Any Sherbros hold IT certifications???

coopdro

=-_ Damn Milkshake _-=
@purple
Reaction score
I just passed my VCP-NV exam today and had me wondering if any of you fellas hold any IT certifications.

Currently mine:
VCP DataCenter Virtualization - 4/5/6
VCP Network Virtualization - 6
VCA DataCenter Virtualization
VCA Cloud Management
MSCA 2003 Server

Tell me what you're working with!!! And yes, certifications don't mean shit unless you can actually do the work as well. They mainly help for jazzing up your resume. Since I'll be re-entering the job market in the next 12 months due to company buyout, this is very relevant to me at this time.

Yup, Google AdWords certified... Does that count?

working on a Cisco CCNA as we speak and have the usual comptia A+ cert.

CCNA should make me some money soon, at least I hope. I know I can get a job in vegas real quick.

CCNA, A+, and Net +. I got them around '09. They never helped me get a job. They never even helped me get an internship.

Yup, Google AdWords certified... Does that count?

1o0c1m.jpg

working on a Cisco CCNA as we speak and have the usual comptia A+ cert.

CCNA should make me some money soon, at least I hope. I know I can get a job in vegas real quick.

Like I said, I got mine in 09, so it was harder to find a job then. I don't know what it is like right now. I am thinking about re-taking my CCNA, but I dunno. It is not easy. I work as a tech writer, but I'm not dealing w/ IT, BTW

Like I said, I got mine in 09, so it was harder to find a job then. I don't know what it is like right now. I am thinking about re-taking my CCNA, but I dunno. It is not easy. I work as a tech writer, but I'm not dealing w/ IT, BTW

That was gonna be my next question, as to if you work in the field. Tech writer is related to the field. My recommendation to anyone pursuing networking is to also at minimum study some good security fundamentals that parallel with the networking aspects. A CCNA is no walk in the park. It's considered similar to the exam I took today except mine is for virtualizing networking. Doing layer 2 over layer 3 with VXLAN. Then add in the load balancing and microsegmentation pieces along with distributed routing/switching.

I've done a few on my own. I have Net+, Security+, CEH, and I'm going to do my CISSP sometime this year. I have been moonlighting as a cybersecurity engineer after hours from my day job, so that has given me a little motivation to learn this stuff at a higher level. I'd like to eventually do the Red Hat Sys Admin/Engineer and OSCP. I might do the CCNA if I'm bored and want to learn more stuff.

No but I fixed my Microwave today....

The most recent ones I done in the last 5 years are:
CCNA Routing and Switching
CCNA Security

Did all the MCSE 2003 exams, but didn't bother to upgrade them.
Also done CCA (Citrix Certified Administrator) about 10 years ago, but most of that is irrelevant now.

I'm looking to study do an Azure course (not sure if I'll bother with getting any certs for it though), as that seems to be the direction thngs are moving in. Datacenters and SANS are are a pain.

I've done a few on my own. I have Net+, Security+, CEH, and I'm going to do my CISSP sometime this year. I have been moonlighting as a cybersecurity engineer after hours from my day job, so that has given me a little motivation to learn this stuff at a higher level. I'd like to eventually do the Red Hat Sys Admin/Engineer and OSCP. I might do the CCNA if I'm bored and want to learn more stuff.

I've got a few work buddies that just got through the CISSP. That's a no joke cert. Lot of study materials to get through. Best of luck if you decide to go for it!

I've been thinking about certifying my RedHat skills since it's been about 5 years since I was admin'ing RedHat/Solaris. Going into the market as a virtualization engineer, it helps a lot to show good proficiency in the various OS'es that will be stacked on top of my hypervisors.

The most recent ones I done in the last 5 years are:
CCNA Routing and Switching
CCNA Security

Did all the MCSE 2003 exams, but didn't bother to upgrade them.
Also done CCA (Citrix Certified Administrator) about 10 years ago, but most of that is irrelevant now.

I'm looking to study do an Azure course (not sure if I'll bother with getting any certs for it though), as that seems to be the direction thngs are moving in. Datacenters and SANS are are a pain.

Nice on the CCNAs!

I never upgraded my server 2k3 certs either. I went pretty OS agnostic since I specialize in enterprise level VMware deployments for the past 5 years.

As much as I don't want to, I'm probably going to be getting into AWS/Azure over the Summer as well. It fits with the whole "cloud architect" role I'm sliding into. Only Citrix work I've done is a POC for running Citrix on VMware to get a Windows only app to work via a published app (XenApp).

It is very interesting, i once got an introduction to Visual Basic
and a program called Business Objects and it was cool.

i was close to getting my ccna a long time ago. barely failed it, and never tried again because i was too lazy and it was no longer a necessity at my work.

Back