Any boxers today that have the intimidation factor that Tyson had?

I knew someone would say Golovkin.

no, Golovkin doesn't come close. Take a look at Spinks' face before he fought Tyson, thats the look of a man on his way to the gas chamber.
I forget the reporters name but someone asked Spinks if he was worried about the weigh in and Mike's size advantage. He responded that he wasn't worried about the weigh in he was worried about the way out.

Butch Lewis also mentioned how he was afraid for Spinks after going to Tyson's locker room for the wrapping and watched him punch holes in the wall. The look on his face probably zapped what was left of the life in Spinks when he went back to his dressing room.

I knew someone would say Golovkin.

no, Golovkin doesn't come close. Take a look at Spinks' face before he fought Tyson, thats the look of a man on his way to the gas chamber.

Frank Bruno had that same look in his first fight with Tyson on his ring walk. The fight was lost before he'd even stepped foot in the ring

It's a different kind of fear, but Lomachenkos opponents all seem rather dejected before they even fight him. It's not like with Tyson where it was fear of getting knocked the fuck out, but it's a kind of 'what's the point in this, I'm not going to land a glove on this guy and I'm about to look really stupid' sort of thing.

It must be pretty devastating, having dedicated your whole life to a sport, getting to the top level and knowing that, despite all that hard work, you're about to be embarrassed.

Back