Anthony Smith has been KOd 7 times already, is he really a future champion?

Nah, not future champ. I can't believe people are hopping on that band wagon after he beat Rashad and Shogun. Who's next for him? Tito Ortiz? Chuck Liddell? Julius Caesar's corpse?

That being said, no hate on the guy. He's taking his chances and as far as I know it, he hasn't turned anyone down. Kudos for that, glad to see game fighters even though it's easier to be game when you're outside the rankings.

Good determined guy, very welcome in a talent starved division that has been in deadlock, don't see him threatening guys like DC, Gus or Jones though.
FYI, Julius Caesar's corpse has retired.

It's definitely too early to get any kind of hype train going just yet around this guy because he's only had 2 fights at LHW vs 2 guys on their way out.

He should fight Gus next. Wait for Gus to heal up that "injury"

FYI, Julius Caesar's corpse has retired.

That was a rumor started by Brutus who forced him to retire against his will. Gaius was just about to finish training camp to bang with the Parthians when those senile senate commission fucks didn't want to give him fight clearance smh. So technically he didn't retire, he wass basically banned <DCrying>

He's winning against guys who are big names for things they did 10 years ago.

That said, I never thought Forrest Griffin or Micheal Bisping would ever become champs, then the stars aligned and those guys held a belt. The top of LHW is a black hole and the guy has heavy hands. While I don't see him as an elite fighter, shit can happen.

It's possible he reached a new level via tape study and sports psychology. It's also possible he's got a two fight lucky streak. What he hit Shogun with suggests good tape study and gameplan.

Back