***Anthony "The Hippo" Perosh SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Anthony,

I'm sort of an adopted Australian at the moment so on behalf of Australians thanks for being such an MMA pioneer. Loved the Vinny KO.

What are your thoughts on Australian MMA and how far do you think fighters like Jake Matthews and Robert Whittaker can go?

All the best with your gym, I look forward to some great fighters coming out of their in the future. Thanks for your time.

Another question. Todays MMA is very much about grudges and trash talking. You've always been a respectable fighter. Can you recall anyone in your fighting career ever getting under your skin? (Or just someone you kind of didn't like). You don't have to name them if you don't want to.

What are your thoughts on people who miss weight multiple times? Do you think same day weigh ins should be a thing?
The ex UFC back stage manager Burt used to always say "Don't be late and make weight!". Fighters should make weight or get fined or DQd from their match.

Can you talk a little bit about your gameplan going in against Diabate? I remember being awed at the patience you had until you finally got him to the ground

Hey Anthony...always enjoyed watching your fights and rooting you on.

Piggybacking off of the 100% finish rate comment, did you find one method of finishing to be more satisfying than the other (submission vs tko/ko)?
I love the face down RNC! There is nothing more satisfying then getting someone's back and choking them out while they are staring at the floor.

@Anthony Perosh how do you think the fight with Vinny Magalhaes would have gone if it went to the ground? Did you think you had the experience edge and therefore an advantage or did you want to keep the fight standing?

Hi Anthony,

I'm sort of an adopted Australian at the moment so on behalf of Australians thanks for being such an MMA pioneer. Loved the Vinny KO.

What are your thoughts on Australian MMA and how far do you think fighters like Jake Matthews and Robert Whittaker can go?

All the best with your gym, I look forward to some great fighters coming out of their in the future. Thanks for your time.
Thank you.

I like Robert Whittaker a lot. I really hope he makes it all the way.

Have you ever had to use your BJJ in any real life situations?

Hi Anthony,

Do you train much with your countryman crocop?
And was the last time you visited the country? Any future plans to visit?
Also is there any prospects you seen or worked with that we should watch out for from Australia or Croatia?

And what our your thoughts on Stipe Miocic's rise?
Pozadrav iz Canade

Another question. Todays MMA is very much about grudges and trash talking. You've always been a respectable fighter. Can you recall anyone in your fighting career ever getting under your skin? (Or just someone you kind of didn't like). You don't have to name them if you don't want to.
Only one of my opponents ever insulted me and he did it the entire fight camp before our fight. That was Vinny.

Anthony ..

If you had your choice of opponent to fight, who would it be and why?

Can you talk a little bit about your gameplan going in against Diabate? I remember being awed at the patience you had until you finally got him to the ground.

Thank you. Before my fight camp for that fight my boxing coaxch asked "Are you ready to run a marathon?" My boxing coach Steve Rudic wanted me to keep my distance, not stay in front of him and set up my strikes and takedowns.

Last edited:
Only one of my opponents ever insulted me and he did it the entire fight camp before our fight. That was Vinny.

Must have made that finish extra nice. What a moment that was. We have discussion threads on here for each fight as the happen live and when you landed that shot the board was really excited.

@Anthony Perosh how do you think the fight with Vinny Magalhaes would have gone if it went to the ground? Did you think you had the experience edge and therefore an advantage or did you want to keep the fight standing?
I am great and keeping someone down and using ground and pound and then pass and finish. And I am good at getting up. I was preparing for a ground game.

Anthony, who is your favourite BJJ practitioner that you like to watch?

Hi, Anthony, welcome to Sherdog!

I have two questions:

1. What was your first thought when you knocked out Magalhaes, after all that trash talk from him?

2. As your parents are from Dalmatia, Croatia, do you have any 'feelings' towards football club Hajduk? :)

Thanks!

Hi Anthony,

Do you train much with your countryman crocop?
And was the last time you visited the country? Any future plans to visit?
Also is there any prospects you seen or worked with that we should watch out for from Australia or Croatia?

And what our your thoughts on Stipe Miocic's rise?
Pozadrav iz Canade
Thank you.

The last time I was in Croatia was November 2011 after my win against Cyrille. I want to go back soon.

I haven't see Cro Cop since my fight with him.

I have a few fighters who will be ready for the UFC in the next 18 months!

Stipe is great. I hope he can stay on top for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back