Any star wars fan not interested in seeing episode 9? **Poll**

Will you be seeing Episode 9 in theaters?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The backlash already has them worried.

They "paused" development on a bunch of films, are changing direction for some etc

Hell there has even been rumors swirling of kennedy being fired - but no one wanting to take her role because she installed a team of Yes Women

The Last Jedi did good sure, but not compared to TFA.

Solo bombed (I liked Solo) pretty badly for Star Wars

Time will tell what happens....probably not much but stranger things have happened.

The Last Jedi was clearly made to destroy what the SW universe used to be, and the director tried to change Star Wars into something new. He killed off or totally destroyed the old beloved characters and replaced them with SJW bullshit. In a way I think he was trying to to say FUCK YOU to old traditional America. He was saying FUCK YOU to the old way of Star Wars.

So I'm done with it all. Disney can eat shit. The Force is Female, so I'm fucking out.

The movies are ok.

I've only seen The Last Jedi once and honestly, I can't remember much from The Force Awakens so I can't really comment on them.

I don't see any problem honestly with them making the movies with a female lead role. There were always female Jedi, hell, if Luke hadn't been victorious, Leia would've been a Jedi, her father is Vader after all. Why it's such a big deal that the main character is one, I don't know.

The movies themselves... lets' be honest about one thing:

They turned the Dark side into something that no longer commands my respect. Han and Leia's son is a whiny fuck. I don't give a shit about Snoke, stupid name btw, can't stand saying it. The awesomeness that was the Dark side was directly linked by the way Vader and Maul commanded your interest and your respect.

I don't see any problem honestly with them making the movies with a female lead role. There were always female Jedi, hell, if Luke hadn't been victorious, Leia would've been a Jedi, her father is Vader after all. Why it's such a big deal that the main character is one, I don't know.

I don't think a female protagonist is the problem with fans that the movie's defenders claim it to be.

Sure, there will be some who automatically dismiss a female lead, but they are generally a small minority.

The way Rey is written is the issue. She represents a common trend in SJW-driven writing, where the protagonist is super-powerful simply because she is super-awesome just the way she is. Nothing has to really be worked for. She gets her powers and victories generally by virtue of the writer's wish-fulfillment fantasies.

There's also a big difference between having a female protagonist (no problem at all with this) and having the film as a whole essentially being an essay against men and/or masculinity. Nobody walked away from Aliens complaining about a female protagonist.

I don't think a female protagonist is the problem with fans that the movie's defenders claim it to be.

Sure, there will be some who automatically dismiss a female lead, but they are generally a small minority.

The way Rey is written is the issue. She represents a common trend in SJW-driven writing, where the protagonist is super-powerful simply because she is super-awesome just the way she is. Nothing has to really be worked for. She gets her powers and victories generally by virtue of the writer's wish-fulfillment fantasies.

There's also a big difference between having a female protagonist (no problem at all with this) and having the film as a whole essentially being an essay against men and/or masculinity. Nobody walked away from Aliens complaining about a female protagonist.

No one complained about Lea either, or ashoka, the problem isn't that their female leads or powerful women, they just arent written well.

sorry bud but if your continual deflection of my question is how it is, then let's just end this here. if you can't see that the poll questions are unquestionably different, or refuse to, that's up to you.

Don't insult me by trying to make it out like I'm deflecting something. I answered your question. You are the one who refuses to explain how we go from 30% who didn't like it to 80% who don't want to see it again. Even though the questions are different.... they are linked because people who liked it will likely want to see the next one. Even if there's some variance, it won't be 50%. This is just obvious though... & you know that... so I don't know why you aren't acknowledging it.

It is very clear that this poll is being dominated by that 30% who didn't like it. The people who liked it don't want to expose themselves to these threads & you are blind as a bat if you don't see that this thread has way more people in it who don't like the movie than those that do.

Last edited:
The backlash already has them worried.

They "paused" development on a bunch of films, are changing direction for some etc

Hell there has even been rumors swirling of kennedy being fired - but no one wanting to take her role because she installed a team of Yes Women
Link or didn't happen.

Fact is the links you're likely to find are all rumorz & propoganda. Last I heard, the official Star Wars commentary sayz all projects are still on.
The Last Jedi did good sure, but not compared to TFA.

TLJ is exactly right in line with every single other Star Wars movie at the mid point of the trilogy.

$1,027,044,677 - Ep I : The Phantom Menace (32 BBY)
$-,649,398,328 - Ep II: Attack Of The Clones (22 BBY) (about a 37% drop)
$-,848,754,768 - Ep III: Revenge of The Sith (19 BBY) (about a 22% rise)

$-,386,000,000 - Solo: A Star Wars Story (10 BBY) – (est. still in theaters)
$1,056,057,273 - Rogue One (1 BBY)

$-,775,398,007 - Ep. IV: A New Hope (0 BBY – 0 ABY)
$-,538,375,067 - Ep. V: The Empire Strikes Back (3 ABY) (about a 31% drop)
$-,475,106,177 - Ep. VI: Return of the Jedi (4 ABY) (about 12% drop)

$2,068,223,624 - Ep. VII: The Force Awakens (34 ABY)
$1,332,539,889 - Ep. VIII: The Last Jedi (34 ABY) (about a 36% drop)

Here too is also showing for the finale that we have raised 22% & also dropped 12%. So we will likely be in that range with this finale. Not everyone knows this... but The Empire Strikes back actually had a very similar backlash compared to what TLJ is getting. It's obviously being exaggerated by social media being more of a "force" than it waz back then, but there's actually a lot of the same things being said. Like the one you hear all the time where people don't know where they'll go with the new one. That was a really big one. People were counting out the finale just like they are now.

Last edited:
If Star Wars episode 9 becomes a better movie than TLJ, does that really mean anything? For someone to make a shittier movie than TLJ would just be impossible. Right?

TLJ was fine. Not deserving of all the angst.
Needed at least another rewrite and wasted some good characters with pointless B stories.

But it was fine. Almost nothing that made me think of the prequels...

Prequels were better. That’s how shitty TLJ was.

Brilliant post

I never thought I'd ever say, "wow...this star wars movie was worse than attack of the clones."

TLJ said to me, "hold my beer"
TLJ is the worse piece of shit I've seen in a while.

And lol at the dumbfucks attempting to defend it.

I never thought I'd ever say, "wow...this star wars movie was worse than attack of the clones."

TLJ said to me, "hold my beer"
TLJ is the worse piece of shit I've seen in a while.

And lol at the dumbfucks attempting to defend it.
Or hold my green milk. Wtf is this?
giphy.gif

That's the thing about Rey though, I don't remember much about her. She had zero impact on me as a character.

I instantly noticed Ben though, I guess it's because the Dark side of the force interests me more as an adult. As a kid, obv Luke was the man, but now, I look at him in a similar vein to Rey.

You are right about Alien though. They've been doing a good job including female characters from the start. It's one my favorite Sci Fi series. I know Alien 4 wasn't terribly well recieved, but along with Aliens it's one of my favorites.

Ripley essentially being a human alien hybrid clone. Pretty badass imo.

Horror has always been groundbreaking in that area.

The movies are ok.

I've only seen The Last Jedi once and honestly, I can't remember much from The Force Awakens so I can't really comment on them.

The movies themselves... lets' be honest about one thing:

They turned the Dark side into something that no longer commands my respect. Han and Leia's son is a whiny fuck. I don't give a shit about Snoke, stupid name btw, can't stand saying it. The awesomeness that was the Dark side was directly linked by the way Vader and Maul commanded your interest and your respect.
And you know, this trend with the Dark side started with episode 2.

I never cared for those either.

The first one gets a pass because I saw it as a kid and Maul and those Jedi/Sith battles were amazing action.

That's the thing about Rey though, I don't remember much about her. She had zero impact on me as a character.

I instantly noticed Ben though, I guess it's because the Dark side of the force interests me more as an adult. As a kid, obv Luke was the man, but now, I look at him in a similar vein to Rey.

You are right about Alien though. They've been doing a good job including female characters from the start. It's one my favorite Sci Fi series. I know Alien 4 wasn't terribly well recieved, but along with Aliens it's one of my favorites.

Ripley essentially being a human alien hybrid clone. Pretty badass imo.

Horror has always been groundbreaking in that area.

Ben Solo / Kylo Ren was an interesting character in The Force Awakens. Stuff like being pulled into his grandfather's footsteps, admiring the legend, that's interesting and it's a believable motivation. The mask, the wobbly ass lightsaber blade. What was there was intriguing.

Rey... She's just super duper awesome because, why wouldn't she be?

I didn't care too much for Alien 4 as a film. It was well done mostly, but was too early in the franchise for self-parody in terms of tone. But I really liked the way Sigourney Weaver played the hybrid clone, the little changes she made from playing just Ripley.

You could argue really Hollywood is often just reflecting the current media climate where social issues get reduced to mere tokenism, the success of feminism is measured by a female president or by the number of CEO's. Rather than actually writing good female characters we end up with characters(mostly written and directed by men) who's only real characteristic is that they are "strong".

Its the same kind of problem with the Poe/Holdo story for me, it doesn't work because the film is actually afraid to have any real guts to it, Poe isn't actually shown in a negative fashion and Holdo isn't shown in a positive fashion, we just get a "because I say so" flip thrown in as if that alone is enough which ends up giving a very dodgy(not sure entirely intentional) pro authority message.

The most political Starwars has been was way back in the original I'd say with Leia shooting down Luke and Han's expectations of her as a damsel in distress. Honestly remembering their interactions in that film just makes it so clear how safe and childish these sequels really are.

Last edited:
You're insane. Just visually, the prequels look like green screened garbage. Jurassic Park still looks fantastic. The prequels scream "every scene enhanced by or entirely composed by computer".
They look terrible.
And then, the acting.
But before we talk about the acting, the script. But before we talk about the script, let's talk about the direction... etc

You're insane. Just visually, the prequels look like green screened garbage. Jurassic Park still looks fantastic. The prequels scream "every scene enhanced by or entirely composed by computer".
They look terrible.
And then, the acting.
But before we talk about the acting, the script. But before we talk about the script, let's talk about the direction... etc

Exactly, and TLJ was worse. That’s how shitty it was.

Back