Any coin collectors on Sherdog?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Ive been slowly buying gold/silver/platinum coins for a few years now. I would really like to get into collecting ancient coins but am too scared as I don't know enough about them. Anyone have experience buying them?

Anyway here are a few I've picked up recently
download-8.jpg enu-1-oz-Gold-Canadian-Maple-Leaf-Coin-9999-3110-40000-2.jpg
images-210.jpg

Here's some examples of what is like to start collecting
images-115.jpg
s-l225-1.jpg
images-201.jpg

Last edited:
2XvCgau.png

Ive been collecting coins only because Im broke and need to save up to buy a rope to hang myself.

Ive been slowly buying gold/silver/platinum coins for a few years now. I would really like to get into collecting ancient coins but am too scared as I don't know enough about them. Anyone have experience buying them?

View attachment 371577 View attachment 371579
View attachment 371585

I have a fee coins and Bars. Mainly silver buy a few factional gold eagles. I have the spider from AUS in the pic and carried it for about a yr as a pocket coin but went back to a .50 cent piece.

I've got some WW1 through WW2 era coins, the odd silver collector's cooin here and there, not much.

When my daughter started losing her first baby teeth I decided get her silver coins for each one. The first one was a disney princess coin. Since then its been random 1oz silver bullion coins, I try to find a different type for each tooth.

I have a fee coins and Bars. Mainly silver buy a few factional gold eagles. I have the spider from AUS in the pic and carried it for about a yr as a pocket coin but went back to a .50 cent piece.
The spiders awesome. Australia has some of the best lookong coins imo. I have a few.others from that series too

I've got a ton of coins from 1790 to 1850... they're pretty cool. That's what I consider collecting.

Silver and gold are for investing. I also have a gold Maple Leaf like you have and a ton of silver coins including the 5 oz series which are super cool.

I have a penny from every year Canada made pennies.

I've got a ton of coins from 1790 to 1850... they're pretty cool. That's what I consider collecting.

Silver and gold are for investing. I also have a gold Maple Leaf like you have and a ton of silver coins including the 5 oz series which are super cool.
United States coins?

I just got the maple leaf today in exchange for a gun. That's what inspired the thread. I have a few 1oz gold bars but the coins are so much cooler

United States coins?

I just got the maple leaf today in exchange for a gun. That's what inspired the thread. I have a few 1oz gold bars but the coins are so much cooler
What was the gun?

What was the gun?
DPMS Ar-10. It was my friend's originally. He needed money so I gave him an ounce of gold for it. He bought it back today. He had put a lot of work into it

DPMS Ar-10. It was my friend's originally. He needed money so I gave him an ounce of gold for it. He bought it back today. He had put a lot of work into it
I dig the idea of barter metal.

I dig the idea of barter metal.
A lot of people I know into guns are into precious metals too. I guess it's the whole prepper mentality. I always end up buying something from the coin guy at the gun shows

A lot of people I know into guns are into precious metals too. I guess it's the whole prepper mentality. I always end up buying something from the coin guy at the gun shows
There was a prepper show in Niagara falls a few years ago, they accepted silver instead of cash/credit for entry.

United States coins?

Yeah... US coins.

View attachment 371577 View attachment 371579
View attachment 371585

Here's some examples of what is like to start collecting
View attachment 371587
View attachment 371589
View attachment 371591

Those Canadian gold coins are beautiful, and worth a lot. Nice job. Would love to have a couple. Those Canadian leaf bullion are some of my favorite. I have a stack of 20 of 2011 silver. It's cheap now, but I like silver and have a couple gs worth. It's fun to collect silver.

My son has about 50k worth of old coins coming to him from my dad, who was willed it from his dad. Lots of 1700's stuff with some silver and gold.

I also have some cool country sets from the 50's-70's. Not very valuable yet, but I like them.

Those Canadian gold coins are beautiful, and worth a lot. Nice job. Would love to have a couple. Those Canadian leaf bullion are some of my favorite. I have a stack of 20 of 2011 silver. It's cheap now, but I like silver and have a couple gs worth. It's fun to collect silver.

My son has about 50k worth of old coins coming to him from my dad, who was willed it from his dad. Lots of 1700's stuff with some silver and gold.

I also have some cool country sets from the 50's-70's. Not very valuable yet, but I like them.
I have a few 100oz silver bars but coins are a lot better. You can trade in as many as.you like where bars are one shot. Might cash them in for coins

Back