Any star wars fan not interested in seeing episode 9? **Poll**

Will you be seeing Episode 9 in theaters?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
As someone who has been a fan of the franchise with kids that were too, we even named out pet after Rey after TFA, i am completely uninterested in seeing episode 9. The old characters are dead and the new ones are uncompelling. I dont care what happens to the rebels/ republic now and the bad guys dont interest me either. My son who is 7 lost interest sfter TLJ

Anyone else geel the same?

are we SURE luke is dead?

Last Jedi was a shitty follow up to force awakens. Many fans were intrigued by snokes’ backstory and the Knights of Ren. No one got an answer to any of that. I’ll probably watch it, but I’ll defiantly have low expectations for the next one.

Last edited:
Up to this day I still dont know what G.Lucas was thinking when he wrote "The Phantom Menace".

TLJ is definitely better than TPM but it gets more hate for the fact that it ruined the chance for the original actors to make a good comeback or have a proper send off.
As a huge fan of the original trilogy, meh on proper sendoffs. Those characters' stories were already told; they already had their exit stage left.

New blood! New characters! New worlds, new ideas, fresh, different.
It's a fucking galaxy, let's see more than a tiny speck of this huge place. Stop with the rebellion and empire and lightsabers and blah blah blah.

Enough with the trips down memory lane, time to create new memories instead of reference-spamming around a weak story.

are we SURE luke is dead?

As of now, yes, he's dead.

Kathleen Kennedy fired the original Ep9 scriptwriter because he objected to Luke being killed off in Ep8. It effectively 'killed off' all of his ideas.

I will always watch every Star Wars film that comes out.

What's really tiresome is the adults pissing and moaning about how they didn't like a kid's movie.

What's really tiresome is the adults pissing and moaning about how they didn't like a kid's movie.
even if it sucked and we're told we dont like it because we didnt understand it?

The problem imo is that some people seem to take it way too seriously or create unrealistic expectations about the movies. They're bound to be disappointed.

100% this.

I love Star Wars. I didn't like the prequels (even as a kid, when they came out), but the new movies are a lot of fun. A bunch of adults politicizing Star Wars is kind of pathetic. The originals were fun action/drama flicks that had less-than-subtle political overtones. The new ones are the same, with the same political overtones. But somehow the people who claim to love the originals sit back and complain about "muh essjaydubya bullshit".

And when I ask them what their specific complaints are, they can never articulate their thoughts.

Episode 9 gets my money, probably a few times over. These new films are great.

Edit: I also think a lot of people have such a nostaligia boner for the Original Trilogy that they have unrealistic expectations of films going forward.

even if it sucked and we're told we dont like it because we didnt understand it?

Especially then.

If you didn't understand a kid's movie, you should keep that shit quiet.

:cool:

If the rumors that Kathleen Kennedy is already gone and its to be announced in September (there's been some variations of this rumor going around), then consider Rian Johnson's trilogy effectively cancelled.

His name is as cancerous as her's, amongst fans.

Johnson + Kennedy in a trebuchet, launched to Mars.

giphy.gif

Adios.

you're a clever sumbitch alright.

I hated the tlj more than I hated fury road I'd that means anything

TLJ is the only Star Wars movie I'm confidant I'll never watch again.

Surprised you didn't like Fury Road, though, I thought that was really good.

TLJ is the only Star Wars movie I'm confidant I'll never watch again.

Surprised you didn't like Fury Road, though, I thought that was really good.
it was my most anticipated movie for that year and I was literally sitting in the theater with my arms crossed and angry. I looked over to my wife and she asked if we should just go.

lol.

As a huge fan of the original trilogy, meh on proper sendoffs. Those characters' stories were already told; they already had their exit stage left.

New blood! New characters! New worlds, new ideas, fresh, different.
It's a fucking galaxy, let's see more than a tiny speck of this huge place. Stop with the rebellion and empire and lightsabers and blah blah blah.

Enough with the trips down memory lane, time to create new memories instead of reference-spamming around a weak story.

I have to disagree heavily. I don't know if I've ever seen more "wasted capital" in a film series than what has been done here. There's no reason you can't build up the new characters without treating the old ones like worthless trash.

Look at how the old characters are treated with reverence in Creed or Bladerunner 2049, while still focusing on new protagonists.

They’re getting not a nickel from me after TLJ.

100% this.

I love Star Wars. I didn't like the prequels (even as a kid, when they came out), but the new movies are a lot of fun. A bunch of adults politicizing Star Wars is kind of pathetic. The originals were fun action/drama flicks that had less-than-subtle political overtones. The new ones are the same, with the same political overtones. But somehow the people who claim to love the originals sit back and complain about "muh essjaydubya bullshit".

And when I ask them what their specific complaints are, they can never articulate their thoughts.

Episode 9 gets my money, probably a few times over. These new films are great.

Edit: I also think a lot of people have such a nostaligia boner for the Original Trilogy that they have unrealistic expectations of films going forward.
Not every one dislikes the new movies for some perceived political reason. Some simply don't think they are good movies.

Yet they praise infinity war... also a kids movie. Gee wonder why?

Back