Any Guns n roses fans. What do you think of the new songs?

forum poster

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm so bummed that Axls voice these days is pretty shocking. He can still bust out his rasp in short bursts so I'm sure he could record new music with his voice close to his peak.

Anyway GNR have released 3 new songs over the last few years. Absurb, Hardskool and Perhaps. Absurb sucked but the others were great imo.

Also there's a mystery song called The General which is supposed to be a sort of sequal to estranged that's getting released late this year.

Absurb

Hard skool

Perhaps

Fan since 91. Hard skool is surprisingly good. The other two included I could take or leave. They will never get that lightning back in the bottle though.

Fan since 91. Hard skool is surprisingly good. The other two included I could take or leave. They will never get that lightning back in the bottle though.
I think it rocks too. have you heard the OG that got leaked? Pretty hard to find but it's a great track. It was written/recorded in the late 90's. It would have been great to see axl do it live back then as he really strugles with it live nowadays.

I think it rocks too. have you heard the OG that got leaked? Pretty hard to find but it's a great track. It was written/recorded in the late 90's. It would have been great to see axl do it live back then as he really strugles with it live nowadays.
No I have not. Your post was the first time I heard these tracks. Will look for it now though.

Yeah I last saw them in 05, and then his voice was sketch. Time is a thief.

No I have not. Your post was the first time I heard these tracks. Will look for it now though.

Yeah I last saw them in 05, and then his voice was sketch. Time is a thief.
man you just missed prime axl by a year. Early 2000's everyone was saying his voice was gone and it seemed that way after his shocking appearance on fallon in 2002, but in 2006 he was absolutely KILLING it. people were speculating he had throat surgery or something, cause from 2006 to 2010 he was on fire.

man you just missed prime axl by a year. Early 2000's everyone was saying his voice was gone and it seemed that way after his shocking appearance on fallon in 2002, but in 2006 he was absolutely KILLING it. people were speculating he had throat surgery or something, cause from 2006 to 2010 he was on fire.
Possible. He wasn’t bad bad or anything. Just couldn’t keep it up the entire show it seemed. And tbh, I loved the show. Him and Sebastian Bach, who was on the bill, sung My Michelle together and blew the roof off the joint. Now Sebastian that night… He didn’t miss a fucking beat! He was absolutely brilliant that night.

Possible. He wasn’t bad bad or anything. Just couldn’t keep it up the entire show it seemed. And tbh, I loved the show. Him and Sebastian Bach, who was on the bill, sung My Michelle together and blew the roof off the joint. Now Sebastian that night… He didn’t miss a fucking beat! He was absolutely brilliant that night.
nice. I was going to see them in Australia last year but it was too long of a drive and ticket prices weren't cheap plus I had to work. Add in axl being passed his prime and I ended up skipping it. still would have been a good experience though

I'm so bummed that Axls voice these days is pretty shocking. He can still bust out his rasp in short bursts so I'm sure he could record new music with his voice close to his peak.

Anyway GNR have released 3 new songs over the last few years. Absurb, Hardskool and Perhaps. Absurb sucked but the others were great imo.

Also there's a mystery song called The General which is supposed to be a sort of sequal to estranged that's getting released late this year.

Absurb

Hard skool

Perhaps

G N R faded out a little for me, but simply coz I didn't listen to any of their later stuff.....will need to catch up on these guys :). Thx for the heads up.

Like all of them. Saw Axl and the Hired Guns twice and both times it was an amazing show. Axl's voice had changed but that's the case for most people when you compare their voice when they're 20 as opposed to when they're in their fifties.

Chinese Democracy is one of the most underrated records in rock history. People are going to knock everything they do cause it isn't Appetite, the same will go for any new music they put out.

Of the 3 songs in the starting post up here, I like Hard Skool and Perhaps the most. Absurd is very diff from any of their former stuff, but it didn't wimp out , even though I'm sure it's the one the haters love to hate :):):)

Like all of them. Saw Axl and the Hired Guns twice and both times it was an amazing show. Axl's voice had changed but that's the case for most people when you compare their voice when they're 20 as opposed to when they're in their fifties.

Chinese Democracy is one of the most underrated records in rock history personally. People are going to knock everything they do cause it isn't Appetite, the same will go for any new music they put out.
Chinese democracy is a personally favourite for me 2. I really got into GNR around 2006 so I was so excited for Chinese democrcy and got to hear it all for the first time. unlike most GNR fans having to almost 20 years for! Although the whole album could have been released in the early 2000's there was a bunch of drama that prevented it. Chinese was supposed to be 3 albums apparantly so we're getting bits and pieces of it now with a bit of reworking from slash and duff.

Also the General was performed live for the first time yesterday. I'm kind of bummed I didn't get to hear the studio cut in good quality first.

Of the 3 songs in the starting post up here, I like Hard Skool and Perhaps the most. Absurd is very diff from any of their former stuff, but it didn't wimp out , even though I'm sure it's the one the haters love to hate :):):)

Remember when people first heard this one? They were running out of their houses, lighting fires and jumping up and down on cars.

Remember when people first heard this one? They were running out of their houses, lighting fires and jumping up and down on cars.

I had removed it from my mind, if I had ever heard it in the first place.....it might very well be the one haters love to hate.

Absurb

Hard skool

Perhaps

GnR headlined the first concert I went to. Had no idea they were still making new songs. Only about 26 years too late.

Chinese democracy is a personally favourite for me 2. I really got into GNR around 2006 so I was so excited for Chinese democrcy and got to hear it all for the first time. unlike most GNR fans having to almost 20 years for! Although the whole album could have been released in the early 2000's there was a bunch of drama that prevented it. Chinese was supposed to be 3 albums apparantly so we're getting bits and pieces of it now with a bit of reworking from slash and duff.

Also the General was performed live for the first time yesterday. I'm kind of bummed I didn't get to hear the studio cut in good quality first.

I like The General, considering this is phone audio footage we're hearing. Need a Rose/Caram produced studio version.

Btw, everybody grows older but Duff. That man is in the best shape of his life.

Back