Any fans of Gripping?

I have small sissy hands and can only close the CoC #2, but I can rep out 405 double overhand without issue. I never understood how guys with stronger grip than me need to switch to over/under for 3 plates.

My DOH max is probably about 315, I have closed a #2 with my right hand. It doesn't seem to have any carryover to gripping a bar that wants to roll out of my hands.

I play with the grip stuff but I'm not very serious about it. I have a few CoCs that are in my desk at work and I do sme rope climb stuff and towel pullups.

I used to rock climb but not any more.

I can easily rep 50 on the #1 CoC, more an endurance issue than grip really. Usually have to do some towel work after.

Gripping? Sometimes, generally no. Grip strength / fingers / forearms? Yes

5021-029_AST04_view1_720x720.jpg

wtf is that?

wtf is that?

Hangboard

A tool used to strengthen grip/fingers/forearm endurance for climbers.
A variety of edges/slopers/jugs to hang from depending on what you are working on.

Super useful for bringing your climbing to a high level.

Hangboard

A tool used to strengthen grip/fingers/forearm endurance for climbers.
A variety of edges/slopers/jugs to hang from depending on what you are working on.

Super useful for bringing your climbing to a high level.

oh, ok. cool

My friend back home turned his garage into a bouldering cave. It was pretty sweet. That dude had some serious grip.

If you have access to a broom with long brush on bottom it can be used for building individual finger strength. Simply take you r hand and hold the top of the broom of the ground and walk the broom upwards with just your fingers ,if done current the broom handle will be going upwards towards the ceiling , You want to reach the bristle .

This is not as easy as it sounds a very awkward motion that also requires balance . Once you get the motion down and get used to the burning in fingers and forearms you can add weight to the stick itself such as 5 pounds weights or even tapes roles that rest on the bristle for added resistance and dead weight. I usd this for armwresting ..... it works and is a great gripping tool.

Last edited:
If you have access to a broom with long brush on bottom it can be used for building individual finger strength. Simply take you r hand and hold the top of the broom of the ground and walk the broom upwards with just your fingers ,if done current the broom handle will be going upwards towards the ceiling , You want to reach the bristle .

This is not as easy as it sounds a very awkward motion that also requires balance . Once you get the motion down and get used to the burning in fingers and forearms you can add weight to the stick itself such as 5 pounds weights or even tapes roles that rest on the bristle for added resistance and dead weight. I usd this for armwresting ..... it works and is a great gripping tool.
Sort of visualizing this. You wouldn't happen to have a video?

Back