Any of you guys ever have crippling heart burn?

I almost always have heartburn. It’s mainlt from booze but also coffee and all the acidic shit I love. Actually drinking water with lemon has been helpful, and tums.

Easy fix.... Swallow a spoonful of baking soda then drink a glass of water. It neutralizes the acid

This is really bad advice. The way I understand it, the baking soda absolutely needs to be dissolved in water or it could cause you some serious problems. If you completely dissolved the baking soda in water, it does lower acidity. Just make sure and dissolve it all the way by stirring in water.

So I used to drink a ridiculous amount of booze. Around a 5th a day for years. For about a week now I have had the worst heart burn I've ever had. I've only been able to drink water and take a few bites of bread for the last three days. Tums helps for around two minutes then it comes right back

I've never tried any other heart burn meds but I'm not sure if it's even worth it at this point. I'm going to make a doctor's appointment tomorrow and see if it's something more serious. I legit feel like its cancer or some shit.

Can anyone relate? Any tips to help me get through the day? I'm over salivating like crazy also and having to spit a lot. It's pretty gross.
I had it bad for 2yrs. Only thing that stops it is NEXIUM or SOMAC which is prescribed by a doc.
I found out along way down the track that i have a sliding hernia in the esophagus.
One small tablet a day takes care of the issue.

I had it bad for 2yrs. Only thing that stops it is NEXIUM or SOMAC which is prescribed by a doc.
I found out along way down the track that i have a sliding hernia in the esophagus.
One small tablet a day takes care of the issue.

Yeah from what I've read nexium is what to get. I'm definitely gonna have to get some to tomorrow

it could also be your pancreas drinking is terrible for all the organs.

Tums can make chronic heartburn worse.

The best cure is diet change and life style change.

Sounds like a fat person disease
I suffered through it one time when I was high on BJJ and IF. So I was skinny af. It was my first (and last)time so I simply didn't know what to do. At around 6:30 am after a sleepless night, I've already had enough and went to find an open pharmacy to get some antacid. The girl on the counter recommended this:

images

Bought 4 and drank 2 of them at once. Heartburn disappeared in 3 mins.

it could also be your pancreas drinking is terrible for all the organs.
I've had acute pancreatitis and it is a bitch. Mine felt more like just being a really gassy feeling and not like a burning in my chest type of pain. I was also active in the local beer drinking contest circuit back then.

Neutralising it is only an immediate effect and wears off within hours for chronic symptoms.

PPI (proton pump inhibitors) prevent the final stage of acid secretion (long story). It might take >12 hours to kick in but you can buy it over the counter and use it for a few weeks. Omeprazole- no apt needed. Long term effects.

Any other symptoms goto doc.

I'm having some heartburn right now just had two slice of pizza, Ill get this when I eat trigger foods, usually thick doughy bred will cause heart burn or indigestion with me its why I avoid pastry and stuff like that

Only type of bread I can eat is soft white bread slices when I make sandwiches

I heard the best thing to do is to eat soups and avoid solids for at least a week to reset your gut microbiome, some guy on Rogans podcast suggested a good 5 to 7 days will help avoid any thing that is manufactured like chips, candy bars, donuts, canned goods etc

drink warm lemon or lime water, eat some natural made homemade soup from fresh made bone broth and add veggies to it

reduce fiber and eat like that for at least 5 to 7 days, once you do that you can slowly include solids

if you have an ulcer caused by H plyori bacteria you can kill it and heal the gut with cabbage juice, which is basically cabbage, apple and carrot in a juicer and drink that daily

Glutamine also helps heal the gut you have to get that Japanese glutamine though the good stuff that really works not that cheap shit.

Try eating a more alkaline diet, or lower the amount of acidic foods you eat, including water

I was once so convinced I was having a heart attack I called 911, turned out it was heartburn.

I woke up one morning hung over as fuck after a night of drinking craft beer. I had a bad pain in one part of my stomach. I started freaking out thinking my appendix was going to burst or something. After a few hours of the pain getting worse I started driving to the hospital. Then I let out a massive fart. And then another one. And then another one. Then I drove home.

Better yet, replace water with vinegar.
I could NEVER do that organic vinegar with the mother thing I tried a shot of it and it felt like it was burning a hole in my stomach and my throat was on fire it stung bad.

They say you are supposed to drink that on empty too when you wake up

how the hell can people do that without getting stomach pains or cramping I had to eat something few minutes later because it burned.

I did once after eating pickled super hot okra. It hurt so and I went home from work half way through the day. Would not reccomend.

I used to get heart burn all the time when I drank a lot. I have almost never gotten it since I stopped drinking.

I woke up one morning hung over as fuck after a night of drinking craft beer. I had a bad pain in one part of my stomach. I started freaking out thinking my appendix was going to burst or something. After a few hours of the pain getting worse I started driving to the hospital. Then I let out a massive fart. And then another one. And then another one. Then I drove home.
lol thats cramps

when gas builds up I hate that shit man especially when you eat something that doesn't sit well but usually a massive fart does the trick and it goes away or you have to take a dump.

Its a horrible feeling though I hate it.

Just got the hiccups for about half an hour. They got so bad they started to hurt worse and worse so I made myself puke.

lol thats cramps

when gas builds up I hate that shit man especially when you eat something that doesn't sit well but usually a massive fart does the trick and it goes away or you have to take a dump.

Its a horrible feeling though I hate it.
Gas for me is awful because for one reason or another its really difficult for me to burp. I probably fart twice as much as the normal person though

Back