any ideas for motivation to keep up with a workout routine?

mmaelitefan000

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
lately i've been hit with procrastination, you know the good old "ill do it on days when i don't feel too tired" or i'll do it tommorrow. what works for me when i don't feel like working out (running,lifting, hitting the bag) is i drink lots of water the night before so i could flush out my body and be well hydrated the next day. mentally i tell myself that i have to treat my workouts like my life depended on it meaning exactly that. i brainwash myself that im in a situation where i was being chased by hungry lions and i'd have to complete my workout to escape death.

Last edited:
Motivation is hard to keep up.

Watch this vid:

-Try and get a partner.
-Set a goal(5k, pool party, bb contest, etc)
-Make that goal well-known to your family and friends that way you're held accountable. You don't want to look like a retard to everyone and everyone will think you're a failure.

go hang out in the strength and conditioning sub forum

Go to the beach and take off your shirt.
If you don't have a girl hitting on you within 5 minutes, get back to the gym.

I'm lazy as hell and have zero motivation to work out. Thankfully I'm not fat at all due to the fact I dont eat horribly.

Last edited:
Just look at all the fat people walking around and remember you don't want to turn into them.

Pussy. And how much you will get when you're yoked like a muthafucka.

Pussy. And how much you will get when you're yoked like a muthafucka.
Is this really true though? I though they did studies that found chicks were more into the Ryan Gosling body than the Zac Efron.

Anyway, not being a fatass is usually motivation enough for me. Some days you're just not feeling it. No shame in that.

Im lazy too, it sucks im not fat but when it comes to working out i cant be consistent ill work out one day and the rest to recover and the lose motivation.

My friend was skinny and said he had health issues from eating bad fast foods and junk like constipation and high blood pressure so he decided to change his diet and workout with weights three days a week with cardio every day for his heart, and walking and sitting with his back straight instead of slouching, he said it took a few months before he saw a difference, the problem he said is people want instant results, he said after two months his constipation went away and his blood pressure began lowering as well, it takes time your body is not going to do a drastic change quickly when you eat healthy and workout your body will slow change after years of damage from sedentary and bad diet. Now after a year and half he looks better his face is leaner and his posture is better and he has leaner muscle mass, compared to the skinny fat body.

He motivates me but im going through depression and stress over job and finances which makes it hard to workout.

Biggest thing for me was tracking progress. I use an app called Progression and it tracks my workouts. Seeing lifts increase or weight drop is a big motivator. Also, every time you think about missing a workout...consider how stupid your excuse may sound. Sure there are good reasons to miss a workout, but it's pretty rare that I can justify it these days.

Signup for a competition of some sorts.

Fear of doing lousy will motivate you.

Unless you're a slacker.

47c870e92da7a709b892e65e677ce15c.gif

Look at the mirror and start insulting yourself works for me

If you need motivation don't even bother. You'll just end up quitting anyways. Just stay fat.

Is this really true though? I though they did studies that found chicks were more into the Ryan Gosling body than the Zac Efron.

Anyway, not being a fatass is usually motivation enough for me. Some days you're just not feeling it. No shame in that.
I was just joking. I honestly believe most girls do not care about how the body looks. I'm pretty built with a decent face, but my personality is borderline autistic so all the muscles in the world aren't very useful to me.

Fuck motivation, learn discipline. If you want to achieve a goal do what you need to do every fucking day and stop making excuses. You're not also going to be super happy and motivated to go in and crush it, but you have to do it anyway.

Set a program, then every day do what is layed out on your program. That's it. Or be fat.

Even Gosling's body is better than 90% of men out there.

Just go to the beach or a water park sometime. Nothing but fatbodies everywhere. If you're at a point where you're deciding between Gosling and Efron, you're way, way, way ahead of the game.

I've found watching episodes of 'My 600 pound life' is more than enough to hit the workout everyday. The reality is that you either love the feeling of having a six pack or the feeling of eating a pizza. But you sure as shit can't have both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back