Any one got a gif/name of a boxer who used the casting punch to KO someone in boxing?

When I was taught to box, a hook was thrown with the lead hand. Any shot thrown with the rear (power) hand was by definition not a hook, as to produce the same (i.e., "hooking") motion you'd have to totally square your feet up, & thus risk getting your head removed from your shoulders.

Yeah squaring up is bad in some situations but there is one place it's not and that's in close. You'd have your head resting on their chest or by the side of their head where it's safe then you can throw hooks with both hands.

This x 10000.

When I was taught to box, a hook was thrown with the lead hand. Any shot thrown with the rear (power) hand was by definition not a hook, as to produce the same (i.e., "hooking") motion you'd have to totally square your feet up, & thus risk getting your head removed from your shoulders.

I might be misunderstanding what you're saying but I'm not sure that's necessarily true (and really the nomenclature is all subjective - how many different phrases are their for a punch that comes up diagonally?). It's possible to throw your rear hand in a hook motion without squaring your feet up. Floyd does it with the exact same lower-body mechanics that he uses to throw his straight.

giphy.gif

floyd-right.gif

So he had boxing gloves on and scored a knockout with the casting punch.

It wasnt even the casting punch Fedor uses it was a floppy arm version of it like in that tutorial video.

He was a black boxer a southpaw, it was a long (rear hand) left hook and it landed like a back fist ie with the back of the knuckles even though it was a left hook.

He looks around middleweight or welterweight but thats a vague guess

Golovkin vs Rubio.
The final punch that sent him down.

Back