Any Fighters Today Using Bas's Palm Strikes

Nobody within 100 miles messes with me anymore because I've beaten down every man who's ever tried with just palm strikes. :cool:

Well, they never teach me palm strikes in Judo or Muay Thai (we use elbows...) ;)

True. And that is perfectly fine but, I wouldn't dismiss a technique I did not know about through ignorance. I would just learn and incorporate a new technique. Sounds like common sense.

I will take Bas' word over yours any day. There are women in Kung Fu that would drop you with a palm strike.

There are also women that do Kung Fu that I could drop with Muay Thai elbows.

<Fedor23>

I'm fully aware of what a palm strike is and that the heel of the palm is a hard point on the body. Seems like you're the closed minded one if you can't accept elbows as an alternative.

For what it's worth, Bas also he'd never throw a jab...he would just walk through them and through a bomb. Everyone has their preferences.

Gloves are worn in MMA due to backwards societal norms. This is quickly changing, and I predict that all fighters will, one day, fight with only their bare fists.

Disappointed it took three pages for a stockton slap vid/gif to show up.

It’s more or less to protect your knuckles in bare knuckle situation

So given wrapping is allowed plus 5 ounce gloves there’s fewer reasons to do it

Maybe if you’re on your back, it may be more comfortable to palm strike for example

Please don't forget that Bas, aside from that semi-rigged, limited fighting organization, also taught self-defense. There's absolutely no reason to palm strike if you're wrapped and gloved. It's effective because it's not that significant of a loss in power or reach to protect your hand.
That's it
Bas used them as it didnt hurt his hands. And it is effective
Bas put takashi in hospital

lc6rZQk.gif

Rory Mac used palm strikes as GnP on Mike Pyle right before finishing him, or if he actually finished him with them.. can't remember right now

A gloved fist give you another few inches of reach. No benefit, besides a stiff wrist taping would make it harder to do.

People used to fight bareknuckled back in the days for rounds and rounds. They didn't head hunt as much from what I've read.

Even ancient greeks wrapped their hands for protection 2500years ago from linen up to leather protection.

Bareknuckle is just dumb.

Please don't forget that Bas, aside from that semi-rigged, limited fighting organization, also taught self-defense. There's absolutely no reason to palm strike if you're wrapped and gloved. It's effective because it's not that significant of a loss in power or reach to protect your hand.

Problem with palm strikes is If you dont have pinpoint accuracy you can easily break your wrist. Bas imo was the only one using them as ko wespons but his were truly terrifying.

Back