any of you gamers suffered from RSI before?

Damage

~~~~~~~~~~~
@Brown
Reaction score
So basically i have a physically demanding job, i lift weights and i game alot which has over time put alot of pressure on my hands, wrists and forearms and a couple of weeks ago it got so bad that i had pain in both hands constantly even during the night.
I had to get sick leave from work for three weeks to recover and during that time i did nothing but watch TV shows and movies but man was that boring.

I started working full time this week and its been going reasonably well but i have to be extra careful when im lifting stuff and also i try to be use the PC as little as possible because i noticed that the pain starts coming back when im using the mouse and keyboard.

I have been talking to a doctor about this but i cant say i learned alot from what they had to say, i basically have to take it easy and do activities that dont cause pain but i kinda already knew.
Hopefully i can continue working without having the pain coming back but it sucks that i cant play games and train atm but there is cardio...

Have any of you guys suffered from Repetetive Strain Injury before? How long did it take for you to recover?

How about console gaming? A controller should feel better. I work at a pc so i can't come home and sit at a pc again. The controller on a ps4 feels better and is more comfortable for your hands imo than a mouse.

How about console gaming? A controller should feel better. I work at a pc so i can't come home and sit at a pc again. The controller on a ps4 feels better and is more comfortable for your hands imo than a mouse.
i have a xbox controller for my PC but at this point it doesnt help much im afraid

So basically i have a physically demanding job, i lift weights and i game alot which has over time put alot of pressure on my hands, wrists and forearms and a couple of weeks ago it got so bad that i had pain in both hands constantly even during the night.
I had to get sick leave from work for three weeks to recover and during that time i did nothing but watch TV shows and movies but man was that boring.

I started working full time this week and its been going reasonably well but i have to be extra careful when im lifting stuff and also i try to be use the PC as little as possible because i noticed that the pain starts coming back when im using the mouse and keyboard.

I have been talking to a doctor about this but i cant say i learned alot from what they had to say, i basically have to take it easy and do activities that dont cause pain but i kinda already knew.
Hopefully i can continue working without having the pain coming back but it sucks that i cant play games and train atm but there is cardio...

Have any of you guys suffered from Repetetive Strain Injury before? How long did it take for you to recover?

Do you take any joint supplements?

Trace Minerals is a stellar brand of Glucosamine.

Fish oil is also good for your joints. Mind you, one NEEDS a good quality brand such as Nordic Naturals:

Also, are you making sure to be properly hydrated? Purified water is...vital.

Do you maintain good posture at work and while sitting? This is basic, but good posture can be sooo important.

In terms of inferred pain that radiates to your hands, (conversely, it may actually be Carpal Tunnel issues for all I know, which wouldn't be "inferred", as that is mainly a wrist/nerve problem) have you ever used Dynaflex balls? The muscle confusion they offer can be really good for various kinds of hand problems stemming from over-repetition.

In closing, I know what it's like to pump the brakes at times due to injuries, and...it fucking sucks, but as long as your nutrition is relatively on point, then...be fucking patient, and give yourself props for respecting your body. You mentioned cardio, and whatever you can do without making things worse is good.

Maybe you should turn your attention towards things such as core strengthening exercises?

Oh, and if you tell me a bit about your symptoms specifically, I may be able to offer more targeted advice.

Cheers!

Yep. I now have tendonitis in 3 different tendons in my dominant arm from work. The first year I could barely game at all, couldn't play my guitars.. it was very depressing. It's gotten better for me through gradual strength and muscle building as well as a couple initial cortisone shots. I can game comfortably now as well as play my guitars again.

Do you take any joint supplements?

Trace Minerals is a stellar brand of Glucosamine.

Fish oil is also good for your joints. Mind you, one NEEDS a good quality brand such as Nordic Naturals:

Also, are you making sure to be properly hydrated? Purified water is...vital.

Do you maintain good posture at work and while sitting? This is basic, but good posture can be sooo important.

In terms of inferred pain that radiates to your hands, (conversely, it may actually be Carpal Tunnel issues for all I know, which wouldn't be "inferred", as that is mainly a wrist/nerve problem) have you ever used Dynaflex balls? The muscle confusion they offer can be really good for various kinds of hand problems stemming from over-repetition.

In closing, I know what it's like to pump the brakes at times due to injuries, and...it fucking sucks, but as long as your nutrition is relatively on point, then...be fucking patient, and give yourself props for respecting your body. You mentioned cardio, and whatever you can do without making things worse is good.

Maybe you should turn your attention towards things such as core strengthening exercises?

Oh, and if you tell me a bit about your symptoms specifically, I may be able to offer more targeted advice.

Cheers!
In terms of supplements ive been taking fish oil daily and sometimes a magnesium/zinc capsule to help relax the muscles. I havent tried trace minerals so ill have to look that up.

I eat fairly healthy and stay hydrated throughout the day most of the time atleast.
My doctor didnt think it is carpal tunnel because i dont suffer the same symtoms(tingling feeling in thumb and littlefinger) but i do have pain in the area just under the palm when i use the mouse or lift heavy.
I also have pain above the wrists and i guess its from flexing the hands upward when typing and using the mouse and sometimes that pain streches to both forearms.

I have rubberbands at home that i use to do some rehab exercises and i use a ambidextrous mouse that can be adjusted upwards so you have a more vertical grip on the mouse and that helps but i still cant have long gaming sessions with it. I do need to get me one of those dynaflex balls tho.

In hindsight i should have used wrist straps more when doing pulling movements with the barbell even if it was not heavy, something i need to consider once im back in the gym.

Cardio is something i hate doing but it will help me recover from my injuries a little bit faster.

TS, you should try Glucosamine + Chondroitine + MSM. I have shitty knees, and this stuff does help.

TS, you should try Glucosamine + Chondroitine + MSM. I have shitty knees, and this stuff does help.
i wasnt aware of these supplements, i will give it a try, thanks !

As I stated prior, Trace Minerals is a good brand for joint health.
Maybe. We dont have this brand in Russia. However it is important to take all 3 components. Also doses matter - taking say 200 mg glucosamine a day wont do much.

Looks good. Contens and doses are on point. The only downside I see is you have to refrigerate it after opening.

Regardless, one needs a GOOD QUALITY BRAND when purchasing things such as joint supplements and fish oil.

To reiterate what I said about fish oil, Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega is quite good.

do you recon its better to buy it in liquid form or pills?

Good question.

As far as I know, liquid form is better absorbed, but I have not done a lot of research about it yet.

Sounds like you're into territory where you need Cortisone shots.

Otherwise it will take years.

Back