Any star wars fan not interested in seeing episode 9? **Poll**

Will you be seeing Episode 9 in theaters?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
You're insane. Just visually, the prequels look like green screened garbage. Jurassic Park still looks fantastic. The prequels scream "every scene enhanced by or entirely composed by computer".
They look terrible.
And then, the acting.
But before we talk about the acting, the script. But before we talk about the script, let's talk about the direction... etc

They were bad for different reasons, you're judging a specific criteria - we're mostly judging the story and direction they took. Prequels didn't fundamentally ruin things cause the story took place in the past.

They were bad for different reasons, you're judging a specific criteria - we're mostly judging the story and direction they took. Prequels didn't fundamentally ruin things cause the story took place in the past.
Prequels didn't need to exist and the only reason it didn't ruin things is because a lot was brought up and then never mentioned again, like the stupid midichlorians, the single dumbest, most wrong headed idea in the SWU.

TLJ was fine, the stories just weren't narratively satisfying. They wasted the potential of some characters but I admire the effort to do something unexpected.

Prequels didn't need to exist and the only reason it didn't ruin things is because a lot was brought up and then never mentioned again, like the stupid midichlorians, the single dumbest, most wrong headed idea in the SWU.

TLJ was fine, the stories just weren't narratively satisfying. They wasted the potential of some characters but I admire the effort to do something unexpected.

“Love saves everything”

(or whatever that fucking stupid quote was, I’m never watching that shit again).

<SelenaWow>

You did point out something about the prequels that was worse

But OVERALL

Last Jedi was worst
My opinion, the prequels and it ain't even close. There was no single moment I was squirming uncomfortably in my seat being visually assaulted by a thousand CGI things in-frame. No forced romance between two vain, shallow people who have no chemistry.
Hell, the prequels don't have any likeable central characters.

My opinion, the prequels and it ain't even close. There was no single moment I was squirming uncomfortably in my seat being visually assaulted by a thousand CGI things in-frame. No forced romance between two vain, shallow people who have no chemistry.

Meet me half way and just agree they both suck

Meet me half way and just agree they both suck
I can't. Nothing will ever be as disappointing as sitting there on opening night for the first SW film since I was 13... and ten minutes in, wondering what the fuck was going on. What a mess of a story and script. What made Lucas think that convoluted political garbage would make internal sense or hold anyone's interest?
The only reason my kid watched it was things flying and explosions and droids.

I can't. Nothing will ever be as disappointing as sitting there on opening night for the first SW film since I was 13... and ten minutes in, wondering what the fuck was going on. What a mess of a story and script. What made Lucas think that convoluted political garbage would make internal sense or hold anyone's interest?
The only reason my kid watched it was things flying and explosions and droids.

Prequels disappointed the kids and Last Jedi disappointed the adults

Let's kill ourselves

You’ve just described TLJ. There is no romance more forced than Chinese girl and Black clown.

TLJ screwed Luke Skywalker, the most likable character in SW.

Get a grip man. TLJ has better CGI. THAT’S IT.

Last edited:
You’ve just described TLJ. There is no romance more forced than Chinese girl and Black court jester.

TLJ screwed Luke Skywalker, the most likable character in SW.

Get a grip man. TLJ has better CGI. THAT’S IT.
All that old blood had to go. Their stories were told. It's time for SW to stop relying on reference. Here's thing you know! Remember this? It's in this movie too!

And you're incorrect. TLJ had better everything. A story that made sense and didn't leave you struggling to figure out character motivations or purpose. Balance between story elements. Visually pleasing as opposed to confusing. Dialogue that doesn't sound like a teenager wrote it. Acting that isn't as wooden as any old growth forest. Plot points you can follow, even if you can't get behind em.

All that old blood had to go. Their stories were told. It's time for SW to stop relying on reference. Here's thing you know! Remember this? It's in this movie too!

And you're incorrect. TLJ had better everything. A story that made sense and didn't leave you struggling to figure out character motivations or purpose. Balance between story elements. Visually pleasing as opposed to confusing. Dialogue that doesn't sound like a teenager wrote it. Acting that isn't as wooden as any old growth forest. Plot points you can follow, even if you can't get behind em.

<YeahOKJen>

I'm all for new stories ... if they're good - every route they took was disappointing and closed doors creatively.

At least the prequels built on to the the universe, Last Jedi is the universe shutting down.

I'm all for new stories ... if they're good - every route they took was disappointing and closed doors creatively.

At least the prequels build on to the the universe, Last universe is the universe shutting down.
It still has story to go.
The prequels didn't so much build the universe as tell you part of a story you already know and at the same time managing to make a galaxy seem like a small place

It still has story to go.
The prequels didn't so much build the universe as tell you part of a story you already know and at the same time managing to make a galaxy seem like a small place

I would rather have a story about something established that I didn't need to know

Than a tacked on story that shits all over the original series.

What happens to Luke? - old asshole who hates the force

{<huh}

What happens to Solo?

Oh he has a son

<Dana05>

son kills him and is a cunt

<Dylan>

-- the war ended at Return of the Jedi and everyone was happy, everything they did in the original trilogy was meaningful:

> No it wasn't fuck you the war goes on forever and even elderly Leia has to fight in it

<{clintugh}>

Well fuck ... what about R2D2 I liked him

He's replaced by a beach ball

<DCrying>

Are you sure it's milk?

latest
<OKC16>

Don't insult me by trying to make it out like I'm deflecting something. I answered your question. You are the one who refuses to explain how we go from 30% who didn't like it to 80% who don't want to see it again. Even though the questions are different.... they are linked because people who liked it will likely want to see the next one. Even if there's some variance, it won't be 50%. This is just obvious though... & you know that... so I don't know why you aren't acknowledging it.

It is very clear that this poll is being dominated by that 30% who didn't like it. The people who liked it don't want to expose themselves to these threads & you are blind as a bat if you don't see that this thread has way more people in it who don't like the movie than those that do.

I see you edited your response and took out the part where you finally acknowledged that both polls were different.

Since you did that, I will refrain from explaining why it was so important for me to have you acknowledge that the polls were different.

Back