Any Silver Stackers here???

TheLionTamer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Since May, I decided to diversify outside of my usual investments (stocks, real estate, bonds, etc). I got interested in crypto, but never took the plunge. I started researching more about precious metals and other commodities and found that there is a real thriving silver stacking community. With the silver to gold ratio at a high (80-1), it appeared to me (could be wrong) that silver was highly undervalued.

As with most things in my life, once I'm interested in something I go all out. I find that stacking silver and gold to a certain extent is a pretty enjoyable hobby because of the unique pieces available. I will not move away from the current financial institutions as many stackers do, but found that silver stacking is one of the more enjoyable investments (or safeguard) to actively participate in.

Any silver stackers here? If so, what do you like to stack?

So far my stack consists of:

40% American Silver Eagles
30% Government Minted (Libertads, Maple Leafs, Britannias, etc)
30% Generic Rounds and Bars

Favorite coin: Mexican Libertad
Favorite round: Sunshine Mint rounds
Favorite mint: Scottsdale
Favorite bar: 100 oz RCM bar and 20 oz poured Scottsdale bar

I’ve been through a few phases...Paladium ingots...i still have some Franklin Mint stuff...

I don't see how you're going to turn a profit giving money to LibTards.

You're not edgy or funny. Stop it.

After reading this post from Jefferz, I am retiring from Sherdog comedy. I would like to apologize for what would be extremely inappropriate and drunken attempts at edge and humor. I choose now to live as a humorless poster. I want to deal with this openly and honestly, and that begins with examining my own behavior.

After reading this post from Jefferz, I am retiring from Sherdog comedy. I would like to apologize for what would be extremely inappropriate and drunken attempts at edge and humor. I choose now to live as a humorless poster. I want to deal with this openly and honestly, and that begins with examining my own behavior.
Pull up your pants while you're at it.

I thought it was funny

tenor.gif

I do it for the fans. People don't understand what it takes to do what we do. I made that joke with a cracked skull. No excuses though.

Last edited:
Since May, I decided to diversify outside of my usual investments (stocks, real estate, bonds, etc). I got interested in crypto, but never took the plunge. I started researching more about precious metals and other commodities and found that there is a real thriving silver stacking community. With the silver to gold ratio at a high (80-1), it appeared to me (could be wrong) that silver was highly undervalued.

As with most things in my life, once I'm interested in something I go all out. I find that stacking silver and gold to a certain extent is a pretty enjoyable hobby because of the unique pieces available. I will not move away from the current financial institutions as many stackers do, but found that silver stacking is one of the more enjoyable investments (or safeguard) to actively participate in.

Any silver stackers here? If so, what do you like to stack?

So far my stack consists of:

40% American Silver Eagles
30% Government Minted (Libertads, Maple Leafs, Britannias, etc)
30% Generic Rounds and Bars

Favorite coin: Mexican Libertad
Favorite round: Sunshine Mint rounds
Favorite mint: Scottsdale
Favorite bar: 100 oz RCM bar and 20 oz poured Scottsdale bar

I've been considering this for a couple months now though I'm not sure if I want to go much more in on physical or etfs. The potential upside on silver is pretty big but I hate the idea of storing in as you need a lot of it. If I happen to go in on physical i'm just going to stick to well known coins for ease of selling.

The collectables tax on long term gains when you sell is fucking bullshit though.

Where do you buy precious metals? Also, is there a comprehensive website that compiles historical data and current trends for the purpose of determining what metal would be a good investment?

I have 1 100g bar of Silver (albion) its nice

I have a roll of eagles and bunch of bars. 2oz to 10oz, still dont have a kilo. I like generics and look for cheapest over spot. i dont buy when its over $16 spot. Just me.

Fav coin is the 10oz kooks

Where do you buy precious metals? Also, is there a comprehensive website that compiles historical data and current trends for the purpose of determining what metal would be a good investment?

Apmex is the most popular site i think but there is also JM Bullion, Provident metals, Monarch Metals, and a few other.

Apmex keeps data on the price of spot for the past yr or so.

I have some silver. I’d have to go check to see what I actually have.

Off the top of my head I have

- 25 x 1 oz silver maple leafs
- around 10 silver eagles.
- handful of Kennedy half dollars (I think these are only 60% silver)
- a shitload of pre 1967 Canadian quarters, dimes and half dollars

There are a bunch of other one offs im forgetting.

I've been considering this for a couple months now though I'm not sure if I want to go much more in on physical or etfs. The potential upside on silver is pretty big but I hate the idea of storing in as you need a lot of it. If I happen to go in on physical i'm just going to stick to well known coins for ease of selling.

The collectables tax on long term gains when you sell is fucking bullshit though.

That's what I was deciding as well before I took the dive. I decided on physical for the simple fact that the etf doesn't mean that you own the commodity itself. While the etf is much more practical since you don't have to worry about storage, I particularly enjoy building the physical stack. I hear you on the collectibles tax. Precious metals vaults in Singapore seem like a good way to go. No import or sales tax, but I'm sure the U.S. would probably still want you to report it.

https://nomadcapitalist.com/2013/04/18/how-to-get-free-offshore-gold-storage-in-singapore/
https://nomadcapitalist.com/2015/12/09/how-to-get-a-gold-bank-loan/

There's a lot of places. APMEX was already mentioned. Local coin shops are also a good way to go. For the daring there's craigslist, but I wouldn't personally go that route. I'll only buy off of ebay if it's from a reputable dealer (APMEX, MCM, Scottsdale, etc) because there are way too many fakes out there.

There are comprehensive websites for historical data. A lot of them though are from gold/silver dealers which makes the info slanted as to why you have to buy now (not saying that it's not true, but they are businesses after all). A lot of the end of the world/apocalypse silver stackers put their faith behind Mike Maloney. I find some of the content to be pretty good and somewhat reasonable, but I'm far from dumping all of my cash into silver. I have my own reasons for stacking, which are having it as a hedge and for wealth retention. Also, if I find myself forever holding, I think it would be a pretty cool heirloom for my kids.

I have some silver. I’d have to go check to see what I actually have.

Off the top of my head I have

- 25 x 1 oz silver maple leafs
- around 10 silver eagles.
- handful of Kennedy half dollars (I think these are only 60% silver)
- a shitload of pre 1967 Canadian quarters, dimes and half dollars

There are a bunch of other one offs im forgetting.

I really like what the Royal Canadian Mint is doing with the Maple Leafs to keep stacking from becoming stale. Just having a simple privy mark or reverse proof makes it more enjoyable than say stacking just American Eagles which are always the same. It's still my go to coin, but I appreciate the thought process RCM puts into its coins. 1964 Kennedy half dollars are 90% silver. 1965-1970 is 40%

I’ve got a dozen or so tubes of CDN mint coins, a 100oz bar a couple oversized novelty coins. I think if you’re serious about getting a return on them, avoid the unique pieces because of the markup on them.

I got sucked into this by a silver stacker over 5 years ago and heard the same numbers thrown around. Undervalued, about to be corrected compared to gold etc...the guy I worked with was positive the correction was imminent and had invested a lot more than a rational person should. His portfolio was about 80 silver, 10 stock and 10 real estate.

He was planning his retirement around the silver price correction, so since I lost touch with him I imagine he’s still working.

I really like what the Royal Canadian Mint is doing with the Maple Leafs to keep stacking from becoming stale. Just having a simple privy mark or reverse proof makes it more enjoyable than say stacking just American Eagles which are always the same. It's still my go to coin, but I appreciate the thought process RCM puts into its coins. 1964 Kennedy half dollars are 90% silver. 1965-1970 is 40%
I think my kennedy’s are 1968-70.

I also have a 1922 Peace Silver dollar (not high Relief) and a couple Morgan silver dollars from 1887.

I wouldn’t say i invest in silver. A lot of this I inherited from my grandfather. Other than that i will buy a maple leaf or two every so often.

Silver stacker sounds like some kind of old people sex act. Uhhhn

Back