Anti Trump Evangelicals

44nutman

The Original Nut of Sherdog
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/us/anti-trump-evangelicals-lynchburg.html

Finally a preacher who lives his life like Jesus. The current crop of Televangelists are more concerned about the color of the leather seats in their G-6's or who is going to cut the grass for their 4 million dollar houses. Basically opposite of Jesus' teachings.
The right has taken granted of the votes of Christians for so long. What have they done, I mean abortion has been legal since the 70's. They pay lip service, use dog whistles and even the Cafeteria Christians will convince themselves Trump is a man of God!.
Trump a man of God.
<{Heymansnicker}>
I find it funny
Shane Claiborne came to town to preach at a Christian revival, he received a letter from the chief of police at Liberty University warning that if he set foot on the property, he would be arrested for trespassing and face up to 12 months in jail and a $2,500 fine.

Jerry Falwell Jr is a bigger hypocrite than his piece of shit father, but can have serial liar and adulterer Trump wave around a bible to get the Christian Rubes votes.
giphy.gif

As some one who was raised in a Baptist family I could not agree more with this statement.
There is another Gospel in our country right now, and it is the Gospel of Trump,” Mr. Claiborne preached at the revival in his Tennessee drawl. “It doesn’t look much like the Gospel of Jesus

Wow, a evangelical with actual principles, what's next a herd of unicorns?

I know some Christians voted Trump precisely because the gop barely pay them lip service these days. It was a rejection of both parties.

Wow, a evangelical with actual principles, what's next a herd of unicorns?

I don't think I've ever of anyone accuse evangelicals of not having principles, or do you confuse principles with sharing your opinion?

STOP THE PRESSES. SOMEONE HAS AN OPINION ON TRUMP!
So you don't have a problem with so called Christian leaders, like Liberty University doing everything in their power to silence a fellow preacher who is just pointing out that Jesus should come first.
I guess rustling liberals is more important than the Gospel.

So you don't have a problem with so called Christian leaders, like Liberty University doing everything in their power to silence a fellow preacher who is just pointing out that Jesus should come first.
I guess rustling liberals is more important than the Gospel.

I believe in rustling liberals, I don't believe in the Gospel.

I don't think I've ever of anyone accuse evangelicals of not having principles, or do you confuse principles with sharing your opinion?
They sure proved it by voting for the least "Christian" person possible.

Any port in a storm and all, but when Christians don't support him because he's not genuinely a religious extremist, I don't count them as an ally.

Shane Claiborne is less a preacher and more of a community organizer/agitator and protestor. He and his group of self proclaimed "Red Letter Christians" say they are Christians but their whole focus is on promoting Cultural Marxism and Leftist Policies. They don't believe that the Bible is even the Word of God. They only believe the red letters of the Bible and not the rest of it. They promote homosexuality and LGBTQ agendas, gun bans, and other Marxist politics. That is their goal.

Claiborne and the Red Letter "Christians" are basically Marxists. And I doubt they could even tell you what the Gospel is.

I know some Christians voted Trump precisely because the gop barely pay them lip service these days. It was a rejection of both parties.

I have a hard time believing how many rejection of both sides votes there actually were considering the aftermath.

As a country, we didn't really follow up with the "we hate you both movement", if indeed it was ever the sentiment.

And all we got out of it is Trump. Ugh.

Shane Claiborne is less a preacher and more of a community organizer/agitator and protestor. He and his group of self proclaimed "Red Letter Christians" say they are Christians but their whole focus is on promoting Cultural Marxism and Leftist Policies. They don't believe that the Bible is even the Word of God. They only believe the red letters of the Bible and not the rest of it. They promote homosexuality and LGBTQ agendas, gun bans, and other Marxist politics. That is their goal.

Claiborne and the Red Letter "Christians" are basically Marxists. And I doubt they could even tell you what the Gospel is.

I figured it would be something like this

I have a hard time believing how many rejection of both sides votes there actually were considering the aftermath.

As a country, we didn't really follow up with the "we hate you both movement", if indeed it was ever the sentiment.

And all we got out of it is Trump. Ugh.

Right or wrong, some Christians saw Trump as the political outsider, never having been in politics and even refusing to pledge allegiance to the gop, the only nominee to do so.

Christians are in a tough spot when it comes to voting, I don't understand why do many people try to make it seem like it's obvious Christians should vote Democrat, I don't think that's obvious.

Right or wrong, some Christians saw Trump as the political outsider, never having been in politics and even refusing to pledge allegiance to the gop, the only nominee to do so.

Christians are in a tough spot when it comes to voting, I don't understand why do many people try to make it seem like it's obvious Christians should vote Democrat, I don't think that's obvious.

I think we're all in a tough spot when it comes to voting

Between Trump and Roy Moore, "Evangelicals" have cemented their place as a laughing stock that deserve all the condescension, derision, and scorn they receive from intelligent people. I know they are a force in American politics insofar as they vote, but that doesn't mean they deserve a seat at the table when it comes to actual policymaking.

And to be clear, I don't mean Trump as in the president, I mean Trump as in the man.

Here is their Values
Values
The words of Jesus are authoritative and compel us to believe:

1. All people are made in the likeness and image of God.
  2. Jesus is the lens through which we understand the Bible… and through which we understand the world in which we live.
  3. Doing Jesus’ work leads to personal growth and greater understanding.
  4. Freedom comes through serving others—not power, politics or materialism.
  5. Diversity and collaboration make us stronger, not weaker.
  6. Wherever your power and influence might lie, it is magnified when shared and held by those who are poor, oppressed and looked over by society.
  7. Questioning cultural norms is healthy and can lead to wholeness.
  8. We respect and fight for the well-being of all people as children of God—especially those with whom we differ.
  9. We embrace and work alongside people of different faiths, erasing the lines of ‘us vs. them
Sorry you are butt hurt that they are calling out so called Christian leaders for selling out their religion for the almighty dollar. They live by the teachings of Jesus unlike so called Christian leaders like Jerry Falwell Jr.
If you worship money or a political party over Jesus then they are probably not the group for you. Maybe you should just follow a televangelist that has a private jet, and a 6 million dollar house. They cater more toward Cafeteria Christians.

Also if he is all the things you say, why is Liberty University so afraid of him.

I figured it would be something like this
https://carolinareviewonline.org/2010/02/07/the-ultimate-bankruptcy-of-the-social-gospel/

But the biggest problems with Claiborne’s philosophy are not his proposals for social change but his theology.

Claiborne persist in perpetuating the idea that Jesus came as a social revolutionary. He goes so far as to write that “Jesus was crucified not for helping the poor but for joining them.” In portraying Jesus as an agent of class conflict, Claiborne conflates the Biblical idea of the poor with the Marxist concept of the proletariat. As Josef Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI) wrote in his 1984 pamphlet, “Instruction on Certain Aspects of ‘Theology of Liberation’“:

As you can see according to Shane Claiborne, Jesus died to start a revolution. That's false gospel, like the Episcopal Bishop at the royal wedding. This is what the Liberal Christians of the social gospel believe. And that is wrong. Jesus died and took the wrath of God that was meant to punish our sin.

Last edited:
Here is their Values
Values
The words of Jesus are authoritative and compel us to believe:

1. All people are made in the likeness and image of God.
  2. Jesus is the lens through which we understand the Bible… and through which we understand the world in which we live.
  3. Doing Jesus’ work leads to personal growth and greater understanding.
  4. Freedom comes through serving others—not power, politics or materialism.
  5. Diversity and collaboration make us stronger, not weaker.
  6. Wherever your power and influence might lie, it is magnified when shared and held by those who are poor, oppressed and looked over by society.
  7. Questioning cultural norms is healthy and can lead to wholeness.
  8. We respect and fight for the well-being of all people as children of God—especially those with whom we differ.
  9. We embrace and work alongside people of different faiths, erasing the lines of ‘us vs. them
Sorry you are butt hurt that they are calling out so called Christian leaders for selling out their religion for the almighty dollar. They live by the teachings of Jesus unlike so called Christian leaders like Jerry Falwell Jr.
If you worship money or a political party over Jesus then they are probably not the group for you. Maybe you should just follow a televangelist that has a private jet, and a 6 million dollar house. They cater more toward Cafeteria Christians.

Also if he is all the things you say, why is Liberty University so afraid of him.
Liberty University won't let him on campus because Shane Claiborne is a professional protestor. Liberty University doesn't want a bunch of angry liberal, Marxists blocking traffic and then complaining about police brutality on campus.

Back