were so invested...why not? That was only a 3 movie arch, let alone 9.

Like others have said I am going to wait until it’s on Netflix or whatever. That last one just killed it for me.

After what they did to Luke Skywalker, honestly. i have no interest to see this series through

The next is supposed to be the conclusion of the trilogy but i still dont think any story has actually been generated. I feel like I’m watching nothingg but B-plots or something

TLJ was a waste of time. More shlocky than the Phantom Menace and raped Luke Skywalkers character harder than anyones childhood was by the prequels

The excitement I normally have for SW is gone after the TLJ shitshow. I will probably eventually watch it but surely I wont be there opening Thursday night first screening IMAX with a follow up viewing a week later. TFA was meh, I liked Rogue One a lot and Solo was actually pretty good especially the second half. TLJ was absolute trash.

I don't recall exactly, was it just Rocky speaking about him in a positive way / remembering him fondly?

That and his death was revealed cinematically. Rocky approaches Adrian's grave like he did in Rocky 6, but the shot reveals that Paulie is also buried there now and Rocky pulls out a bottle of whiskey to place at his grave. Rocky then speaks briefly to Paulie (his grave) before turning his attention to Adrian.

It was understated but impactful.

Way better than Rocky walking past some random person on the street who says to him, "Hey the meat packing plant guy died, huh?" and Rocky just shrugs like it ain't no thang.

I'll watch it when it hits cable or streaming but I wont pay for it after The Last Jedi was such shit.

You mean Tentacle Mindrapist?
Yep!

Probably one of the most useless over the top characters in star wars,

Yeah I know Star Wars is supposed to be about Space Aliens, other creatures and some weird shit, but Lucas Film and company should know they don't have to shove it up our ass all the time those tentacles.

Just like in the TV series Star Wars Rebels, the Bendu is such a dump copt out Character like the fucking Space wales!

Back