Any Jon Jones haters turned into fans this week?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just curious to see how many of Jon’s critics/haters decided to take the high road this week and eat some delicious crow.

Furthermore, after eating this crow, are any of you new or revived fans of the GOAT Jon “Bones” Jones?

1DFACE84-A3B3-4DD0-AD9C-5C1173B46981.jpeg
Innocence always prevails.

Eat crow for what? USADA and UFC corruption?
Fuck off.

I was about the let bygones be bygones and accept him as he is, but then I heard about the snitch thing. I'm done with Jones.

Just curious to see how many of Jon’s critics/haters decided to take the high road this week and eat some delicious crow.

Furthermore, after eating this crow, are any of you new or revived fans of the GOAT Jon “Bones” Jones?

Innocence always prevails.

Im not sure why there should be crow eating.

ultimately he was given a 45 month suspension for his positive test.

He has been given a 30 month credit for working with USADA uncovering other doping cases, but if he fails to co-operate going forward then that 30 months get returned.

That said, If Jon is genuine about wanting to clean up the sport, is doing it for the right reasons, and his evidence leads to a number of sanctions or proceedings, then he has my support.

For now though the jury is out.

I was never a hater nor a big fan. Just dissapointed in his inability to stay clear of all the bullshit. I hope he keeps it together from here on out, because the fights always delivered.

I don't like Jones but I do appreciate his skills and continue to watch him fight.

I've been rooting against him hard since the Rashad fight though.

He has been given a 30 month credit for working with USADA uncovering other doping cases, but if he fails to co-operate going forward then that 30 months get returned.

That said, If Jon is genuine about wanting to clean up the sport, is doing it for the right reasons, and his evidence leads to a number of sanctions or proceedings, then he has my support.

I am not sure how JBJ fans are considering this such a win, besides the one fcat he gets to fight sooner rather than later I guess.

I hated him a long time ago because he 1) wrecked a beautiful Bentley (same model and color combination I'd get if I had the money), and 2) beat Shogun. But I've since matured and come to terms with those events.

Free from the mental poison that is hate, I have grown into a big fan of Bones. KO'ing DC in his comeback to take back what was rightfully his was amazing and things were looking up at LHW for a while until this USADA nonsense started up again.

“There’s no way Jon gets anything less than 4 years” -You in 143 different threads in the last year

Jones gets 15 months.
Here you go, bud.
4B3D66DA-FF99-4264-8FC1-F72BBF26D0C1.jpeg

I'm not anymore of a fan now that I found out he snitched on people just to void his own mistake and get time reduced

amazing martial artist but can't be a fan of him anymore with all the extra shit

“There’s no way Jon gets anything less than 4 years” -You in 143 different threads in the last year

Jones gets 15 months.
Here you go, bud.

Did you not read what I said. What he has actually got is 45 months. But 30 months of it is suspended due to his cooperation which is expected to be "ongoing"

Its like someone gets a 4 year jail sentence but 3 years of it is suspended. .its still a 4 year jail sentence.

Jones got 45 months for the actual offence.

30 months of it is suspended.

If he fails to cooperate going forward, or if his evidence fails to bring sanctions or proceedings against other persons then USADA can at any time reimpose all or part of that 30 months, and he has agreed to that in arbitration. that 30 months can get tagged back on at any point if he stops working with USADA or his evidence results in no charges against others.

He has as USADA put it "A continuing duty of cooperation"

If you really think that Jones got off, that the 30 month suspension hanging over his head if he fails to bring forward evidence of others doping is a win, then ok..

Jones gets 15 months.
Here you go, bud.
View attachment 439671

Doug Dimmadome clearly missed something in the USADA rules and he missed the part if you are willing to be a genuine good person and help USADA clean up the sport by passing on valuable information then you would be qualified for a reduced sentence.

But 2021

MZ1KONt.gif

Jones gets 15 months.
Here you go, bud.
View attachment 439671

Why should he eat Crow? @dimspace seemed to hold off on making a judgement until USADA gave their result and in all honesty gave a very reasonable stance, in holding off until USADA made there decision. He played devils advocate to assumptions we made * even though we ended up being right *, but i wouldn't say @dimspace ever took a definitive position to where he has to eat crow.

Doug Dimmadome clearly missed something in the USADA rules and he missed the part if you are willing to be a genuine good person and help USADA clean up the sport by passing on valuable information then you would be qualified for a reduced sentence.

But 2021

MZ1KONt.gif

i didnt miss it. i made multple posts about the possibility of "substantial assistance"

but, like everyone else, i didnt foresee that Jones would actually go that route. I thought the team nature, the closeness of gyms etc was such that nobody would go that route.

in fact, if you look here, in the "how long will jones be suspended for" thread

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/134306647/

I went into great detail what the options were including the potential for reduction for "substantial assistance"

I also detailed it here

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/143678955/

but, as I say, like everyone else, I really didnt consider that Jones would go that route. I dont think anyone really predicted that.

In retrospect, its classic fucking textbook jones..

Did you not read what I said. What he has actually got is 45 months. But 30 months of it is suspended due to his cooperation which is expected to be "ongoing"

Its like someone gets a 4 year jail sentence but 3 years of it is suspended. .its still a 4 year jail sentence.

Jones got 45 months for the actual offence.

30 months of it is suspended.

If he fails to cooperate going forward, or if his evidence fails to bring sanctions or proceedings against other persons then USADA can at any time reimpose all or part of that 30 months, and he has agreed to that in arbitration. that 30 months can get tagged back on at any point if he stops working with USADA or his evidence results in no charges against others.

He has as USADA put it "A continuing duty of cooperation"

So if I bought something that is regularly 1000$ reduced to 100$ is the price still 1000$ with 900$ simply being suspended?

So if I bought something that is regularly 1000$ reduced to 100$ is the price still 1000$ with 900$ simply being suspended?

No, because the reduction to $100 would be permanent.

If it was $1000, reduced to $100. but with a condition that at any point the seller could demand the additional $900 from you, that would be a fair comparison.

but would you honestly purchase something that came with those terms.

that really is such a stupid example

the exact comparison is a suspended prison sentence. He has been suspended for 45 months, but 30 months of it is suspended and conditional on him providing evidence to usada that results in convictions against other persons. If he fails to do that on an "ongoing basis" then the 30 months is reinstated without any need for arbitration or appeal.

Back