Any star wars fan not interested in seeing episode 9? **Poll**

Will you be seeing Episode 9 in theaters?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
You sure ? I don't get that vibe at all.. but them haters are all over sherdog, twitter .. etc in the comment section of every little Star Wars things out there.
Bro do you live under a rock?

Last Jedi did such a disservice to the franchise that a true fan shouldn't like it let alone love it

Just cause it has star wars logo on it????

It's like saying your kid can do no wrong. But if you don't try to correct your beloved kid he'll grow up to become an asshole

To say last Jedi is on par with empire is actually shitting hard on empire ... and show how you're actually undervaluing something you love so hard

You have to be able to see the highlights and lowlights

Simply put which would you show new fans you want to recruit? Is last Jedi at the bottom of the list?

Bro do you live under a rock?

Kinda harsh.. I don't like engaging like this in a simple movie topic.

The places I go to get my news were never heavy on going after fans even they sound more like the exact opposite of fans.

To say last Jedi is on par with empire is actually shitting hard on empire ... and show how you're actually undervaluing something you love so hard

Nope I'm saying Empire is now considered the best from the OT.

And I think TLJ has potential at the end of it and after some time passes to also be seen as the best of this trilogy.

I'm not comparing Ep 5 and Ep 8 in terms of what is the better movie, get it now ?

The places I go to get my news were never heavy on going after fans even they sound more like the exact opposite of fans.
Fair enough. I’ve just seen countless articles, tweets, etc that are bad from both sides. Majority of it is probably just clickbait though to russle jimmies.

I think this part of your statement is key.

The place you go to get your news.

This is the problem with social media these days - you can choose exactly what kind of news feed you want and nearly everyone will choose outlets which agree with the context in how they see things. Most people do not choose opposite leaning outlets to get their information/news/develop opinions.

Same with politics. People who are inherently right leaning will no doubt filter their news sources from mostly right leaning outlets. Same goes for people on the left. Why read something you don't agree with?

The poll here is pretty clear on how people in Mayberry see the direction of Star Wars. While it doesn't match yours or @Myrddin Wild 's opinion of the movie, it matches many peoples feelings. And much like politics, this discussion (especially in the other thread) has devolved into a typical 'them vs. us' discussion.

I think this part of your statement is key.

The place you go to get your news.

This is the problem with social media these days - you can choose exactly what kind of news feed you want and nearly everyone will choose outlets which agree with the context in how they see things. Most people do not choose opposite leaning outlets to get their information/news/develop opinions.

Same with politics. People who are inherently right leaning will no doubt filter their news sources from mostly right leaning outlets. Same goes for people on the left. Why read something you don't agree with?

The poll here is pretty clear on how people in Mayberry see the direction of Star Wars. While it doesn't match yours or @Myrddin Wild 's opinion of the movie, it matches many peoples feelings. And much like politics, this discussion (especially in the other thread) has devolved into a typical 'them vs. us' discussion.

Hey I'm talking about movie news here... why would I hunt down only sites that take a dump on the things I like ? 24/7

And you know what.. as a matter of fact I do listen to youtube channels that do not like the TLJ so I'm not totally opposed to not seeing anything negative in fact I even watched a particular video like almost 2 hours long a few weeks ago, a negative rant on TLJ. In fact in our group here I'm the dude that shares all kind of negative videos, news, I even give them a round down on major negative stuff happening in the community.

No matter where I go I always find people that rag in the comment section and sometimes the pro people do try to answer them and debate them and start something but most of the time it isn't anything positive and it ends with no results and even insults.. I advised @Myrddin Wild and @EvilDDS to stay away and not engage in any Star Wars topics on sherdog because I think they won't change any opinions and they will just do a giant circle jerk with wasted time because in this place fans that do like this movies are constantly on the defense.. any single positive we say in here gets multiple quoted from all directions.. Wildo has been at this for a long time now and he knows it better then me by now.

I'm doing the exact thing now that I advised against.. but after so many months and this flavor of the week "we won't see the movie poll" alright then be like that, we shall see down the line who was the funny one.

All I'm saying do not assume we are all doing the cult like fanboyism thing.

Hey I'm talking about movie news here... why would I hunt down only sites that take a dump on the things I like ? 24/7

And you know what.. as a matter of fact I do listen to youtube channels that do not like the TLJ so I'm not totally opposed to not seeing anything negative in fact I even watched a particular video like almost 2 hours long a few weeks ago, a negative rant on TLJ. In fact in our group here I'm the dude that shares all kind of negative videos, news, I even give them a round down on major negative stuff happening in the community.

No matter where I go I always find people that rag in the comment section and sometimes the pro people do try to answer them and debate them and start something but most of the time it isn't anything positive and it ends with no results and even insults.. I advised @Myrddin Wild and @EvilDDS to stay away and not engage in any Star Wars topics on sherdog because I think they won't change any opinions and they will just do a giant circle jerk with wasted time because in this place fans that do like this movies are constantly on the defense.. any single positive we say in here gets multiple quoted from all directions.. Wildo has been at this for a long time now and he knows it better then me by now.

I'm doing the exact thing now that I advised against.. but after so many months and this flavor of the week "we won't see the movie poll" alright then be like that, we shall see down the line who was the funny one.

All I'm saying do not assume we are all doing the cult like fanboyism thing.

I'm not sure if you understood my point.

Getting the news from both sides of the 'factions' .. getting more info and opinions to properly gauge the real situation.

Yes, that is a good policy to have.

But ultimately, its a dumb discussion because it's purely subjective. Your opinion is what your opinion is. Just like mine. I'm permitted to either like or dislike something, just as you are.

Yes, that is a good policy to have.

But ultimately, its a dumb discussion because it's purely subjective. Your opinion is what your opinion is. Just like mine. I'm permitted to either like or dislike something, just as you are.

Yes you are.. but see the difference in how I approach the situation.. so far I didn't call anyone names, didn't make fun, didn't put anyone down at most I was snarky after several quotes.

original.gif

Yes you are.. but see the difference in how I approach the situation.. so far I didn't call anyone names, didn't make fun, didn't put anyone down at most I was snarky after several quotes.

original.gif

I know you're not referring to me here, but a snarky quote or a name calling doesn't equate to the entire one side of the argument.

You know the expression, 1 bad apple.....

Snarky is fine though. If one makes it personal, then the conversation is over as far as i'm concerned.

I know you're not referring to me here, but a snarky quote or a name calling doesn't equate to the entire one side of the argument.

You know the expression, 1 bad apple.....

Snarky is fine though. If one makes it personal, then the conversation is over as far as i'm concerned.

I'm trying, you are trying.. imagine if we all tried a little bit, make this place even better and more open to exchanges. I kinda only use the heavies and this place for movie talk and that's about it.

I'm trying, you are trying.. imagine if we all tried a little bit, make this place even better and more open to exchanges. I kinda only use the heavies and this place for movie talk and that's about it.

upload_2018-7-20_15-44-33.jpeg

Last Jedi did such a disservice to the franchise that a true fan shouldn't like it let alone love it

That's like saying your kid can do no wrong. But if you don't try to correct your beloved kid he'll grow up to become an asshole.
Nah. Assholes get corrected, and assholes are assholes because they are assholes not because of what they (dis)like.

A lot of assholes retreat back to "it's only opinion" when their assholery gets corrected, which is some pussy-ass shit to be an asshole and then want to reel it back when they discover the mic drop didn't make a single difference and it's still stuck to they hands.

I’ll watch it when it inevitably hits Netflix. Waiting on Solo as well. Learned my lesson wasting money on TLJ for me and my exgf.

I’ll watch it when it inevitably hits Netflix. Waiting on Solo as well. Learned my lesson wasting money on TLJ for me and my exgf.

Sorry to hear the movie was so bad you broke up

Back