Anti-Cartel Mexican Congressional candidate shot dead while posing for selfie

Mexico is a paradise you Nazi far-right xenophobic bigoted skinhead

113 political assassinations in under a year. Holy balls. I knew Mexico had a problem, and wasn't surprised by the occasional candidate found dead news that popped up. But I had no idea it was that level.

some day we will figure out that cartels are created by black markets and prohibition and that mexicans deserve a safe country of their own so they dont gotta flee here if they dont want to and dont have to see their politicians gunned down in the streets. I think the reality of the situation is until we realize how big of a role our own country plays in this shit it is not ever going to end .

I cant believe we just let this go on year in and year out with such an obvious , free market capitalist solution so easily available

So when they say Chihuahua, does that mean Juarez too?

Its a big country with a crapload of big problems.

Saying you cant visit though is ridiculous, dont if you want but many American cities have comparable murder rates as some of these places people tell not to go to.

Homicides isnt the things you need to watch out, a cartel war can be pretty bloody and rack a crapload of corpses but if the kllings are targeted you probably wont even notice.

On the other hand, some places are rife with robberies, extortion rackets and kidnappings, those are the dangerous places.

Why not just cut a deal to look the other way?

Obviously don't tell America.

Liberals, every death of an American citizen by an illegal is partly your fault.

some day we will figure out that cartels are created by black markets and prohibition and that mexicans deserve a safe country of their own so they dont gotta flee here if they dont want to and dont have to see their politicians gunned down in the streets. I think the reality of the situation is until we realize how big of a role our own country plays in this shit it is not ever going to end .

I cant believe we just let this go on year in and year out with such an obvious , free market capitalist solution so easily available

americans should stop doing drugs mmmmkkkaayyy so that mexicans stop beheading rivals aztec style and gunning down politicians.

clearly americas fault. ok americas not helping but 132 dead politicians isnt your fault.

americans should stop doing drugs mmmmkkkaayyy so that mexicans stop beheading rivals aztec style and gunning down politicians.

clearly americas fault. ok americas not helping but 132 dead politicians isnt your fault.

The cartels number one business is narcotics , the cartels number one purchaser is the united states , the illegality of said narcotics makes for insane profits that are worth breaking the law and killing over and the mexican people suffer then they try to flee to america where half the country doesnt want them to be

So yea in a lot of ways the cartel problem is a direct result of something that has everything in the world to do with us .

Lastly we also have our own model of prohibition to look at for clues as to how you put in end to it and get on to the next thing at hand .

Thank you professor gutter !!

The cartels number one business is narcotics , the cartels number one purchaser is the united states , the illegality of said narcotics makes for insane profits that are worth breaking the law and killing over and the mexican people suffer then they try to flee to america where half the country doesnt want them to be

So yea in a lot of ways the cartel problem is a direct result of something that has everything in the world to do with us .

Lastly we also have our own model of prohibition to look at for clues as to how you put in end to it and get on to the next thing at hand .

While on the one hand I understand and do agree with the macro-mechanics of this argument, on the other, I've always found it odd that we aren't being invaded by all these Canadian cartels.

Not really America's fault entirely but certainly doesnt helps that you guys are so obsessed with making drugdealing a worse offense than selling guns to terrorists.

Canadians use drugs too. To place this all at the feet of Americans is ridiculous.

I am all for the legalization of marijuana, the cartels' #1 moneymaker, due in part because I want them to feel their profits drop. I don't pretend that's going to fix the problem though, and "Legalize it!" isn't a good strategy when you're talking about heroin in the midst of an opioid crisis, meth, or a number of other really harmful, destructive substances.

While on the one hand I understand and do agree with the macro-mechanics of this argument, on the other, I've always found it odd that we aren't being invaded by all these Canadian cartels.

I was unaware that much cocaine came in from the north and that it was the money to do with that cain was the driving force behind a lot of that south american craziness

Build the fucking wall. These fuckers are infiltrating the US and bribing politicians and controlling US towns .

Mexico is a cancer.

You have to go home.

Its a big country with a crapload of big problems.

Saying you cant visit though is ridiculous, dont if you want but many American cities have comparable murder rates as some of these places people tell not to go to.

Homicides isnt the things you need to watch out, a cartel war can be pretty bloody and rack a crapload of corpses but if the kllings are targeted you probably wont even notice.

On the other hand, some places are rife with robberies, extortion rackets and kidnappings, those are the dangerous places.

True, but I wouldn't take offense at foreign governments asking their employees not to visit parts of Chicago or Detroit. It's been a long time since I've visited Mexico, but I remember it as a very beautiful country.

Liberals, every death of an American citizen by an illegal is partly your fault.
Let's restructure that statement and see if it still hold water

"Neocons, every death of an American citizen that doesn't have affordable health insurance is partly your fault"

True, but I wouldn't take offense at foreign governments asking their employees not to visit parts of Chicago or Detroit. It's been a long time since I've visited Mexico, but I remember it as a very beautiful country.

No offense taken whatsoever.

Canadians use drugs too. To place this all at the feet of Americans is ridiculous.

I am all for the legalization of marijuana, the cartels' #1 moneymaker, due in part because I want them to feel their profits drop. I don't pretend that's going to fix the problem though, and "Legalize it!" isn't a good strategy when you're talking about heroin in the midst of an opioid crisis, meth, or a number of other really harmful, destructive substances.

One not like we do. Its the routes in mexico leading north that the violence is about
2 yes actually drug legalization and using the funds we save in prison and law enforcement and the taxes from it to treat it as a medical problem / fund other healthcare needs is exactly the solution to a lot of problems . Kind of a mega deal if you will from mexico to american incarceration to funding things that need funding

Back