Anthony Pettis's team says Jose Aldo's leg kicks are a non-issue. Big mistake??

Pettis would lose to Edgar if they fought, ironically.

Can't wait for this fight though.

fights arent won simply off a style match up and before they actually happen.

edgar wouldnt try and hump pettis while doing literally nothing the way guida did, so it isnt that simple. frankie is aggressive and there is absolutely fucking zero gaurantee that frankie beats pettis. pettis would have lost to bendo too based off of match ups.

What's delusional about it?
Pettis is fast as fuck.

Aldo's legkicks can be checked from a TKD or Karate stance if you're smart or fast enough, which Pettis is.

Sounds like you're just an Aldo fan upset someone would insinuate your hero may have a challenge.

I swear the number of Green Names that make stupid ass remarks like this is fucking staggering.

Frankie shut down Aldo's leg kicks with take downs. Even if he doesn't have kicks, Aldo is dangerous. But this is a great fight for Pettis and I think he wins.

I swear the number of Green Names that make stupid ass remarks like this is fucking staggering.

way to show him what he said was stupid.

Pettis will have have a huge advantage with his height. Aldo isn't getting his jab off very easy. It will be a good fight.

I hope you guys realize that Pettis Is Tae Kwon Do...his bread and butter is his feet. It would be an issue if he gets hurt there but I don't think aldo would want to have a kicking game with Pettis.

You know who had success with leg kicks against Pettis? Jeremy Stephens. I think Aldo's will give Pettis plenty of trouble. Jeremy was also tagging him with punches in that fight and I believe Aldo to be much faster than Stephens. Pettis is also (usually) pretty flatfooted, with his lead leg really far out: a perfect target for leg kicks.

That said, it really comes down to if Pettis survives those early rounds, does he still have the power to put Aldo away. If we look at his past, he's only finished 2 of the 7 opponents that have made it out of the 1st; both by submission. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just something to think about.

Pettis is a very dangerous opponent but I don't see him as the faster of the two by any means. Without the threat of his kicks being caught and taken down, I see Aldo utilizing the leg kick often and successfully. I've never really seen Pettis in trouble or hurt so I'm interested to see him after he eats a few big leg kicks.

I think Aldo moves well enough to avoid the power shots of Pettis and makes him pay with leg kicks and punches. 49-46 Aldo with some really exciting early rounds.

Aldo's leg kicks aren't just hard they are really quick as well. I doubt that Pettis can block them all, but being prepared to have an effective block and counter is better than just eating them. It worked for Edgar, Aldo abandoned the leg kicks as soon as he felt defending takedowns would expend too much energy.

plus he has great timing with them and sets them up nice too.

It really depends on who he is sparring with, and if he actually checks leg kicks. I'm always so surprised at the fact that so many fighters don't actually check kicks. Pettis seems like his stand-up is legit, and I'm sure he spars with high level kick boxers. If that's the case, they won't be as dangerous as they were against guys like Faber, who just eats them all day......

Pettis has a big chance of winning. Crazy pace, amazing ground game, amazing striking. It's gonna be a serious test for Aldo, who's smaller too, right?

No, he stopped kicking because Frankie timed him and was expecting it.
It's easy to counter off of a rear kick with a left hook, which Frankie was looking for.

Sherdog and Jose Aldo disagree with you:

By the middle of round three, however, Aldo had slowed and the momentum had begun to shift ever so subtly. Edgar kept pushing his frenetic pace and started to find a home for his punches, his attack spearheaded by his right hand. A lightning-quick front kick to the face from Aldo may have been all that kept him from surrendering the round, as Edgar forced him to abandon his focus on the legs for fear of being taken down.

"He knew that I was going to continue my kicking and try to take me down,

Back