Anthony Yarde...

Wow, just wow...
With Hearn and DAZN making such big moves, how the heck did ESPN+ and Frank drop the damn ball so hard.
Did anyone watch tonights card?
Started terribly, livened up a bit, Co main and fight before were brilliant then we head to the main event, Anthony 'the beast' ward vs some LW Argentinian.

Lmfao, Wtf kind of shit was that?
Dude was fighting someone half his bloody size.

Cya Frank.
How did Eddie Hearn and Danz end up with so much money?

How did Eddie Hearn and Danz end up with so much money?
By milking the boxing (and various other sports) for so long like every other promoter...
But Eddie is new young blood who understands the market and its audiences mindset as well as pocket a lot better.
Times have changed.

Seriously mate, its hilarious how there are actually people on here, in this thread, trying to make excuses for that nonsensical fight Yard had last night, it was more embarrassing than Fury vs Seferi.

You must be the only boxing fan in the whole fking world who would think its logical to defend whatever kind of ridiculous miss match last night was.

Have a nice evening, I can't talk to you much more, its late and your logic is lacking... Logic.
Well, I actually said the opposite in my post. That Yarde's mismatch is not good for the sport. But, if you don't feel like reading through things, okay.

Well, I actually said the opposite in my post. That Yarde's mismatch is not good for the sport. But, if you don't feel like reading through things, okay.
Oh I read it, it was one big contradiction, hence my point....

You spent two messages trying to say it wasnt padding a record, then put a little disclaimer at the end saying it was in fact padding.
I'm assuming cos you realised how nonsensical what you wrote said but thought the little disclaimer at the end would override it all.
Nah
But thanks anyway.

Oh I read it, it was one big contradiction, hence my point....

You spent two messages trying to say it wasnt padding a record, then put a little disclaimer at the end saying it was in fact padding.
I'm assuming cos you realised how nonsensical what you wrote said but thought the little disclaimer at the end would override it all.
Nah
But thanks anyway.

No. DeJulez wasn't defending Yarde either. He was commenting specifically on your point that "boxing records are ridiculous and always so padded". I commented on that as well, saying that it's good commercially and for the fighter's skills to get some padding, except when it's taken to the extreme like in a case with Yarde where it's excessive and bad for the fighter and sport. A person can say "sometimes padding is good" and "Yarde's padding is bad" and they are not contradictory statements. That should be really basic logic for anyone to follow and understand.

No. DeJulez wasn't defending Yarde either. He was commenting specifically on your point that "boxing records are ridiculous and always so padded". I commented on that as well, saying that it's good commercially and for the fighter's skills to get some padding, except when it's taken to the extreme like in a case with Yarde where it's excessive and bad for the fighter and sport. A person can say "sometimes padding is good" and "Yarde's padding is bad" and they are not contradictory statements. That should be really basic logic for anyone to follow and understand.
Ye.....
I don't see how padding can be good in any way, shape or form.
Tbh.
And every fighter in the top rank pro boxing club, has had a padded record.

Imagine any other sport where they say - right, we are gonna make your record X, Y and Z for later.
Lol
Why bother getting in the ring eh, just write it on the record beforehand, it's as good as the same fkin thing except you take fans money and manipulate the audience.
Keep on encouraging that, is absolutely brilliant.

?
Lol

Edit :
Are you seriously likening Mayweather vs Pacquiao to Anthony Yarde in whatever the fk that was last night?
I'm not talking about Yarde, I'm talking in general.
And they way you explained it, that could be attributed to May-Pac.
Anyone who knows boxing knew that fight was gonna be a wide UD for Mayweather

Ye.....
I don't see how padding can be good in any way, shape or form.
Tbh.
And every fighter in the top rank pro boxing club, has had a padded record.

Imagine any other sport where they say - right, we are gonna make your record X, Y and Z for later.
Lol
Why bother getting in the ring eh, just write it on the record beforehand, it's as good as the same fkin thing except you take fans money and manipulate the audience.
Keep on encouraging that, is absolutely brilliant.
Can you imagine Joshua fighting Klitschko for his 5th fight or Wilder fighting Joshua when Wilder was 30-0 and Joshua was like 6-0.
Would've been stupid and wouldn't have garnered that much attention because no body would know who they were.

For guys like Wilder, he got into the sport late and needed fine tuning. You don't just rush guys out there like that.
You also need to climb the ranks to show you belong.

Changed the title even though we all know who he meant

Can you imagine Joshua fighting Klitschko for his 5th fight or Wilder fighting Joshua when Wilder was 30-0 and Joshua was like 6-0.
Would've been stupid and wouldn't have garnered that much attention because no body would know who they were.

For guys like Wilder, he got into the sport late and needed fine tuning. You don't just rush guys out there like that.

Good work bringing up wilder and Joshua cos that is the exact point I'm making...
Wilder slow rolled his career to end up having fought two blokes but have a 40-0 and 39 ko record.
Joshua consistently fighting challengers and moving up the ladder, fought bloody Cornish in only his 10th fight.

There lies why one has so much more respect than the other.
I'm not saying they should be fighting world champions in their sixth fight, that's just you being silly and taking what I'm saying to an extreme - but that doesn't mean they need to be fighting lopsided journeymen through to their 20th fights either.

Ps.
Your may mac message is just stupid, real real stupid.

He's already turned down fights with Kovalev and Beterbiev.
I don't know if he's waiting for the big names to grow grey hairs or he wants to put another inch on his biceps before going to world title level.

Yarde is the biggest hype job of all time.

He’s gonna get KO’d really bad when he steps up his competition.

In all fairness Joshua at 6 fights was probably better than wilders 30th opponent

Good work bringing up wilder and Joshua cos that is the exact point I'm making...
Wilder slow rolled his career to end up having fought two blokes but have a 40-0 and 39 ko record.
Joshua consistently fighting challengers and moving up the ladder, fought bloody Cornish in only his 10th fight.

I'm not saying they should be fighting world champions in their sixth fight, that's just you being silly and taking what I'm saying to an extreme - but that doesn't mean they need to be fighting lopsided journeymen through to their 20th fights either.

Ps.

I don't agree with any sort of padding of records, but the sport is run by promoters and not the governing bodies. The problem is because it is so widespread, A loss can put you back potentially years, this stops fighters taking any risks on the way up and this needs to change. Boxing needs to take a leaf out of MMAs book on this and these guys should be fighting other fighters around their rankings.
How many PPVs do you see where you already know who wins each fight other than maybe the headline fight! Its bollocks but boxing fans have accepted this shit for years. We shouldn't be getting all excited when 2 top fighters square off with each other as it should be the norm, but unfortunately things aren't likely to change

He's already turned down fights with Kovalev and Beterbiev.
I don't know if he's waiting for the big names to grow grey hairs or he wants to put another inch on his biceps before going to world title level.

Guys like Beterbiev and Kovalev probably shouldn't be calling out a guy that has fought absolute nobodies. As for Yarde, how can he progress without actually challenging himself?

Ps.

What do you think of the opposite side of that example in Lomachenko? Fighting for a world title in just his second outing but he ended up with a loss (albeit controversial). Is that what you think more fighters should aspire to? Also Usyk being unified CW champion after only 15 bouts?

What do you think of the opposite side of that example in Lomachenko? Fighting for a world title in just his second outing but he ended up with a loss (albeit controversial). Is that what you think more fighters should aspire to? Also Usyk being unified CW champion after only 15 bouts?
400 amateur fights helps.

Yes, I guess so.
If there wasn't so much padding and people legitimately 'climbed the ladder', you'd have champs in far less than 36 fights.

Is that so hard for you to imagine as logical?

Yes, I guess so.
If there wasn't so much padding and people legitimately 'climbed the ladder', you'd have champs in far less than 36 fights.

Is that so hard for you to imagine as logical?
I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else, when did I question your logic?

I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else, when did I question your logic?
Could be getting confused, I only sign on every now an then at work lol....

I dunno, I don't think my opinion is all that complex or needs dissecting too much - I just think people, once they go pro, should be having much closer challengers and that this padding nonsense, for the sake of an easy sale later down the line, should stop.

The arguments some people have posed about needing to get fighters used to the occasion and professional game, cameras and bright lights is just nonsense - they can practice their skill and try their abilities against different styles in the gym and in sparring, once it's a proper contest, it should be just that.. A proper contest.

Ps.
I'm not half as annoyed as I was after that main event lol.

Back