Any Fighters Today Using Bas's Palm Strikes

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone out right now. Bas always said its the most effect strike but other than the Diaz slap I cant think of anyone using Bas's palm strikes.

Restrictive fight format, rigged.

Don't think about it too much.

I used to use them for shit like board breaking lol

Yes Jon Jones uses teh palm strike with his fingers first.

These days they have gloves and hands taped up so much that it's like a frigging club, so it doesn't make much sense to palm strike. If the UFC dropped gloves I guarantee most people would start palm striking.

I used a couple the other day on a jar of pickles... wasn't effective.
Had to go with the butter knife after.

Thiago Silva used some when he was drumming on/ beating the fuck out of Brandon Vera

He only used palm strikes as punches were not allowed. Different rule set.

Many fighters use palm strikes
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

It's called Chinese Kung Fu
giphy.gif

A lot of fighters use his other famous move

66471562.jpg

The hand of Doom...

arlovskispanked.gif

These days they have gloves and hands taped up so much that it's like a frigging club, so it doesn't make much sense to palm strike. If the UFC dropped gloves I guarantee most people would start palm striking.
But they wouldn't, because that's ridiculous....

Outside of Pancrase, palm strikes were never commonplace. Early UFC, Vale Tudo, etc, had numerous proficient strikers that threw closed fist strikes without gloves. Marco Ruas, Chuck Liddell, Pele, Gary Goodridge, and plenty of other HEAVY handed dudes threw full power punches without the use of gloves. While broken hands would occur in higher numbers, it wouldn't be enough to deter them from throwing closed fist.

Palm strikes have their place, typically ear claps and such in a tight guard, but don't drink the TMA koolaid.

they DEF should use it on GNP

they fuckin up

only on the bottom of a ketchup bottle. Fucking Heinz

Standing palm strikes would be rather useless. Less power and less reach.

The trick is to upper palm thrust your enemy's nose so it breaks off and punctures their brain.

Back